Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

Vacation time!! Cox_ba12

Vacation time!! Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Anderson Baby Spitfire - looking for the aft tank and gasket
by dan vincent Today at 6:15 pm

» Another of C.T. engines cleaned ---- Cox Tee Dee .09 --- Just today (3/26/2024) more Cox parts
by sosam117 Today at 5:55 pm

» Cox powered boat litle shrimp hidroplane
by davidll1984 Today at 2:52 pm

» my attempt at making an exhaust throttle for Cox .049
by roddie Today at 1:39 pm

» Introducing the new - "QZ" RR-1
by roddie Today at 1:08 pm

» STUKA bomb dimentions needed
by latole Today at 9:36 am

» Indexing COX cylinders
by davidll1984 Today at 7:56 am

» Introducing our Cox .049 TD Engines
by Yabby Today at 6:33 am

» 1/2a Skyray plans?
by 944_Jim Yesterday at 10:14 pm

» Postage stamp backplates
by JPvelo Yesterday at 8:52 pm

» Cosmic Winds, - Big Guy, Little Guys, Silver Guy and Wounded Guy.
by rsv1cox Yesterday at 5:18 pm

» My friend Ramón, his Cox .09 & Cox .010
by MauricioB Yesterday at 12:31 pm

Cox Engine of The Month
March-2024
balogh's

"COX Budapest" .049 engine

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

Vacation time!! Empty
Live on Patrol

Vacation time!!

Go down

LOL Vacation time!!

Post  Oldenginerod Sun Oct 19, 2014 5:31 am

Well Guys (& Gals), time to head off for a bit of R & R with the family.  Doubt I'll have much opportunity to communicate for the next week unless I find a friendly McDonalds with WiFi, but I look forward to catching up on all the good juice from you all when I get home.
Heading off to the sunny beach-side town of Merimbula on the New South Wales south coast.  Our boys are taking surf boards (remember, it's Spring here), my beloved is taking her bicycle, and I'm just taking a break.  Just gone 52 last week and my 50th birthday present was cash towards a flight in something open, like a Tiger Moth (which are pretty prolific out here).  I still haven't cashed that one in but I'll keep an eye out on our trip for something suitable.  Hopefully, report to follow.  
Airplane
Cheers.
Rod.
Oldenginerod
Oldenginerod
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

LOL Re: Vacation time!!

Post  dckrsn Sun Oct 19, 2014 10:41 am

Have a great break Rod. Hope it
doesn't fly by too fast. Flying
Bob
dckrsn
dckrsn
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  getback Sun Oct 19, 2014 10:47 am

Happy Vacationing Rod ,Spring Smoking Fall here temps dropping stupid Wind is UP ! It just want give us a break right now . Firewood ime is alreay kicking my butt , that wood gets heaver ever year lol! Have Fun look forward to your return. Eric Very Happy Airplane
getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Ken Cook Sun Oct 19, 2014 1:53 pm

I just returned from a small vacation myself. Drove from Pennsylvania to North Carolina on Friday and just returned back on Sunday. Huntersville, NC had a terrific contest and I was happy to see Rusty and his family. My son and I flew 1/2A combat and speed limit. Both of us did quite well returning with all of our planes. A lot of driving in the past few days, but it was the experience that made up for it.

1/2A was really a good time. I had some new stuff which didn't immediately work out real well. A bit of tinkering not to mention some choice words and all was working well. Ken
Ken Cook
Ken Cook
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Oldenginerod Mon Oct 27, 2014 9:55 pm

Thanks for the good wishes guys.  Had a really nice week away.  Weather was about right- not too hot but warm enough to enjoy a stroll along the beach.  Our boys spent a bit of time in the surf but quickly learned that they weren't as good as they thought.
Vacation time!! 100_4212
While it was relaxing I made the effort to spend a bit of time each day walking, which I do nowhere near enough of.
The boys took a fishing charter and had a good day, scoring several nice sized Morwongs and a heap of Flatheads.  (I'll let you all search to find out what they are).  

Vacation time!! 100_4213

Vacation time!! 100_4215

The Morwongs went down a treat for dinner that night.
A bonus was that our apartment was right under the flightpath of the local airport, a negative for many but we enjoyed plane spotting and the happy sounds of aircraft overhead.  I grew up at the end of a strip so it takes me back.
The only exposure to modelling we had was we passed a sign to "Frog Hollow Model Field".  Looked like no-one was there so we kept driving.
Happy to have the chance to finally get away.  I'm self employed so it's hard to go too far from home as the income stops when I stop.  Taking this extra week to try to finish a car project I've been trying to complete for about 3 years.

