Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

Post 2002 Killer Bee - Anyone have one? Cox_ba12

Post 2002 Killer Bee - Anyone have one? Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Introducing the new - "QZ" RR-1
by Boats13 Today at 10:19 am

» STUKA bomb dimentions needed
by latole Today at 9:36 am

» Indexing COX cylinders
by davidll1984 Today at 7:56 am

» Another of C.T. engines cleaned ---- Cox Tee Dee .09 --- Just today (3/26/2024) more Cox parts
by Yabby Today at 7:47 am

» Introducing our Cox .049 TD Engines
by Yabby Today at 6:33 am

» 1/2a Skyray plans?
by 944_Jim Yesterday at 10:14 pm

» Postage stamp backplates
by JPvelo Yesterday at 8:52 pm

» my attempt at making an exhaust throttle for Cox .049
by roddie Yesterday at 8:20 pm

» Cosmic Winds, - Big Guy, Little Guys, Silver Guy and Wounded Guy.
by rsv1cox Yesterday at 5:18 pm

» My friend Ramón, his Cox .09 & Cox .010
by MauricioB Yesterday at 12:31 pm

» Parts Cox TD-4
by rsv1cox Yesterday at 8:40 am

» On ebay a very special Cox engine
by davidll1984 Yesterday at 6:32 am

Cox Engine of The Month
March-2024
balogh's

"COX Budapest" .049 engine

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

Post 2002 Killer Bee - Anyone have one? Empty
Live on Patrol

Post 2002 Killer Bee - Anyone have one?

Go down

Post 2002 Killer Bee - Anyone have one? Empty Post 2002 Killer Bee - Anyone have one?

Post  Admin Fri Nov 27, 2015 5:01 am

Anyone here actually have a factory Estes-Cox Killer Bee that features a Non-SPI slit cylinder? I was looking over my cylinder list earlier and questioned the Post '02 Killer Bee cylinder.

Going back to what I've seen over the years, even on the old Cox website, I don't recall seeing a credible example of a factory assembled Killer Bee featuring the non-SPI cylinder. Knowing the QC that Estes had, I suppose it is possible but nowhere does it appear to be any kind of design change.

Post 2002 Killer Bee - Anyone have one? C0034010

This is the stock image of the Killer Bee saved from the Cox website in 2006.

Admin
Admin
Administrator

http://sites.google.com/site/coxenginecollection/

Back to top Go down

Post 2002 Killer Bee - Anyone have one? Empty Re: Post 2002 Killer Bee - Anyone have one?

Post  1/2A Nut Fri Nov 27, 2015 6:43 am

It is possible you do not have a light weight piston, cutting corners further the thread setup on the crank case
wasn't given the attention required to seat the cylinder correctly. The lower larger slit was to allow SPI with the
original version. If the made date on the box is dated past 1996 you have a Killer Bee wanna bee started up again
in late 2001 if I recall correctly. There is a possible upside, word is some folks feel SPI is not as functional as once thought the direction of the exhaust slits in relation to how they face can get turburlated air swirling in causing
disruption in fuel / air mix / burn performance. If facing correctly SPI does indeed provide some extra boost.

I own a original KB .051. Date on box May 1996
I ended up taking a RC .049 TD crank which had a light weight flywheel drilled out pin and put the piston and cylinder
on the TD body and called it a Killer TD awesome performance with a Nelson head.
Here is a vid testing the engine out.

The proper KB had SPI, performance crank, larger slit on the bottom, light weight cylinder with the inside coated with copper looking color perhaps beryllium mix and of course the back plate had its venturi maxed out without the screen.
Lastly the inside of the cylinder was polished and the piston appeared to have a tapper fit at the top and notable
prop thrust plate.

Turkey  Thanksgiving Dinner Turkey

Last edited by 1/2A Nut on Sun Nov 29, 2015 11:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
1/2A Nut
1/2A Nut
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post 2002 Killer Bee - Anyone have one? Empty Re: Post 2002 Killer Bee - Anyone have one?

Post  Admin Fri Nov 27, 2015 6:42 pm

I'm just wondering if anyone has actually seen later Killer Bees with non-SPI slit cylinders (same as used on the Sure Start)?

Otherwise, since I can't find any credible info on 2002 Killer Bee cylinders, I'm going to remove it from the cylinder list. It appears they never did make a production change.

Admin
Admin
Administrator

http://sites.google.com/site/coxenginecollection/

Back to top Go down

Post  1/2A Nut Sun Nov 29, 2015 11:45 pm

Yes sadly at some point I imagine things where put together to run out the stock parts. I don't blame them for trying to recoup the investment. It just a matter of keeping the Cox brand up and running back then. I have never read any input of it being done for for direct performance reasons. Small Cox Logo
1/2A Nut
1/2A Nut
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down