Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

Link to CEF on Airplanes & Rockets Cox_ba12

Link to CEF on Airplanes & Rockets Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Draco Goes Flying, But Misses the Eclipse
by HalfaDave Today at 9:59 pm

» A prototype Cox Reed-valve marine engine
by davidll1984 Today at 9:15 pm

» music vids.. some of your favorites
by crankbndr Today at 7:26 pm

» Enya .09 II Questions
by Surfer_kris Today at 2:45 pm

» Wen Mac .049 - Conditioning.
by MauricioB Today at 12:21 pm

» Happy 53rd birthday Mauricio!!!
by MauricioB Today at 11:47 am

» Jim Walker Firebaby
by rdw777 Today at 11:22 am

» Testers Sprite engine swap
by Greenman38633 Today at 10:57 am

» UV Restore of Yellowed Decals
by Levent Suberk Today at 8:59 am

» 22mm 2-blade nylon marine prop and solid-shaft drive
by roddie Today at 6:46 am

» Post edit??
by roddie Today at 5:33 am

» Original Super Power fuel formula?
by HalfaDave Yesterday at 7:28 pm

Cox Engine of The Month
April-2024
OVERLORD's

"Kress ducted fan with new Cox Conquest 15 RC"

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

Link to CEF on Airplanes & Rockets Empty
Live on Patrol

Link to CEF on Airplanes & Rockets

Go down

Link to CEF on Airplanes & Rockets Empty Link to CEF on Airplanes & Rockets

Post  OVERLORD Sat Oct 24, 2015 4:54 pm

A few weeks ago, I asked Kirt if he could provide a link to CEF on his website. I just discovered a short article on his website's homepage with a link to our forum. Thanks Kirt!!

http://www.airplanesandrockets.com/

Lieven
OVERLORD
OVERLORD
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Link to CEF on Airplanes & Rockets Empty Re: Link to CEF on Airplanes & Rockets

Post  Admin Sat Oct 24, 2015 7:33 pm

Oh now that's nice! Thumbs Up Is Kirt a member on here? Great site, I haven't been to it before. I'm looking at his 1941 Crosley Console Restoration. I have a 1939 RCA K-60 Console that is waiting to be recapped and have tuning friction roller replaced. It still works, very sensitive tuner, sounds great but I have to get those paper caps replaced as they can blow and short out possibly taking the transformer or speaker field coil with it (good luck finding replacements for those).

Admin
Admin
Administrator

http://sites.google.com/site/coxenginecollection/

Back to top Go down

Post  Kim Sun Oct 25, 2015 6:27 pm

Need to shoot him a note and get him on here...if he has the time! Used to trade E-mails a lot a few years ago, and still have my 'RF Engineers' mug.
To this day, I still ain't got a clue what all the charts and graphs on it mean, but I sure feel smart when I'm drinking coffee from it !

Link to CEF on Airplanes & Rockets Rf10
Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  roddie Tue Mar 19, 2024 11:25 am

thread BUMP. Lots of cool stuff.. and also a source for model plans/drawings.
roddie
roddie
Top Poster
Top Poster

http://www.stilburnin.com

Back to top Go down

Post  rdw777 Wed Mar 20, 2024 2:46 pm

That is a neat site Roddie…. I’ve visited before but just the surface…. A wide variety to keep things interesting and also a little techy stuff to chew on if you like that kind of thing….. Thanks for bringing it back up Very Happy
rdw777
rdw777
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  roddie Thu Mar 21, 2024 4:27 am

rdw777 wrote:That is a neat site Roddie…. I’ve visited before but just the surface…. A wide variety to keep things interesting and also a little techy stuff to chew on if you like that kind of thing….. Thanks for bringing it back up Very Happy

Our member overlord (Lieven) introduced me to that site.. back 8+ years ago when I was searching for info on the "Topper".. a C/L model that my uncle gave me.. and which was (and still is..) unfinished. The Topper is listed in the plans directory on that site.

Here's a photo of my Topper. Never kitted; it was originally designed by John D'Ottavio and Eddie Elasic in the early 1960's.. and used a Fox .25 engine.

