Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

Happy Birthday Fredvon4 and Cox Engine Forum!! Cox_ba12

Happy Birthday Fredvon4 and Cox Engine Forum!! Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Project Cox .049 r/c & Citabrian Champion
by MauricioB Today at 5:40 pm

» Cox P-51 Bendix Trophy Racer
by Wayne Brown Today at 5:39 pm

» thread measurements
by MauricioB Today at 5:33 pm

» Cox Thompson Trophy Winner
by Jerry Today at 5:20 pm

» COX 010 TeeDee with RC carb, courtesy sosam 117
by rdw777 Today at 3:08 pm

» "Me and Crazy Horse...Our Anniversary"
by fit90 Today at 2:52 pm

» a cheap sport muffler
by robot797 Today at 1:34 pm

» OS 10FSR Carb Needed
by Cougar 429 Today at 1:14 pm

» AP .061 Hornet
by F4D Phantom II Yesterday at 10:01 pm

» dozens of old .049 TeeDee's, Medallions and a few others
by rsv1cox Yesterday at 7:46 pm

» Re-manufactured Enya .06-II for Boats13
by Boats13 Yesterday at 7:32 pm

» TD 09 Ducted Fan
by getback Yesterday at 8:41 am

Cox Engine of The Month
March-2024
balogh's

"COX Budapest" .049 engine

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

Happy Birthday Fredvon4 and Cox Engine Forum!! Empty
Live on Patrol

Happy Birthday Fredvon4 and Cox Engine Forum!!

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Happy Birthday Fredvon4 and Cox Engine Forum!! Empty Happy Birthday Fredvon4 and Cox Engine Forum!!

Post  rogermharris Mon Jul 27, 2015 6:43 am

Wishing you the best Fred:happy_b_day: Happy Birthday ! Beer Cheers Clapping
July-27 July-27
rogermharris
rogermharris
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

Happy Birthday Fredvon4 and Cox Engine Forum!! Empty Re: Happy Birthday Fredvon4 and Cox Engine Forum!!

Post  Oldenginerod Mon Jul 27, 2015 7:24 am

Hey, so it is.  Happy Birthday Fred.   Thumbs Up   Giving is a great gift in itself.   Money Toss  It was a great thing you did for young Greg & Jack.  You're a true gentleman & I hope you have a great day.  Happy Birthday
Cheers.
Rod.
Oldenginerod
Oldenginerod
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Happy Birthday Fredvon4 and Cox Engine Forum!! Empty Re: Happy Birthday Fredvon4 and Cox Engine Forum!!

Post  larrys4227 Mon Jul 27, 2015 7:40 am

Happy Birthday! And yes, once I caught up on that thread and read what you've done for youngsters .... Outstanding!! and Well Done!!
larrys4227
larrys4227
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  getback Mon Jul 27, 2015 7:58 am

Happy Birthday  Fred hope your day is all you want from it Thank You for all you do here !! And this Forum a very happy place indeed Happy Birthday Fireworks Fireworks Beers Biplane Crazy Eyes I Love This Forum! Small Cox Logo Babe Bee .049 Small Cox Logo
getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Marleysky Mon Jul 27, 2015 8:15 am

HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Fred and CEF!! July-27 July-27 This Site Rocks!

I want to thank Jacob for creating the CEF, not only for all the information that is available here, but also for the opportunity to learn from and share our experiences with these wonderful engines with many others around the world!! Friends/Meeting

I wish FRED a very happy birthday, for being a  "true gentleman" for not only sharing his knowledge, but buy giving to others to keep the happiness of burning nitro and castor oil alive for a new generation!  RC Plane
Marleysky
Marleysky
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  GallopingGhostler Mon Jul 27, 2015 9:52 am

July-27 This Site Rocks! Happy Birthday, Fred. Beer Cheers
GallopingGhostler
GallopingGhostler
Top Poster
Top Poster

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  duke.johnson Mon Jul 27, 2015 1:04 pm

Happy Birthday Buddy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
duke.johnson
duke.johnson
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  David S Mon Jul 27, 2015 4:55 pm

Happy Birthday Fred! The forum is great!

