Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register! Guests are limited to posting in the "General Questions (Guest Posting Allowed)" section only. Becoming a member is fast, easy and FREE!

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Power-Master fuel coming home tomorrow.
by Cribbs74 Yesterday at 10:03 pm

» N.E.S.T news
by roddie Yesterday at 9:26 pm

» Sam's Early Days
by londke3 Yesterday at 8:48 pm

» Couldn't help myself.
by roddie Yesterday at 8:41 pm

» Tee Dee .09 Roddie getting ready to bench-run
by roddie Yesterday at 7:25 pm

» So, The Moon Shadow Approaches...and at last, Departs!
by rsv1cox Yesterday at 5:06 pm

» The Official "International Cox PT-19 Fly It If You Got It Day!" Thread
by Kim Yesterday at 4:13 pm

» WTS: Guillows Models(B-17G, P-38, PT-17)
by akjgardner Yesterday at 2:24 pm

» Water Cooled Cox .049
by getback Yesterday at 8:13 am

» The Great American Eclipse
by RknRusty Tue Aug 22, 2017 11:41 pm

Cox Engine of The Month
August-2017
balogh's

Throttle-Dees

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Tach Race 2017 Updates
Ready for Tach Race 2017?
Profile Scale Reed Speed
Gallery

Win This Engine!
The Traveling Prop
World of Aviation

Redneck workshop organizational methods

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Redneck workshop organizational methods

Post  RknRusty on Sat Sep 03, 2016 6:23 pm

Ken, I'm glad you're getting to the beach, even if it's to witness a storm. That's something everyone should see once. I hope it doesn't destroy the Dunes. They, along with their highly integral sea-oats are what help keep the beach intact. Holley and I, playing with fireworks, almost set fire to the sea-oats at Pawleys Island one night, with a Northerly wind blowing straight down the beach. We were at the North end, so if we had not been able to scramble fast enough to kick sand on the and smother the flames, well... nobody in their right mind would want to be the one that torched a whole Island's oats. The wind would donate the dunes to the next beach to the south, in short order. affraid

All who are interested in my particular situation, understand that I have a head start because I am meticulous about everything being in its place... which does not translate to keeping the inside of my house neat Lol. But nothing in the shop goes missing for long, Sometimes I forget, because places where things belong do overlap, not uncommonly, causing Duh moments. Except my 4-40 Red T-Hex wrench is AWOL for two weeks. I'm not dumping the trash cans, I need a better quality new one anyway. I do enjoy seeing what other people's shops look like.

Boy, Ken, you have a great bright area. Mine sucks up light like a black hole. Wayne calls it The Cave. I really need to paint my ceiling white. And I've learned never to buy fluorescent lighting at Lowes, since half of the 48" twin-tube units don't work, straight out of the box. And I have a couple that I have to walk over to when I flip the switch, and give them a whap between the tubes to turn them on. It only takes one try in dry weather, but gets downright irritating other times.I think my building was built in 1948, along with the house, but it's pretty solid. Not too sure about the electrical though. I had squirrels in the attic for a while.

Also, I am going to piddle with this, it is not a mission. It's just something I want to do,  Remember, this is the same guy that spends 6 months thinking his models will be ready in 3 weeks. Maybe if I didn't fly so much.

Oh well, 7:30, gotta go get pre-flit and ready to fly tomorrow. I'm going to try an fp.40 too. I have one that's been worked over for stunt... sometimes meaning, "Having had the life sucked out of it." But, the .35 is being hard to crank, so it's worth a try. I have the 4 oz. tank on it and it gave the .35 13 extra laps on Thursday. I ordered some new plugs, it has a T'bolt in it now and I'm going to try my other Enya #3, which is the type I began with. So it gets one more cranking try tonight... boy, looks like a busy night. Gotta solder a new spade plug on my electric starter. I haven't needed it in a long time. Since I started flying an LA.46.
See y'all later,
Rusty

My Hot Rock & Blues Playlist
RknRusty

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  getback on Sun Sep 04, 2016 7:50 am

I had squirrels in the attic for a while. wrote:
lol! lol! lol! You still do , knaw just kidding . We had WOLF RATS at one time in the house I was on a women hunt and let the grass grow up in the field , that's a NO NO them some bitches are mean and nasty !! Devil Ken I do hope your beach is OK through this storm (( enjoying the cooler weather here but now the wind has picked up , but its time to learn to deal with it .
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  RknRusty on Sun Sep 04, 2016 10:58 am

Wind's up, Go Fly!

A couple of years ago, Wayne had me flying patterns all day with my old Dirtybird Skyray in 18+. I've never been scared of it again. In fact, if I know there's a good chance of it, I go ahead and hope for it at contests. I did at triple Tree this year, and got it. Along with a 1st place trophy.
Rusty

Surf's Up!

My Hot Rock & Blues Playlist
RknRusty

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top