Link to CEF on Airplanes & Rockets Topper10

Link to CEF on Airplanes & Rockets Topper12

Link to CEF on Airplanes & Rockets Topper11

The plan and an article was featured in the March 1962 issue of American Modeler magazine.

Topper article

Link to CEF on Airplanes & Rockets Topper13
roddie
roddie
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  OVERLORD Thu Mar 21, 2024 5:56 am

Oh yes, I remember that. It's never too late to restore that model. Is the link to CEF still on kirt's website?
OVERLORD
OVERLORD
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  roddie Thu Mar 21, 2024 11:18 am

OVERLORD wrote:Oh yes, I remember that. It's never too late to restore that model. Is the link to CEF still on kirt's website?

Time certainly fly's doesn't it Lieven? I had originally needed to know the shape/profile of the fin/rudder for my Topper. As per the plan; the parts are of 3/16" (4.75mm) balsa. Maybe this thread-bump will give me the ambition to at least make and attach them to the model.

I perused the Airplanes and Rockets site.. and did not see a CEF link. I thought it might be in the COX section.. but I didn't see the link there.. and I also checked the ENGINES & MOTORS section. It would surprise me if it got removed. There "is" a HOMEPAGE ARCHIVE where it could have originally been.. but not carried-over when a new homepage was created?
roddie
roddie
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Ken Cook Fri Mar 22, 2024 4:36 pm

I was looking at the plans and I see John D'Ottavio as the designer. I knew John and he was a wonderful person. John was 93 and a few of us went to lunch with him. John told my son that before he passes he was going to fly the pattern one more time. Unfortunately, John never did that. He certainly was one of the greats and many of us miss him. Ken
Ken Cook
Ken Cook
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  GallopingGhostler Fri Mar 22, 2024 5:24 pm

Ken Cook wrote:I was looking at the plans and I see John D'Ottavio as the designer. I knew John and he was a wonderful person. John was 93 and a few of us went to lunch with him. John told my son that before he passes he was going to fly the pattern one more time. Unfortunately, John never did that.  He certainly was one of the greats and many of us miss him. Ken
Ken, you had some neat relationships with some of the great designers, I envy you.

I've downloaded a number of plans over time from this website that aren't available anywhere else. One is the Grumman F4F full fuselage C/L plane, thought it would be neat to downsize to half-A or A.
GallopingGhostler
GallopingGhostler
Top Poster
Top Poster

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Ken Cook Fri Mar 22, 2024 6:59 pm

I now see the resemblance between this profile and John's JD Falcon. The JD Falcon was a full bodied plane. I could be totally incorrect on this but I think these are based on a Nobler wing. Roddie, if you ever finish that plane don't use that tank. Those profile tanks are horrid. While the concept is correct, they never feed well up top and usually burp or shut off leaving one with the lines raining down on top of them followed by the plane.

George, I see Bob Hunt usually once or twice a year. He says something when there's a crash which is true but it makes me laugh. He says that if you can pick up the pieces and are able to put it back together, you built it too heavy.
Ken Cook
Ken Cook
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  GallopingGhostler Fri Mar 22, 2024 7:43 pm

Ken Cook wrote:George, I see Bob Hunt usually once or twice a year. He says something when there's a crash which is true but it makes me laugh. He says that if you can pick up the pieces and are able to put it back together, you built it too heavy.
I think he is not too far off. Key to good stunt flight is building light. A kind, generous individual gave me his personal plans for a super lightweight Ringmaster S-1 that he won contests with. It reminds me along the lines of reverting a C/L structure to that of a rubber powered plane, you might say, "Guillow-izing" it.

I know he is not too far off, because some of the earlier successful C/L designs were indeed lightweight.

But, few fly well enough to retain any airframe a reasonable length of time, hence sturdiness wins over flyability, no doubt.

Most of us including "I" fit the latter category, IMO. Reminds me of an old pilot's saying, "A flight you can walk away from is a good flight." lol!
GallopingGhostler
GallopingGhostler
Top Poster
Top Poster

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum