Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

Redneck workshop organizational methods - Page 2 Cox_ba12

Redneck workshop organizational methods - Page 2 Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Introducing the new - "QZ" RR-1
by Boats13 Today at 10:19 am

» STUKA bomb dimentions needed
by latole Today at 9:36 am

» Indexing COX cylinders
by davidll1984 Today at 7:56 am

» Another of C.T. engines cleaned ---- Cox Tee Dee .09 --- Just today (3/26/2024) more Cox parts
by Yabby Today at 7:47 am

» Introducing our Cox .049 TD Engines
by Yabby Today at 6:33 am

» 1/2a Skyray plans?
by 944_Jim Yesterday at 10:14 pm

» Postage stamp backplates
by JPvelo Yesterday at 8:52 pm

» my attempt at making an exhaust throttle for Cox .049
by roddie Yesterday at 8:20 pm

» Cosmic Winds, - Big Guy, Little Guys, Silver Guy and Wounded Guy.
by rsv1cox Yesterday at 5:18 pm

» My friend Ramón, his Cox .09 & Cox .010
by MauricioB Yesterday at 12:31 pm

» Parts Cox TD-4
by rsv1cox Yesterday at 8:40 am

» On ebay a very special Cox engine
by davidll1984 Yesterday at 6:32 am

Cox Engine of The Month
March-2024
balogh's

"COX Budapest" .049 engine

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

Redneck workshop organizational methods - Page 2 Empty
Live on Patrol

Redneck workshop organizational methods

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Redneck workshop organizational methods - Page 2 Empty Re: Redneck workshop organizational methods

Post  RknRusty Sat Sep 03, 2016 6:23 pm

Ken, I'm glad you're getting to the beach, even if it's to witness a storm. That's something everyone should see once. I hope it doesn't destroy the Dunes. They, along with their highly integral sea-oats are what help keep the beach intact. Holley and I, playing with fireworks, almost set fire to the sea-oats at Pawleys Island one night, with a Northerly wind blowing straight down the beach. We were at the North end, so if we had not been able to scramble fast enough to kick sand on the and smother the flames, well... nobody in their right mind would want to be the one that torched a whole Island's oats. The wind would donate the dunes to the next beach to the south, in short order. Affraid or WOW!

All who are interested in my particular situation, understand that I have a head start because I am meticulous about everything being in its place... which does not translate to keeping the inside of my house neat Lol. But nothing in the shop goes missing for long, Sometimes I forget, because places where things belong do overlap, not uncommonly, causing Duh moments. Except my 4-40 Red T-Hex wrench is AWOL for two weeks. I'm not dumping the trash cans, I need a better quality new one anyway. I do enjoy seeing what other people's shops look like.

Boy, Ken, you have a great bright area. Mine sucks up light like a black hole. Wayne calls it The Cave. I really need to paint my ceiling white. And I've learned never to buy fluorescent lighting at Lowes, since half of the 48" twin-tube units don't work, straight out of the box. And I have a couple that I have to walk over to when I flip the switch, and give them a whap between the tubes to turn them on. It only takes one try in dry weather, but gets downright irritating other times.I think my building was built in 1948, along with the house, but it's pretty solid. Not too sure about the electrical though. I had squirrels in the attic for a while.

Also, I am going to piddle with this, it is not a mission. It's just something I want to do,  Remember, this is the same guy that spends 6 months thinking his models will be ready in 3 weeks. Maybe if I didn't fly so much.

Oh well, 7:30, gotta go get pre-flit and ready to fly tomorrow. I'm going to try an fp.40 too. I have one that's been worked over for stunt... sometimes meaning, "Having had the life sucked out of it." But, the .35 is being hard to crank, so it's worth a try. I have the 4 oz. tank on it and it gave the .35 13 extra laps on Thursday. I ordered some new plugs, it has a T'bolt in it now and I'm going to try my other Enya #3, which is the type I began with. So it gets one more cranking try tonight... boy, looks like a busy night. Gotta solder a new spade plug on my electric starter. I haven't needed it in a long time. Since I started flying an LA.46.
See y'all later,
Rusty

My Hot Rock & Blues Playlist
RknRusty
RknRusty
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Redneck workshop organizational methods - Page 2 Empty Re: Redneck workshop organizational methods

Post  getback Sun Sep 04, 2016 7:50 am

I had squirrels in the attic for a while. wrote:
lol! lol! lol! You still do , knaw just kidding . We had WOLF RATS at one time in the house I was on a women hunt and let the grass grow up in the field , that's a NO NO them some bitches are mean and nasty !! Devil Ken I do hope your beach is OK through this storm (( enjoying the cooler weather here but now the wind has picked up , but its time to learn to deal with it .
getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  RknRusty Sun Sep 04, 2016 10:58 am

Wind's up, Go Fly!