The relaxed Rod.
Oldenginerod
Oldenginerod
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  RknRusty Mon Oct 27, 2014 11:15 pm

Way to go, Rod. Have a great time. I love the beach for rest and relaxation.
Rusty

My Hot Rock & Blues Playlist
RknRusty
RknRusty
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  getback Tue Oct 28, 2014 10:06 am

Good to see you had a relaxed time , Welcome back. Eric Very Happy
getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Oldenginerod Thu Oct 30, 2014 4:31 am

Took an extra week off work following my trip to try to finish a long-term project that I don't spend enough time on.  Picked this up in '99 as it is almost the same as my first road car.  Drove it for a while original and eventually decided to pull it off the road & do a rebuild.  I'm slowly getting there.  1970 Toyota Corolla KE11, with 2 speed "Toyoglide" transmission.  (Miniaturized version of the GM Powerglide).  It's an absolute powerhouse!!   Clapping
Vacation time!! 100_4310
Vacation time!! 100_4311
Oldenginerod
Oldenginerod
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  ian1954 Thu Oct 30, 2014 7:20 am

I always enjoy seeing an engine where there is plenty of room to work on and around it. An engine that can be, to a large extent, DIY serviced and not require specialized equipment, digital readers and computer analysis.

I look at my car (and motorcycle) and there is little that I can do to it myself other than check fluid levels. I then end up paying exorbitant amounts for service and paying notional hourly rates for the use of diagnostic equipment. My motorcycle was serviced last week and I was charged £375 - not cheap, but then again it is a sophisticated beast. My older bikes could be self serviced for the cost of oil, lubrication and a filter. A few adjustments - tappets, brakes, timing and the chain retensioned - a couple of hours and even at todays prices probable no more than £30.

There are lots of posts on this site showing the golden oldies and it does make me more than a little envious. I enjoyed servicing my own machines.

Unfortunately, driving conditions in the UK are not "Golden Oldie" friendly. Keeping a distance behind the car in front to suit older braking systems is almost impossible. You will get cut up as a car fills the gap. The braking on the "Golden Oldies" I have owned cannot match a modern car with ABS and ASC controlled disc braking systems.

Quite a few enthusiasts here tend to upgrade braking systems and swap out drums for discs. Sometimes straight forward but often not!
ian1954
ian1954
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Oldenginerod Mon Nov 03, 2014 8:29 pm

I'm keeping this one as original as I can, even down to the engine colour and correct fasteners. I have had to compromise on a few minor things and during the engine rebuild I made sure everything was a good as it could be. I upgraded the alloy rocker posts to steel ones as the alloy ones expand & the valves rattle when hot. Measured combustion chambers and adjusted for optimum compression and balance. Only modification I did was, on fitting the "new" transmission, a couple of bell housing bolts were different and the output splines differed from original, meaning I had to source a later model tailshaft front yoke. Other than that, everything is standard, even the tyre size.

Rod.
Oldenginerod
Oldenginerod
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  ekitten2 Wed Nov 26, 2014 11:26 pm

giday oldengine...yas is not the only aussie on here

<< Dubbo central west slopes NSW
ekitten2
ekitten2
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Oldenginerod Thu Nov 27, 2014 4:05 am

Gazza.
We've managed to pick up another couple along the way recently as well. Heck, it's almost a takeover Clapping
Oldenginerod
Oldenginerod
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Kim Thu Nov 27, 2014 7:20 am

Oldenginerod wrote:Gazza.
We've managed to pick up another couple along the way recently as well.  Heck, it's almost a takeover Clapping

A Happy Coup !!!
Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  ekitten2 Thu Nov 27, 2014 3:33 pm

we may have to send a few squadrons over to take care off em?
ekitten2
ekitten2
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

LOL Aussie Assault

Post  Oldenginerod Thu Nov 27, 2014 7:55 pm

ekitten2 wrote:we may have to send a few squadrons over to take care  off em?

No way!    Thumbs Down
They're currently celebrating another holiday  Thanksgiving Dinner with a major focus on eating, so they're practically Aussies already. Beer Cheers
Oldenginerod
Oldenginerod
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down