Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

Adopted! The Orphaned Pilot's Club...Free for Postage to A Good Home: PT-19 Pilots Cox_ba12

Adopted! The Orphaned Pilot's Club...Free for Postage to A Good Home: PT-19 Pilots Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Introducing the new - "QZ" RR-1
by Boats13 Today at 10:19 am

» STUKA bomb dimentions needed
by latole Today at 9:36 am

» Indexing COX cylinders
by davidll1984 Today at 7:56 am

» Another of C.T. engines cleaned ---- Cox Tee Dee .09 --- Just today (3/26/2024) more Cox parts
by Yabby Today at 7:47 am

» Introducing our Cox .049 TD Engines
by Yabby Today at 6:33 am

» 1/2a Skyray plans?
by 944_Jim Yesterday at 10:14 pm

» Postage stamp backplates
by JPvelo Yesterday at 8:52 pm

» my attempt at making an exhaust throttle for Cox .049
by roddie Yesterday at 8:20 pm

» Cosmic Winds, - Big Guy, Little Guys, Silver Guy and Wounded Guy.
by rsv1cox Yesterday at 5:18 pm

» My friend Ramón, his Cox .09 & Cox .010
by MauricioB Yesterday at 12:31 pm

» Parts Cox TD-4
by rsv1cox Yesterday at 8:40 am

» On ebay a very special Cox engine
by davidll1984 Yesterday at 6:32 am

Cox Engine of The Month
March-2024
balogh's

"COX Budapest" .049 engine

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

Adopted! The Orphaned Pilot's Club...Free for Postage to A Good Home: PT-19 Pilots Empty
Live on Patrol

Adopted! The Orphaned Pilot's Club...Free for Postage to A Good Home: PT-19 Pilots

Go down

SOLD! Adopted! The Orphaned Pilot's Club...Free for Postage to A Good Home: PT-19 Pilots

Post  Kim Sat Jun 27, 2015 9:46 am

Had these guys sitting on a shelf for a while.  MY PT's, for better or worse, lead a very utilitarian life, so these guys lost their seats to key fob cameras.

Adopted! The Orphaned Pilot's Club...Free for Postage to A Good Home: PT-19 Pilots 0_010

I'll send them for postage, which I figure ain't much...and you'll be glad to hear that I WILL ship overseas!

Clearing House Kim

Last edited by Kim on Sat Jun 27, 2015 10:12 am; edited 2 times in total
Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

SOLD! Re: Adopted! The Orphaned Pilot's Club...Free for Postage to A Good Home: PT-19 Pilots

Post  1/2A Nut Sat Jun 27, 2015 9:57 am

Hi Kim

I have two PT 19's one is missing it's rear pilot when I bought the plane so this will be a plus!
Will PM you my address and thank you!  Small Cox Logo

Brad
1/2A Nut
1/2A Nut
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

SOLD! Re: Adopted! The Orphaned Pilot's Club...Free for Postage to A Good Home: PT-19 Pilots

Post  Kim Sat Jun 27, 2015 10:10 am

1/2A Nut wrote:Hi Kim

I have two PT 19's one is missing it's rear pilot when I bought the plane so this will be a plus!
Will PM you my address and thank you!  Small Cox Logo

Brad

You got it !
Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  roddie Sat Jun 27, 2015 12:48 pm

Those are NICE! What model did they come from? They're not Cox parts are they? Although.. I believe I remember a flight-vid you posted of your Cox PT-19 with a camera installed. My pilots are separate.. there's no instruments.. and the windscreens are just frames molded-in without glass. My cockpits don't have near that amount of detail.

This was my first Cox PT-19's fuse.. (circa 1992) and after flying the crap out of it..

Adopted! The Orphaned Pilot's Club...Free for Postage to A Good Home: PT-19 Pilots Pt19-o10

I ordered a replacement fuse and fuel tank direct from Cox about 3 years later. It didn't come furnished with pilots either.. I was surprised it came with a bell-crank..

Adopted! The Orphaned Pilot's Club...Free for Postage to A Good Home: PT-19 Pilots Pt1910

Fuel tank issues have grounded this model.. but I've had a pickle-jar full of small wedge-tanks soaking in lacquer thinner for over two months! I'll give one of the short 8-10cc tanks a try. I can always drill a hole in the top of the fuse for an extended filler pipe. Maybe solder tabs to accept #2 screws through the inboard side of the fuse's nose.

This is a Perfect-brand #2 (3/8 oz. cap.) tank that should work fine.

Adopted! The Orphaned Pilot's Club...Free for Postage to A Good Home: PT-19 Pilots No_2_p10

I'm sure other people have had troubles with the molded plastic "bowl-type" tank like mine had. Either it comes loose and glue won't hold.. or the nipple breaks off the bottom or won't hold the fuel line in place. This is an easy solution.
roddie
roddie
Top Poster
Top Poster

http://www.stilburnin.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Kim Sat Jun 27, 2015 1:02 pm

Hey Roddie,

Yeah they're from a Cox PT-19, though I'm not sure of it's vintage.  Myolder QZ PT has individual pilots, this (I think) came from one of the later airframes.
Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  1/2A Nut Mon Jul 06, 2015 7:01 pm

Small Cox Logo

Thank you Kim sent you 12 bux towards you next quart of 1/2A fuel Thumbs Up

Adopted! The Orphaned Pilot's Club...Free for Postage to A Good Home: PT-19 Pilots Imag0912

1/2A Nut
1/2A Nut
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark Boesen Mon Jul 06, 2015 10:40 pm

This is version (c.1974) ran thru the late seventies, possibly 1980.

Adopted! The Orphaned Pilot's Club...Free for Postage to A Good Home: PT-19 Pilots 74page10
Mark Boesen
Mark Boesen
Top Poster
Top Poster

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/049Collectors/

Back to top Go down

Post  1/2A Nut Tue Jul 07, 2015 2:14 am

That is the version I first flew brand new from the box as a kid. My friend held it while I ran out to the handle I learned to fly control line with it. Great fun in my late 20's I scratch build a 1/2A TD profile CL plane that ended up being my best flying power to weight.
A year back or so I flew my first TD .020  the lines where a bit long but she flew great considering the wing loading was light. The design was similar to the TD .049 version mentioned. Would be nice to have a micro PT-19 with a TD .020 fro the back yard.

Here is a pic:

Adopted! The Orphaned Pilot's Club...Free for Postage to A Good Home: PT-19 Pilots 2013-110
1/2A Nut
1/2A Nut
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down