A couple of years ago, Wayne had me flying patterns all day with my old Dirtybird Skyray in 18+. I've never been scared of it again. In fact, if I know there's a good chance of it, I go ahead and hope for it at contests. I did at triple Tree this year, and got it. Along with a 1st place trophy.
Rusty

Surf's Up!

My Hot Rock & Blues Playlist
RknRusty
RknRusty
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Redneck workshop organizational methods - Page 2 Empty Happy Holidays Rusty

Post  roddie Tue Dec 08, 2020 8:09 pm

Tonight I looked around me.. here.. in my shop.. and decided to do a 360 degree photo-op. A tribute to red-neck shop-organization.

This is how it is... currently

Redneck workshop organizational methods - Page 2 20201218
Redneck workshop organizational methods - Page 2 20201219
Redneck workshop organizational methods - Page 2 20201220
Redneck workshop organizational methods - Page 2 20201221
Redneck workshop organizational methods - Page 2 20201222
Redneck workshop organizational methods - Page 2 20201223
Redneck workshop organizational methods - Page 2 20201224
Redneck workshop organizational methods - Page 2 20201225
Redneck workshop organizational methods - Page 2 20201226

a room without a window.. but not without a view..

roddie
roddie
Top Poster
Top Poster

http://www.stilburnin.com

Back to top Go down

Redneck workshop organizational methods - Page 2 Empty "Trio of Stuntman 23's

Post  706jim Tue Dec 08, 2020 8:16 pm

Mentioned early in this thread. My first airplane at age 11. Never flew successfully. What are these things like to fly? I wouldn't mind building a second one 60 years later maybe powered with a Black Widow. My original unsuccessful plane had a Fox 0.09 for power.
706jim
706jim
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  getback Wed Dec 09, 2020 6:02 am

Jim the Stuntman 23 is a good flier , the Blk. widow is a good choice for some loops , inverted wingovers .. If you build one reinforce the fuse behind the wing / there bad about breaking there , maybe some carbon fiber . I have two one broke the other with a Medallion .049 on the front it jumps off the ground in a short run . Rusty had onw that he shortened the fuse after it broke and flew fine ! Shocked
getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  706jim Wed Dec 09, 2020 9:48 am

Thanks for that information. From what I remember the kit was originally priced at $1.95. How times have changed!
706jim
706jim
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox Wed Dec 09, 2020 10:23 am

How nice it is to reread one of Rusty's old threads. And...............

roddie, how do you find anything in that mess...... Smile
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Cribbs74 Wed Dec 09, 2020 11:11 am

He’s good on wiper blades Bob!

I just wish he would fly and finish some of those cool planes.

Jim, if price is an issue you could always buy balsa and build from scratch. The Stuntman is a super simple design.

Ron
Cribbs74
Cribbs74

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox Wed Dec 09, 2020 12:01 pm

Cribbs74 wrote:He’s good on wiper blades Bob!

I just wish he would fly and finish some of those cool planes.

Jim, if price is an issue you could always buy balsa and build from scratch. The Stuntman is a super simple design.

Ron

Keeps a clean house too Rod, everything from Baking Soda to Simple Green. Smile

Moen products too.

Just a heads-up. They offer a lifetime guarantee. Just last week they sent me a replacement kitchen faucet/wand that had given up the ghost. Free and postage paid.

Redneck workshop organizational methods - Page 2 P1010613
Redneck workshop organizational methods - Page 2 P1010612

Like being born again after struggling with that thing for months to get water out.

Perils of posting pictures roddie. Smile

rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  roddie Wed Dec 09, 2020 6:37 pm

It's all good. Smile I found this (Rusty's) thread while searching "Workshop" using the Google option..started reading and missing Rusty.

My workshop is a real mess.. isn't it. I thought it was important for you guys to see what I'm dealing with here. Laughing Heck.. you guys are probably thinking; gee.. my shop is nowhere near as bad as Roddie's...... Just my way of spreading a little joy. Rudolph

roddie
roddie
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Redneck workshop organizational methods - Page 2 Empty Commiseration

Post  dckrsn Wed Dec 09, 2020 6:59 pm

Redneck workshop organizational methods - Page 2 Shop10
I have all my engines and things related, in another room. I feel no guilt or shame.
Maybe it's a northeast thing. Huh...
My name is Bob and...........
dckrsn
dckrsn
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Oldenginerod Wed Dec 09, 2020 7:28 pm

Don't you worry Roddie.  You will never see photos of my workshop on here, for good reason. lol!
Nice collection of Hotwheels you have there.
I agree with Ron.  You've put in a huge effort to design and build so many 1/2A aircraft, we want to see something fly.  

