Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

3D printed RC plane videod by a drone Cox_ba12

3D printed RC plane videod by a drone Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Cox powered boat litle shrimp hidroplane
by davidll1984 Today at 2:52 pm

» my attempt at making an exhaust throttle for Cox .049
by roddie Today at 1:39 pm

» Introducing the new - "QZ" RR-1
by roddie Today at 1:08 pm

» STUKA bomb dimentions needed
by latole Today at 9:36 am

» Indexing COX cylinders
by davidll1984 Today at 7:56 am

» Another of C.T. engines cleaned ---- Cox Tee Dee .09 --- Just today (3/26/2024) more Cox parts
by Yabby Today at 7:47 am

» Introducing our Cox .049 TD Engines
by Yabby Today at 6:33 am

» 1/2a Skyray plans?
by 944_Jim Yesterday at 10:14 pm

» Postage stamp backplates
by JPvelo Yesterday at 8:52 pm

» Cosmic Winds, - Big Guy, Little Guys, Silver Guy and Wounded Guy.
by rsv1cox Yesterday at 5:18 pm

» My friend Ramón, his Cox .09 & Cox .010
by MauricioB Yesterday at 12:31 pm

» Parts Cox TD-4
by rsv1cox Yesterday at 8:40 am

Cox Engine of The Month
March-2024
balogh's

"COX Budapest" .049 engine

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

3D printed RC plane videod by a drone Empty
Live on Patrol

3D printed RC plane videod by a drone

Go down

3D printed RC plane videod by a drone Empty 3D printed RC plane videod by a drone

Post  balogh Sun Dec 10, 2017 1:21 pm

This is unbelievable....

balogh
balogh
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

3D printed RC plane videod by a drone Empty Re: 3D printed RC plane videod by a drone

Post  Jason_WI Sun Dec 10, 2017 2:07 pm

That's pretty neat. I'll have to check out that websight that sells the plans.
Jason_WI
Jason_WI
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

Back to top Go down

3D printed RC plane videod by a drone Empty Re: 3D printed RC plane videod by a drone

Post  Cribbs74 Sun Dec 10, 2017 7:58 pm

That is pretty cool. The see through is neat, but could be hard to spot in some conditions.

Cribbs74
Cribbs74

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  MauricioB Sun Dec 10, 2017 8:48 pm

Reflecting ... bye balsa?
I have seen these products here, without a doubt they are incredible products, almost perfect, I say almost perfect because they are just in full evolution ... there will be no mistakes, everything will be asking for a model, or a file and a model is born of technology .... meanwhile, I wonder, and our hands, our pride in a product made by us? ... everything changes, but the changes do not always make part of it. ... I keep thinking about what one feels pride, pride of having done something, and feel well, dream and create .... conjugation of so many senses of a human being, embodied in a model made of wood, carved, full of illusions ...
This this 3D printing is incredible, it's fantastic, but it leaves me out of what makes me feel that I created something ... just reflecting drunken
MauricioB
MauricioB
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  getback Mon Dec 11, 2017 7:31 am

That is cool , i see you buy the plans and print it from home . Plans are not very expensive but having a 3D printer and then buying the spools of ABS or what ever is another thing ! I guess i see it this way IF it gets more younger people involved at this stage of evolution we are in then it's good , maybe later they will want to try a hand at some real craftmanship!! How about that IC sound! I Love This Forum! link.. https://3dlabprint.com/shop/messerschmitt-bf-109t-tony/ Very Happy
getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  balogh Mon Dec 11, 2017 7:36 am

MauricioB wrote:Reflecting ... bye balsa?
I have seen these products here, without a doubt they are incredible products, almost perfect, I say almost perfect because they are just in full evolution ... there will be no mistakes, everything will be asking for a model, or a file and a model is born of technology .... meanwhile, I wonder, and our hands, our pride in a product made by us? ... everything changes, but the changes do not always make part of it. ... I keep thinking about what one feels pride, pride of having done something, and feel well, dream and create .... conjugation of so many senses of a human being, embodied in a model made of wood, carved, full of illusions ...
This this 3D printing is incredible, it's fantastic, but it leaves me out of what makes me feel that I created something ... just reflecting drunken

I had similar thoughts coming into my mind....I also am not planning to buy a 3D printer but would stay with balsa as one important part of ur hobby is the creation by your own hands...no matter what the quality is, but that is what you, and not a printer has created.
What is marvelous though is the video that the pilot of the drone shot  by following the plane...you felt like you are in a combat plane chasing that beautiful 3D thing..
balogh
balogh
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  KariFS Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:15 am

One thing to consider is the "evolution" of craftsmanship. Maybe a modern craftsman is the one who builds or assembles a 3D-printer, adjusts, calibrates, configures until it works perfectly, then models a Spitfire in 3D-software and then prints it out and assembles it with all the modern digital doohickery?

I am sure I could put together a 3-D printer from a kit and adjust it until it works but everything else would be very difficult for me. Modern technology makes many things easier. For example one can 3-D laser-scan just about any object, create a surface model from the scan and then import it into a design software. Then it is "just" a matter of designing the internals... I don't know how to do these things but I do know they can be done.

For me, building a model airplane still means cutting and shaping balsa, and I think it always will.
KariFS
KariFS
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Jason_WI Mon Dec 11, 2017 3:04 pm

One could resurrect the Cox plastic CL planes from back in the day. Maybe this guy could do a PT-19 that used a Cox postage stamp backplate and a perfect fuel tank.
Jason_WI
Jason_WI
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  getback Mon Dec 11, 2017 4:47 pm

WHAT HE SAID wrote:
nOW THAT WOULD THROW EVEN MORE $!!+ IN THE FIRE TO DETERMINE if it were Real!! Small Cox Logo
getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down