Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

Cox Engines Quarterly #8 now available! Cox_ba12

Cox Engines Quarterly #8 now available! Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Another of C.T. engines cleaned ---- Cox Tee Dee .09 --- Just today (3/26/2024) more Cox parts
by Yabby Today at 7:47 am

» Indexing COX cylinders
by balogh Today at 7:23 am

» Introducing our Cox .049 TD Engines
by Yabby Today at 6:33 am

» STUKA bomb dimentions needed
by latole Today at 5:44 am

» 1/2a Skyray plans?
by 944_Jim Yesterday at 10:14 pm

» Postage stamp backplates
by JPvelo Yesterday at 8:52 pm

» my attempt at making an exhaust throttle for Cox .049
by roddie Yesterday at 8:20 pm

» Cosmic Winds, - Big Guy, Little Guys, Silver Guy and Wounded Guy.
by rsv1cox Yesterday at 5:18 pm

» My friend Ramón, his Cox .09 & Cox .010
by MauricioB Yesterday at 12:31 pm

» Parts Cox TD-4
by rsv1cox Yesterday at 8:40 am

» On ebay a very special Cox engine
by davidll1984 Yesterday at 6:32 am

» Introducing the new - "QZ" RR-1
by Admin Yesterday at 12:51 am

Cox Engine of The Month
March-2024
balogh's

"COX Budapest" .049 engine

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

Cox Engines Quarterly #8 now available! Empty
Live on Patrol

Cox Engines Quarterly #8 now available!

Go down

Cox Engines Quarterly #8 now available! Empty Cox Engines Quarterly #8 now available!

Post  Cox International Tue Nov 22, 2016 4:39 pm

Here is a link to the publication:

http://www.coxengines.ca/files/newsletter8.pdf

A link will be emailed today to our over 6,600 subscribers. Thanks so much to all of you that have contributed Hand Shake
Cox International
Cox International
Top Poster
Top Poster

Official Cox Dealer

http://www.coxengines.com

Back to top Go down

Cox Engines Quarterly #8 now available! Empty Re: Cox Engines Quarterly #8 now available!

Post  NEW222 Tue Nov 22, 2016 5:06 pm

Thanks for that. I just finished reading it. Great as per usual!
NEW222
NEW222
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Cox Engines Quarterly #8 now available! Empty Re: Cox Engines Quarterly #8 now available!

Post  Admin Tue Nov 22, 2016 6:40 pm

Great job guys! Thumbs Up

I'm partway through it right now!

Admin
Admin
Administrator

http://sites.google.com/site/coxenginecollection/

Back to top Go down

Post  NEW222 Tue Nov 22, 2016 7:27 pm

And I forgot to add a thanks to all of the contributors as well for taking the time to compose the articles in which I, along with others, enjoy reading.
NEW222
NEW222
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Marleysky Tue Nov 22, 2016 10:19 pm

Hah Hah Hah.....I loved the Jokes!  I'm gonna use that Redneck FBI one on my neighbor! Then we can share the wood this winter.  
Hey the Articles are good too.  I need a diagram from Rusty as to where a 180Deg line is away from the pilot? I think I'd just back up...away...from the flight line?     C O O L.... we got Paul, Rusty, Fred and Roddie!   You guys are GREAT!!  and now Famous Too.

Surfer Kriss too!   Sorry I didn't connect the name to the avatar!  Great info on Diesel, I'll have to try that sometime, in the near future!

Last edited by Marleysky on Wed Nov 23, 2016 5:15 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Krister added)
Marleysky
Marleysky
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Surfer_kris Wed Nov 23, 2016 12:15 pm

Great to see!

I didn't realise that my contribution was that long, I'll try to write something shorter the next time...

I would also like to thank Bernie and the rest for their great services. Without them the "Cox part" of the hobby would surely have been dead by now. The things I've ordered have always arrive very swiftly here without any issues. Together with the low shipping charges that works really well.