Round & round is just fine, nothing fancy required.  Falling over dizzy at the end is just a bonus for all of us. lol!
Oldenginerod
Oldenginerod
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  OhBee Thu Dec 10, 2020 1:39 am

How do you guys work in those Rats nests?  I'm a tidy freak...same way I operated as a mechanic for 42 yrs. Much easier to get work done when you can find everything!  .....this had to be cleaned up and reorganized as things were getting out of hand the last few weeks!Redneck workshop organizational methods - Page 2 20201018
OhBee
OhBee
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

Post  OhBee Thu Dec 10, 2020 1:47 am

It's creeping in on me again!Redneck workshop organizational methods - Page 2 20201211
OhBee
OhBee
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Marleysky Thu Dec 10, 2020 12:04 pm

The Hallway:

Redneck workshop organizational methods - Page 2 848a2310

The Sewing stuff in MY room:
Redneck workshop organizational methods - Page 2 37e62310

Well, they all look fine to me!  I (we) are in the end stretch of a minor remodel started by a crack in the bedroom ceiling. It’s been there over 20 years, but had to be fixed....now. Had to relocate all the bedroom furniture to the other bedroom and hallway, filling it to the brim. The bed is set up in the living room. The Drywall / Plaster guy came in and started to remove the ceiling and most of it just fell down!! He said that there weren’t enough screws holding it up and was surprised it held this long! New drywall and ceiling insulation installed. Now, prime and paint the ceiling, by the way, the  walls could use a new coat of paint too. SWMBO starts bring home carpet samples. WHOA, there filly! Cut the expenses, got the old carpet cleaned and streched, looks like new to me, it’s the same color as the walls when we’re sleeping. She found a Great Deal on carpet cleaning two rooms for one low price. The other bedroom is FULL, the hallway is packed. What other room do we need to clean carpet??  Oh, her sewing room...so her tables and sewing/crafts storage shelves and furniture all get moved over into ( only temporarily?)  my workshop/airport area.  Talk about packing things in tight, she is a Jenga champ in reverse.  So, maybe by this weekend, if the carpet is dry we can start moving things back.  We did take a very large load to the Salvation Army of clothes, shoes and items we no longer need , but still have more than enough to be on episode of  Hoarders, or even American Pickers!  lol!

Her soon to be cleaned room:
Redneck workshop organizational methods - Page 2 4e325e10
Marleysky
Marleysky
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  OhBee Thu Dec 10, 2020 1:47 pm

Wish I had THAT much room! The majority of my household stuff is still in storage! Moved in May...and ran out of ambition and energy. Been sick with something the last 3 weeks...so not getting much accomplished.
OhBee
OhBee
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

Post  dckrsn Thu Dec 10, 2020 3:50 pm

OhBee, I hope you're on the mend.
Bob
dckrsn
dckrsn
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  roddie Sat Dec 12, 2020 10:39 am

dckrsn wrote:Redneck workshop organizational methods - Page 2 Shop10
I have all my engines and things related, in another room. I feel no guilt or shame.
Maybe it's a northeast thing. Huh...
My name is Bob and...........

Hi Bob! Awesome use of shelving! I haven't taken a "closer look"; as rsv1cox (Robert) did of my pics.. (hope he didn't see my.. never mind..)

BTW, I sent you a PM a while ago and didn't get a reply back. I'm thinking that you never received it?

roddie
roddie
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  roddie Sat Dec 12, 2020 12:00 pm

OhBee wrote:It's creeping in on me again!Redneck workshop organizational methods - Page 2 20201211

If you say so.. Laughing At least you used the lg. pc. of real-estate that was in the center of your pegboard. Our house is your garden-variety raised-ranch.. with scarcely enough room for more than 2 adults with two young children. No young children living here.. but Lynne's son (my stepson) has been living with us here since this past late-Summer. A victim of divorce-displacement. I was there 25 years ago.. and was close to the same age as he is.

Lynne rented a portable (8' X 8' X 8') storage-unit to make some extra room in the two downstairs bedrooms.

Redneck workshop organizational methods - Page 2 Mi-box10

The shed "loft" has some vacant space.. but items need to be carried up a ladder to gain access. Shed loft space is at a premium. I'm rather selective at what goes up there.

We're still in-process with moving Lynne's son into one of the spare-rooms downstairs. He'd been on our "couch/divan/davenport/sofa" long enough. It's a lesson for all of us; in being displaced.

roddie
roddie
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  OhBee Sat Dec 12, 2020 1:10 pm

Turns out this work area in my basment was built by the late older gentelman that used to  own the house. He Also built RC and controline airplanes down here!  The guy I got the house from said he threw out all kinds of boxes of stuff cleaning out the place! I caught him with the last box...it was full of fuel tanks,prop spinners landing gear,Veco bellcranks( still in the packages),full jars of dope , (all long gone bad),....and misc balsa sheets. I can't imagine what got pitched that I missed!...What a bummer!
OhBee
OhBee
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2