Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

The Great November Swap Meet Heist and Control Line Mayhem at Breezy Hill! Cox_ba12

The Great November Swap Meet Heist and Control Line Mayhem at Breezy Hill! Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Jim Walker Firebaby
by rdw777 Today at 1:10 pm

» How's the weather?
by HalfaDave Today at 12:02 pm

» Cox .35 and .40 in Nürnberg Toy Fair
by Levent Suberk Today at 11:57 am

» Wen Mac .049 - Conditioning.
by MauricioB Today at 11:39 am

» music vids.. some of your favorites
by HalfaDave Today at 11:23 am

» Enya .09 II Questions
by Surfer_kris Today at 10:59 am

» Draco Goes Flying, But Misses the Eclipse
by HalfaDave Yesterday at 9:59 pm

» A prototype Cox Reed-valve marine engine
by davidll1984 Yesterday at 9:15 pm

» Happy 53rd birthday Mauricio!!!
by MauricioB Yesterday at 11:47 am

» Testers Sprite engine swap
by Greenman38633 Yesterday at 10:57 am

» UV Restore of Yellowed Decals
by Levent Suberk Yesterday at 8:59 am

» 22mm 2-blade nylon marine prop and solid-shaft drive
by roddie Yesterday at 6:46 am

Cox Engine of The Month
April-2024
OVERLORD's

"Kress ducted fan with new Cox Conquest 15 RC"

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

The Great November Swap Meet Heist and Control Line Mayhem at Breezy Hill! Empty
Live on Patrol

The Great November Swap Meet Heist and Control Line Mayhem at Breezy Hill!

Go down

The Great November Swap Meet Heist and Control Line Mayhem at Breezy Hill! Empty The Great November Swap Meet Heist and Control Line Mayhem at Breezy Hill!

Post  Kim Mon Nov 07, 2016 10:55 am

Yes all in one day!  Following the Swap Meet in Columbia Illinois, we hoofed it back down Route 3 to make some racket at the Breezy Hill Flyers' Field at Chester.

Several 'firsts' this time around...First time I ever bought a Swap Meet Rescue and flew it a couple hours later, First Time I ran late and wasn't leaning against the door when they unlocked it, and firstist of all:  The First Time I ever blew my entire war chest and had to rely on dashboard change to buy a soda later in the day.

Adopted three engines: an OK Cub .149, Cub .049, and a McCoy .098.
There were others, but the Big Cub took my last 8 bucks...the first time I've left a Swap Meet totally broke!  Not sure whether that's an enviable record or not...

The Great November Swap Meet Heist and Control Line Mayhem at Breezy Hill! 6_010

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My just-about-ready-to-fly Sig 'Zlin' control line stunter.  A new Top Flite prop, a couple tanks of test-run fuel, and it was in the air again!

Photo graciously taken by St. Louis Dan!

The Great November Swap Meet Heist and Control Line Mayhem at Breezy Hill! 2_010

The Great November Swap Meet Heist and Control Line Mayhem at Breezy Hill! 2_0110

The Great November Swap Meet Heist and Control Line Mayhem at Breezy Hill! 2_210

The Great November Swap Meet Heist and Control Line Mayhem at Breezy Hill! 2_110

'The Rest of the Story': Leo had motioned for one of us to hold his Goldberg Shoestring for launch so control line student Brian (the guy in the orange T-shirt) could take the handle for a full flight.

Billy mistook his signal as wanting him to adjust the Shoestring's engine, and couldn't hear Leo yelling that it was OK as it was, AND didn't see Leo's antics for a few seconds or so!

We had a hoot, wringing the most out of our new 'shortened' time-change afternoon and, for a casual get-together, had more control line planes parked on the flight-line than I've seen in a long time.

The Great November Swap Meet Heist and Control Line Mayhem at Breezy Hill! B6_10

The Great November Swap Meet Heist and Control Line Mayhem at Breezy Hill! B11_10

Leo Edler and his Nobler

The Great November Swap Meet Heist and Control Line Mayhem at Breezy Hill! B7_210

The Great November Swap Meet Heist and Control Line Mayhem at Breezy Hill! B7_310

The Great November Swap Meet Heist and Control Line Mayhem at Breezy Hill! B7_110

Billy Lang and his Flitestreak

The Great November Swap Meet Heist and Control Line Mayhem at Breezy Hill! B7_410

The Great November Swap Meet Heist and Control Line Mayhem at Breezy Hill! B7_510

Also scored a nearly finished Veco 'Brave' (looks like a big ole 'Scout').  Some new silkspan and a few repairs to it's storage rash, and it'll be turning again.

The Great November Swap Meet Heist and Control Line Mayhem at Breezy Hill! 7_010

The Great November Swap Meet Heist and Control Line Mayhem at Breezy Hill! 7_210

I think Leo must REALLY be missing his combat days...so-much-so that by the end of the afternoon, Billy was attaching a streamer to my faithful Super Ringmaster as another was tied to Leo's Shoestring, for a friendly match of crepe paper chewing.