David S
David S
David S
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  cox24711 Mon Jul 27, 2015 5:11 pm

hippy birthday fred thank you so much for all the stuff you have given me! have a great day Beers Friends/Meeting Football Play Horsing Around Stereo Phone Happy Birthday Money Toss Burning Cash Hats Off Fireworks Australia Thank You
cox24711
cox24711
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Jul 27, 2015 5:26 pm

Happy Birthday Fred! Happy Birthday

Happy Birthday Fredvon4 and Cox Engine Forum!! X0zayo12

Admin
Admin
Administrator

http://sites.google.com/site/coxenginecollection/

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Jul 27, 2015 6:12 pm

Yep, 5 years ago today the forum went online!  July-27

This snapshot is from Aug 11 2011, one of the earliest snapshots that I have of the forum. Surprisingly, I had members joining just days after starting it, at the time I only had a link to it posted on my site. It didn't start taking off until about mid 2011.
Happy Birthday Fredvon4 and Cox Engine Forum!! Cox_en10

I Love This Forum! and its members!

Admin
Admin
Administrator

http://sites.google.com/site/coxenginecollection/

Back to top Go down

Post  roddie Mon Jul 27, 2015 6:34 pm

A Very Happy Birthday to you Fred! You're an inspiration! Jacob, thank you so much for this great site! It and all it's members have truly been a positive force in my life since I joined in July of 2013.. How the time fly's.. there must be a Cox engine inside the cowling!!!
roddie
roddie
Top Poster
Top Poster

http://www.stilburnin.com

Back to top Go down

Post  AUjack2003 Mon Jul 27, 2015 8:12 pm

Happy birthday fred and what a milestone for CEF.

Have a great day.

Jack

July-27 cheers
AUjack2003
AUjack2003
Silver Member
Silver Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Cribbs74 Mon Jul 27, 2015 8:34 pm

Happy Birthday ya ol' Ground Pounder
Cribbs74
Cribbs74

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  NEW222 Mon Jul 27, 2015 8:56 pm

Happy Birthday to ya Fred. Have a great day.

As well, Happy Birthday CEF! Thank you Jacob for starting the forum on this day 5 years ago. Also thanks for all of the help I have received here. It makes things great! July-27
NEW222
NEW222
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  RknRusty Mon Jul 27, 2015 9:26 pm

Happy Birthday Fred! Thanks for all you've brought to CEF.
Have fun!
Rusty

My Hot Rock & Blues Playlist
RknRusty
RknRusty
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  mitchg95 Mon Jul 27, 2015 9:34 pm

Happy birthday Fred Beer Cheers
mitchg95
mitchg95
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Happy Birthday Fredvon4 and Cox Engine Forum!! Empty Thanks to all my CEF friends!

Post  fredvon4 Tue Jul 28, 2015 9:49 am

Aug 26th 2011 I became member 95 here

This forum has enriched my life in many many ways
This Site Rocks!

Jacob created and the members contribute to one of the ONLY forums I belong to that has a true community spirit

Rarely are there any trolls and other crap stirring confrontational discussions.

I do not know the truth of this- IF it is just good moderating, or (my suspicion) we all tend to be bound by a hobby that is essentially TOO FUN to let some interpersonal crud get in the way of enjoying all this site has to offer

Again thank to all for the birthday wishes

Jacob, moderators, and all members.....I Love This Forum!
fredvon4
fredvon4
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  GallopingGhostler Tue Jul 28, 2015 10:57 am

fredvon4 wrote:Rarely are there any trolls and other crap stirring confrontational discussions. I do not know the truth of this- IF it is just good moderating, or (my suspicion) we all tend to be bound by a hobby that is essentially TOO FUN to let some interpersonal crud get in the way of enjoying all this site has to offer.

I think there is at least one person who was banned from this site. Occasionally there are strong disagreements, but these are mostly limited to methods, supplies and equipment, not directed toward people. I think administration here is excellent.

One thing that will discourage good posters from a forum is derogatory trolling, bent on disrupting healthy discussions. I've stopped posting or limited my posting in a few forums because of this.
GallopingGhostler
GallopingGhostler
Top Poster
Top Poster

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  fredvon4 Tue Jul 28, 2015 12:11 pm

Exactly my point George... there are personalities on some sites that love to belittle or just argue for the sake of stirring the poo and I do still read and learn on some of those sites but post very little

I have a lot of time to be on this web site, in the last 5 years, probably reading 95% of every post ever recorded here on CEF, I doubt there are more than 4 or 5 "contentious" threads.... compared to 5 or 6 a day on other sites

I know there is back room moderating but my other thinking is for some reason here...almost all members are polite, and not ego maniacs with sour agendas
fredvon4
fredvon4
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  RknRusty Tue Jul 28, 2015 2:20 pm

