Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

Free shipping from tower Hobbies thru October 31st Cox_ba12

Free shipping from tower Hobbies thru October 31st Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Indexing COX cylinders
by davidll1984 Today at 7:56 am

» Another of C.T. engines cleaned ---- Cox Tee Dee .09 --- Just today (3/26/2024) more Cox parts
by Yabby Today at 7:47 am

» Introducing our Cox .049 TD Engines
by Yabby Today at 6:33 am

» STUKA bomb dimentions needed
by latole Today at 5:44 am

» 1/2a Skyray plans?
by 944_Jim Yesterday at 10:14 pm

» Postage stamp backplates
by JPvelo Yesterday at 8:52 pm

» my attempt at making an exhaust throttle for Cox .049
by roddie Yesterday at 8:20 pm

» Cosmic Winds, - Big Guy, Little Guys, Silver Guy and Wounded Guy.
by rsv1cox Yesterday at 5:18 pm

» My friend Ramón, his Cox .09 & Cox .010
by MauricioB Yesterday at 12:31 pm

» Parts Cox TD-4
by rsv1cox Yesterday at 8:40 am

» On ebay a very special Cox engine
by davidll1984 Yesterday at 6:32 am

» Introducing the new - "QZ" RR-1
by Admin Yesterday at 12:51 am

Cox Engine of The Month
March-2024
balogh's

"COX Budapest" .049 engine

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

Free shipping from tower Hobbies thru October 31st Empty
Live on Patrol

Free shipping from tower Hobbies thru October 31st

Go down

Free shipping from tower Hobbies thru October 31st Empty Free shipping from tower Hobbies thru October 31st

Post  RknRusty Sun Oct 23, 2016 9:13 pm

Apparently, it's a special deal going on right now with Tower. I just bought a qt. of 35% nitro Cox Super Power fuel and a prop reamer from Tower with no shipping charges. Normally I think they waive it if you buy a certain amount, maybe $25 or so. But tonight it was free for all ground shipments. Fuel qualifies, so everything may not, but it's worth checking. Ground may be one of your choices no matter what you buy.

Just thought if you need something, I'd tell you now is a good time to buy.

Re: the reamer:
If you want to balance a(larger than 1/2A) APC prop without having to shave one side of the hub, you should use the balancer cone in the rear hole, and the flat on the front of the hub. To use the cone in the rear hole, the front hole must be opened up, or it interferes with the cone. To fit the prop onto the crankshaft, you will have to stack short tubing to align the rear hole on the crankshft. Or if you have spacer rings that come with the electric props, they do the same job. In 1/2A, we just use a bit of the blue(Sullivan maybe?) fuel tube to align it. Many APCs are balanced correctly right out of the package when the rear, rather than the front hole is used to fit the prop onto the shaft. Saves a helluva lot of balancing time.
Rusty

My Hot Rock & Blues Playlist
RknRusty
RknRusty
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Free shipping from tower Hobbies thru October 31st Empty Re: Free shipping from tower Hobbies thru October 31st

Post  bamboozler Sun Oct 23, 2016 11:57 pm

Thanks, shipping charges a lot of the time are the deal breaker so when it's free I don't hesitate to order since LHSs are in short supply nowadays in western Washington.
bamboozler
bamboozler
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Back to top Go down

Free shipping from tower Hobbies thru October 31st Empty Re: Free shipping from tower Hobbies thru October 31st

Post  getback Mon Oct 24, 2016 7:08 pm

I will have to check out the fuel , even with the winter coming it will save LOL Thanks !! Babe Bee .049 I been wanting to ck. out this fuel Leaves
getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  RknRusty Mon Oct 24, 2016 8:53 pm

Eric, the 35% is a few more $bucks, but for those of us who take more than a year to consume it, I think that's the best choice. By the time we use up the last drop, the nitro % is probably measurably lower. And it runs like a scalded dog. At least my Beta test sample of 25% did. Ron used the same bottle as me. I think he had it first.

We tested the Fritz Fuels Glowplugboy about the same time too. Based on the old Cox formula plus 5% more nitro(35%), it ran really well too, and is possibly better for loose fitting engines. 18/2 oilI think.
Rusty

RknRusty
RknRusty
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  RknRusty Mon Oct 24, 2016 8:57 pm

bamboozler wrote:Thanks, shipping charges a lot of the time are the deal breaker so when it's free I don't hesitate to order since LHSs are in short supply nowadays in western Washington.
Me too, Bam.
That's why I buy very little from Sig and Brodak. I get what I can from Omnimodels' eBay store at $1.99 shipping. Their main store is higher shipping on most parts than their eBay store. Omni sells no fuel as far as I know.
Rusty

RknRusty
RknRusty
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  bamboozler Tue Oct 25, 2016 5:33 am

Fox used to have a fuel for a while they called Fox 40/40 which contained 40% nitro and 40% alcohol. I used it mostly in my Super Tigre 35s and Fox 36Xs and of course was a good Cox fuel too but don't remember much of it going that way.

Cold glow plugs were used and priming done with 15% nitro for easy starting.
bamboozler
bamboozler
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Back to top Go down

Post  crankbndr Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:33 am

I got all my fuel from Tower for the last five years, I can only get car fuel here and that is hit and miss. Tower would charge 9$ to ship up to 3 qts., I found that reasonable.
The gallons are what go off the charts. I found the new Cox fuel to be very good stuff.
crankbndr
crankbndr
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  getback Tue Oct 25, 2016 10:23 am

Worked out just right for 1 Qt 25% and 1 of 35% for 26.98 out the door then i took that survey and will win the $$ to pay for it lol! I Love This Forum!
getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  getback Thu Oct 27, 2016 6:21 pm

IT's HERE 2 Day Beer Cheers
getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Marleysky Sat Oct 29, 2016 6:52 am

getback wrote:Worked out just right for 1 Qt 25% and 1 of 35% for 26.98 out the door then i took that survey and will win the $$ to pay for it lol! I Love This Forum!

I also took the survey, and WON!  Ooooooh, I got a link to the "bizrate" gift store where I could select $25 worth of magazine subscriptions. Each magazine comes with a $2 processing fee and a automatic renewal to your credit card.  I said No Thanks!
I did get a good deal on "fresh fuel".
This Site Rocks!
Thanks Rusty for the heads-Up on the free shipping!
Marleysky
Marleysky
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down