Our lines were mismatched by a couple of feet, so it took a bit of cooperation to get a cut as Leo offered up his streamer to my Super's prop.  We're getting better, and next time I'll change out my lines for a closer match.

The Great November Swap Meet Heist and Control Line Mayhem at Breezy Hill! R_110

The Great November Swap Meet Heist and Control Line Mayhem at Breezy Hill! 8_010

The Great November Swap Meet Heist and Control Line Mayhem at Breezy Hill! 8_210

A balled-up piece of Leo's streamer floats to the ground:

The Great November Swap Meet Heist and Control Line Mayhem at Breezy Hill! 8_610

I'm also proud to announce that I am now a member in good standing of the Breezy Hill Flyers...with a gate key and everything!

More to follow !!!
Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

The Great November Swap Meet Heist and Control Line Mayhem at Breezy Hill! Empty Dreary WX here

Post  fredvon4 Mon Nov 07, 2016 2:54 pm

And that Sux cuz this is my Fav time of year to fly...usually low wind...cooler temps and less kids

Look like a fun and fruitful day for brother Kim...I am jealous

I too have left the odd swap meet so broke I had to drive past a fast food place because only enough for a VFW beer in my dash change holder////grin....a man needs to have his priorities!
fredvon4
fredvon4
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

Back to top Go down

The Great November Swap Meet Heist and Control Line Mayhem at Breezy Hill! Empty Re: The Great November Swap Meet Heist and Control Line Mayhem at Breezy Hill!

Post  getback Mon Nov 07, 2016 6:05 pm

Nice looking Catch there and the FLY THAT DAY  man what more could you ask for ?!?!? Leaves Am sure you can get the Brave to clean up good Pumpkin  looking forward to some progress if you have time ///// The field really looks good for some C/L  fling and see they put you right up in the top with a key and all thy time you want to play Smoking  Nothing like GOOD times !! Thanks as always !! Popcorn
getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

The Great November Swap Meet Heist and Control Line Mayhem at Breezy Hill! Empty Re: The Great November Swap Meet Heist and Control Line Mayhem at Breezy Hill!

Post  getback Mon Nov 07, 2016 6:07 pm

O hey only take what yur going to spend is my moto$%$$ lol! lol!
getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Kim Mon Nov 07, 2016 6:38 pm

getback wrote:Nice looking Catch there and the FLY THAT DAY  man what more could you ask for ?!?!? Leaves Am sure you can get the Brave to clean up good Pumpkin  looking forward to some progress if you have time ///// The field really looks good for some C/L  fling and see they put you right up in the top with a key and all thy time you want to play Smoking  Nothing like GOOD times !! Thanks as always !! Popcorn

Thanks Eric!

It was a great weekend all the way from Friday to Sunday evening. I know, because it took me forever to get my old carcass up and out today!

I usually pack some serious bucks ('serious' on my scale), just in case I encounter THE DREAM CACHE, but am used to getting a couple engines. I was NOT gonna walk away from that Zlin, and probably would have been pulling up the van's floor boards for the stray change to buy it !

The guys at Breezy Hill are great, and are really enjoying this sudden burst of control line flying. Steve, the Treasurer, Grounds Keeping / Work Coordinator refers to our spot as 'The Crop Circle', which adds a little more mystery to the image of guys standing in one place and turning round&round !

Speaking of which, I passed on this tricked-out, but bedraggled Ringmaster, but Billy picked it up and ought to have it going by the time I get back up there!

The Great November Swap Meet Heist and Control Line Mayhem at Breezy Hill! 2_5410
Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  fredvon4 Tue Nov 08, 2016 9:20 am

I once was all tapped out at a swap meet within the first two rows of tables

Near the back of the room was a guy with the only Cox engine in the RC swapmeet spaces...a near new TD 15...I fondled it and asked how much...$20 ...I sadly started to lay it down and he asked if I wanted it..I said yes but already broke for the day. He handed it to me and a homemade business card...said "mail me a check when you get the time". I sent him $30 the next day with a thank you note
fredvon4
fredvon4
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Kim Tue Nov 08, 2016 12:45 pm

fredvon4 wrote:I once was all tapped out at a swap meet within the first two rows of tables

Near the back of the room was a guy with the only Cox engine in the RC swapmeet spaces...a near new TD 15...I fondled it and asked how much...$20 ...I sadly started to lay it down and he asked if I wanted it..I said yes but already broke for the day. He handed it to me and a homemade business card...said "mail me a check when you get the time". I sent him $30 the next day with a thank you note

THAT............ is very cool !!!!!!!
Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Marleysky Tue Nov 08, 2016 4:42 pm

There ARE some really nice people out there, most of them are fun
Loving honest people who enjoy our hobby and want to help others enjoy it as well.
Marleysky
Marleysky
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  getback Tue Nov 08, 2016 5:21 pm

There are some of us (them ) left not to toot a horn but know were your coming from when you get a Lucky Loan Make it right and you will enjoy the goodness on and on in life and if your lucky some one will do you one > I Love This Forum!
getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down