Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

Two of my Babe Bee's Cox_ba12

Two of my Babe Bee's Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Introducing our Cox .049 TD Engines
by Yabby Today at 6:33 am

» Another of C.T. engines cleaned ---- Cox Tee Dee .09 --- Just today (3/26/2024) more Cox parts
by Yabby Today at 6:19 am

» STUKA bomb dimentions needed
by latole Today at 5:44 am

» Indexing COX cylinders
by balogh Today at 1:10 am

» 1/2a Skyray plans?
by 944_Jim Yesterday at 10:14 pm

» Postage stamp backplates
by JPvelo Yesterday at 8:52 pm

» my attempt at making an exhaust throttle for Cox .049
by roddie Yesterday at 8:20 pm

» Cosmic Winds, - Big Guy, Little Guys, Silver Guy and Wounded Guy.
by rsv1cox Yesterday at 5:18 pm

» My friend Ramón, his Cox .09 & Cox .010
by MauricioB Yesterday at 12:31 pm

» Parts Cox TD-4
by rsv1cox Yesterday at 8:40 am

» On ebay a very special Cox engine
by davidll1984 Yesterday at 6:32 am

» Introducing the new - "QZ" RR-1
by Admin Yesterday at 12:51 am

Cox Engine of The Month
March-2024
balogh's

"COX Budapest" .049 engine

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

Two of my Babe Bee's Empty
Live on Patrol

Two of my Babe Bee's

Go down

Two of my Babe Bee's Empty Two of my Babe Bee's

Post  TDbandit Mon Dec 22, 2014 7:56 pm

Hi though that I would share a pic of two of my Babe Bee's. The top one I've had as a kid and is primarily seen on my sig 1/2A skyray, the bottom one though is kinda an enigma. This engine was once my dads and is a Babe Bee with a stunt tank the strange part "to me that is" is the cylinder, it's an unground slitted twin bypass cylinder which prompted my dad to once use a pair of pliers to remove it "cringes" anyway I'm still learning how to ID these cylinders since until I ran into this forum I never really payed attention to. Both of these engines are great runners by the way. If y'all could help enlighten me on what type of cylinder and maybe the age I would greatly appreciate it thanks guys (Bandit)
Two of my Babe Bee's Twin_b10
TDbandit
TDbandit
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

Two of my Babe Bee's Empty Re: Two of my Babe Bee's

Post  getback Tue Dec 23, 2014 12:17 pm

Here you go Bandit got some help from others on another question and maybe can help you also ,Your Bees are in here 1998 I think was the yr. with the slit exhaust ports http://www.mh-aerotools.de/airfoils/cox_frameset.htm this site has some really good info also but don't have as many pic.s http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cox_model_engine Getback Rudolph
getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  TDbandit Tue Dec 23, 2014 2:15 pm

getback wrote:Here you go Bandit got some help from others on another question and maybe can help you also ,Your Bees  are in here 1998 I think was the yr. with the slit exhaust ports  http://www.mh-aerotools.de/airfoils/cox_frameset.htm  this site has some really good info also but don't have as many pic.s   http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cox_model_engine  Getback Rudolph
Awesome!! thank you I'm currently going through it and have already learned some things that I didn't know especially about my medallion. Also the cox handbook that you mentioned in another thread has got me interested too might just pick one of those up as well if I can find one that is. (Bandit)
TDbandit
TDbandit
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

Post  gcb Tue Dec 23, 2014 5:07 pm

For those slit-intake cylinders with no provisions for removing them, you can use a piece of wood with a hole drilled for cylinder fins. Cut the wood in half through the hole and clamp the wood around the cylinder. This will distribute the clamping force and not leave marks like pliers.

George

Edit: Forgot to mention...if the engine with the stunt tank has a slight gold tint to it, it could be a Golden Bee. Some of them had their anodizing fade over time.
gcb
gcb
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Ken Cook Tue Dec 23, 2014 5:25 pm

Would the slitted cylinder without the wrench flats be a Leisure Dynamics cylinder? I have a few Black Widow engines that are like this. I also have a few slitted single ported Bee engines from 1987. Ken
Ken Cook
Ken Cook
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  TDbandit Tue Dec 23, 2014 8:57 pm

gcb wrote:For those slit-intake cylinders with no provisions for removing them, you can use a piece of wood with a hole drilled for cylinder fins. Cut the wood in half through the hole and clamp the wood around the cylinder. This will distribute the clamping force and not leave marks like pliers.

George

Edit: Forgot to mention...if the engine with the stunt tank has a slight gold tint to it, it could be a Golden Bee. Some of them had their anodizing fade over time.
I'm positive that it's not a Golden Bee "raw aluminum" wish it was though also my dad installed the stunt tank, it once had the small 5cc tank on it. He used to fly it on an old Q-tee
The clamp idea sound great, I never though about that thanks Smile (Bandit)

Last edited by TDbandit on Tue Dec 23, 2014 9:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
TDbandit
TDbandit
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

Post  TDbandit Tue Dec 23, 2014 9:07 pm

Ken Cook wrote:           Would the slitted cylinder without the wrench flats be a Leisure Dynamics cylinder? I have a few Black Widow engines that are like this. I also have a few slitted single ported Bee engines from 1987. Ken
It very well could be come to think of it I don't have a huge amount of experience on cylinder Identification. like I said this engine used to belong to my dad and it's possible that he may have switched the cylinder at one point since he used to run the crap out of it when he had it. (Bandit)
TDbandit
TDbandit
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down