Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register! Guests are limited to posting in the "General Questions (Guest Posting Allowed)" section only. Becoming a member is fast, easy and FREE!

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Cox Engine of The Month
November-2017
MauricioB's

"Cox Tee Dee .010"

PAST WINNERS
Speed Contest 2018
CEF Traveling Engine

Gallery

Win This Engine!
The Traveling Prop
World of Aviation

Outside Loops

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Outside Loops

Post  RknRusty on Fri Nov 04, 2016 3:58 pm

JPvelo wrote:Here's one from the "why didn't I think of that before" department. Instead of drilling holes in tanks and JB welding tubes you could just mount a stunt tank sideways with the vents on top. The rearward vent tube would be placed in a "close enough" uniflow position. Vent the back tube to my exhaust deflector or simply into the prop blast above the full fuel height. Block the front vent and go fly.
It's been so long since I've fitted one of these up, I hope this isn't dumb, but would you be able to get the pickup in the right position? Maybe if the needle is on the outboard side.

My Hot Rock & Blues Playlist
RknRusty

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  JPvelo on Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:30 pm

RknRusty wrote:
JPvelo wrote:Here's one from the "why didn't I think of that before" department. Instead of drilling holes in tanks and JB welding tubes you could just mount a stunt tank sideways with the vents on top. The rearward vent tube would be placed in a "close enough" uniflow position. Vent the back tube to my exhaust deflector or simply into the prop blast above the full fuel height. Block the front vent and go fly.
It's been so long since I've fitted one of these up, I hope this isn't dumb, but would you be able to get the pickup in the right position? Maybe if the needle is on the outboard side.
The more I think about it, I would build the motor so that the cylinder is at 12o'clock and the needle is at 9o'clock with the tank oriented as it is in the photo. Put the pickup at 2o'clock by the vent tube. Mount at an angle so the vent and the pickup are at 3o'clock.
JPvelo
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  JPvelo on Tue Nov 08, 2016 12:47 pm

So here's version 2.0, the Black Widow. I used small silicon fuel tube internally to plumb around the vents. Ran four tanks through it. Held a steady 17,900-18,000 the entire run. It seems to be adding enough pressure that it could use a fine thread needle, needle is very touchy. I was using a piece of silicon tubing plugged with permatex to block the vent. It blew off twice so I made a new stopper with an internal wire to hold the plug with tension inside the vent.

Hope to fly it by Friday if not later today.

JPvelo
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top