Most moderating is unseen, but there is very little need for it at CEF. This is the easiest site I have ever moderated, and also the smallest. But some other sites have seriously tested my decision making abilities. Sometimes members will exploit loopholes in the rules just for sport, and exhibit hatred toward moderators. I've resigned from all of them except this one. I have no expectation to leave CEF. This is where I come to relax. As big forums go, I like Stunthanger too. I've thought of applying there, but it looks too much like work.
Rusty

RknRusty
RknRusty
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  GallopingGhostler Tue Jul 28, 2015 8:21 pm

Yes, I understand what you are saying, Rusty. About 9 years ago, several of us started reporting abuses on comp.os.linux.advocacy to ISP's, where we would see these posters having their Usenet privileges promptly terminated for abuses. We had peace for about 5 months. Then the trolls found Usenet ISP's who did not care about whether the official charter was followed or not. That combined with using anonymising servers through the TOR Onion Router network, which would attempt to mask their identities and their countries of origin, they carried on their nasty ad hominem attacks.

Those who posted favorably about Linux were accused of all sorts of unmentionables, were stalked, were threatened, were libeled. That newsgroup is now a wasteland.

That was the worst, but I don't post much on a few model airplane forums for similar reasons, although those attacks were mild in comparison.

I find this forum, Stunt Hangar and RC Universe reasonable places to hang out, because their moderation is excellent.
GallopingGhostler
GallopingGhostler
Top Poster
Top Poster

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  RknRusty Tue Jul 28, 2015 8:45 pm

I know we've 'jacked this "Fred" thread, but since we're all on the same page, and "CEF" was added to the title, I'll keep going...

The thing that's unique thing about Stunthanger is that Sparky insists we use our real names, or at least let it be known to him. Sure, one could still lie, but in this community it would be found out pretty soon. Sometimes you just have to forgive some of the old men for being grumpy. I've read that it's a common affliction of ou... their brain chemistry. He started that site to get away from some of the meanness towards newcomers that had been growing on Stuka Stunt. But it's pretty friendly now too, thanks to Leonard.
Rusty

RknRusty
RknRusty
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  rogermharris Wed Jul 29, 2015 8:15 am

I can say that i was invited here by Roddie and thankful for it.
i have felt at home and that anyone responding was thoughtful and tried to help. in years past i had belonged to a many forums and even had a couple of my own because i didn't like what was going on but, that's generally what starts a new forum in my opinion. it does not take long for things to get out of control if not moderated properly. i got burned out on all the forums and drama and gave it up. this forum provides me with everything i need so i don't feel the need to read any other forums.

I'm happy to bee here and want to learn all that i can I Love This Forum!

rogermharris
rogermharris
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

Post  GallopingGhostler Wed Jul 29, 2015 9:34 am

RknRusty wrote:I know we've 'jacked this "Fred" thread, but since we're all on the same page, and "CEF" was added to the title, I'll keep going...
Hijacked If Fred agrees, it's not a hijack. Feedback Please

RknRusty wrote:The thing that's unique thing about Stunthanger is that Sparky insists we use our real names, or at least let it be known to him. Sure, one could still lie, but in this community it would be found out pretty soon. Sometimes you just have to forgive some of the old men for being grumpy. I've read that it's a common affliction of ou... their brain chemistry. He started that site to get away from some of the meanness towards newcomers that had been growing on Stuka Stunt. But it's pretty friendly now too, thanks to Leonard. Rusty
Rusty, that is what I like about Stunt Hangar. There was some trolling not long ago on an engine sales thread, but moderator took care of the posts. One who was trolling decided to change his posting nym. Shocked  (You must register with your real name, but you can change your posting name.)

rogermharris wrote:I can say that i was invited here by Roddie and thankful for it.  
i have felt at home and that anyone responding was thoughtful and tried to help.  in years past i had belonged to a many forums and even had a couple of my own because i didn't like what was going on but, that's generally what starts a new forum in my opinion.  it does not take long for things to get out of control if not moderated properly.  i got burned out on all the forums and drama and gave it up.  this forum provides me with everything i need so i don't feel the need to read any other forums.
True, there are some truly difficult people out there, some psychopathic.  tongue

I'm happy to bee here and want to learn all that i can I Love This Forum!
I Agree With Above
GallopingGhostler
GallopingGhostler
Top Poster
Top Poster

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next