/Krister
Surfer_kris
Surfer_kris
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Cox International Wed Nov 23, 2016 12:21 pm

Surfer_kris wrote:Great to see!

I didn't realise that my contribution was that long, I'll try to write something shorter the next time...

I would also like to thank Bernie and the rest for their great services. Without them the "Cox part" of the hobby would surely have been dead by now. The things I've ordered have always arrive very swiftly here without any issues. Together with the low shipping charges that works really well.

/Krister

It wasn't too long...; it was perfect sunny
Cox International
Cox International
Top Poster
Top Poster

Official Cox Dealer

Back to top Go down

Post  GallopingGhostler Wed Nov 23, 2016 1:26 pm

Surfer_kris wrote:Great to see! I didn't realise that my contribution was that long, I'll try to write something shorter the next time... I would also like to thank Bernie and the rest for their great services. Without them the "Cox part" of the hobby would surely have been dead by now. The things I've ordered have always arrive very swiftly here without any issues. Together with the low shipping charges that works really well. /Krister

Kris, I thoroughly enjoyed reading your Cox .074 Queen Bee diesel hop up article, simple yet ingenious way to make this odd engine perform as it should. Since I don't run diesels nor made much use of mine makes me wonder if I should use it as bartering material for a glow engine more to my liking.

I've wondered at times why Cox just didn't upsize the Black Widow as a tankless with simple exhaust throttle muffler, simpler venturi back, radial instead of beam mount with Bee tank bolt pattern, and .09 glow head. It would have been cheaper to manufacture, lighter in weight and reasonably foolproof. I guess with decline in popularity and changes in management unfamiliar with the market led to demise. Hopefully without offending any, it reminds me somehow of the A.C. Gilbert Thunderheads. Being heavier and lower powered, they are more collector items than runners.

Good testimony for Cox International of Canada, glad to hear that the shipping system to across the pond works seamlessly and cost effectively.
GallopingGhostler
GallopingGhostler
Top Poster
Top Poster

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  roddie Wed Nov 23, 2016 4:04 pm

Thanks very much to Bernie for including my article. It has to be quite an undertaking to compile and edit/format all the material that goes into a publication. . and nerve-wracking, when it gets down to the wire.
roddie
roddie
Top Poster
Top Poster

http://www.stilburnin.com

Back to top Go down

Post  RknRusty Wed Nov 23, 2016 6:06 pm

Mine seems kind of long too, but it's just the layout and large print... which I like. They all read pretty quickly. I enjoy writing for the CI newsletter, thanks Bernie for the opportunity. We always pick up a few new members with every nailing. November has been a busy month with new members, even before the letter came out.
Rusty

My Hot Rock & Blues Playlist
RknRusty
RknRusty
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  Cox International Wed Nov 23, 2016 6:11 pm

We always pick up a few new members with every nailing

Yes, that does produce offspring and we can enroll them from the day of their birth lol!
Cox International
Cox International
Top Poster
Top Poster

Official Cox Dealer

Back to top Go down

Post  RknRusty Wed Nov 23, 2016 8:14 pm

Cox International wrote:We always pick up a few new members with every nailing

Yes, that does produce offspring and we can enroll them from the day of their birth lol!
Okay, I'm goofy, been on good therapeutic meds altely. Besides when I joined MCLs, all they knew was my name started with an N, so I was deemed "Rusty Nail." Lol. I had to earn that one away, but I ran with it. On the nose of mt Yak9 I wanted cyrilic sript with a backwards R. and I translated "Russ the Nailer" for a red decal. And the fighter pilot from the Oriental, and now the Nobler has "RN" on his helmet. Wayne sent me a news clipping from the newsppaper with a criminal in jail named Rusty Nale... it went on for a while and still lingers. Rolling Eyes
RN

My Hot Rock & Blues Playlist
RknRusty
RknRusty
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  getback Thu Nov 24, 2016 10:09 am

You Guys have done it again Great write up on all subjects !! Thank You for all your efforts Small Cox Logo Turkey Small Cox Logo
getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down