Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

Anyone looking for some JeteX 50 about gone Cox_ba12

Anyone looking for some JeteX 50 about gone Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Indexing COX cylinders
by balogh Today at 1:10 am

» 1/2a Skyray plans?
by 944_Jim Yesterday at 10:14 pm

» Postage stamp backplates
by JPvelo Yesterday at 8:52 pm

» my attempt at making an exhaust throttle for Cox .049
by roddie Yesterday at 8:20 pm

» Another of C.T. engines cleaned ---- Cox Tee Dee .09 --- Just today (3/26/2024) more Cox parts
by sosam117 Yesterday at 6:58 pm

» Cosmic Winds, - Big Guy, Little Guys, Silver Guy and Wounded Guy.
by rsv1cox Yesterday at 5:18 pm

» My friend Ramón, his Cox .09 & Cox .010
by MauricioB Yesterday at 12:31 pm

» Introducing our Cox .049 TD Engines
by Cox International Yesterday at 12:27 pm

» Parts Cox TD-4
by rsv1cox Yesterday at 8:40 am

» STUKA bomb dimentions needed
by latole Yesterday at 7:43 am

» On ebay a very special Cox engine
by davidll1984 Yesterday at 6:32 am

» Introducing the new - "QZ" RR-1
by Admin Yesterday at 12:51 am

Cox Engine of The Month
March-2024
balogh's

"COX Budapest" .049 engine

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

Anyone looking for some JeteX 50 about gone Empty
Live on Patrol

Anyone looking for some JeteX 50 about gone

Go down

Anyone looking for some JeteX 50 about gone Empty Anyone looking for some JeteX 50 about gone

Post  getback Tue Jan 24, 2017 5:45 pm

Last edited by getback on Tue Jan 24, 2017 5:48 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : can't spell)
getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Anyone looking for some JeteX 50 about gone Empty Re: Anyone looking for some JeteX 50 about gone

Post  Marleysky Wed Jan 25, 2017 8:13 am

Wheeee, at those prices I'd have more fun lighting a couple of $20 bills and watching them burn!    Phfffff ! Fireworks  I have a  bunch of Este rocket motors, that are destined to become JATO attachments for a RC or maybe FF aircraft, even those are getting rediculus  expensive.
Marleysky
Marleysky
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Anyone looking for some JeteX 50 about gone Empty Re: Anyone looking for some JeteX 50 about gone

Post  getback Wed Jan 25, 2017 8:48 am

I know thankfully i dont need any , You know i have thought about making a quick build c/l plane and mount one of those Estes rocket engines to it just to see what would happen lol! Have to do it when its wet outside ! Mite set the grass, trees, woods ect. on fire ! What?
getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Ken Cook Wed Jan 25, 2017 10:41 am

Eric, we have done just that with the Estes. Jetex barely powers a tissue model and it's a very slow controlled burn with a little hiss that exits. The Scorpion 600 does quite well but the fuel is very very expensive . The Jetex 50 powers small hand launch gliders.The problem with the Estes is that it's too powerful and short. You have approx 2-3 sec burn on a Estes and 8-15 on a Jetex with a lot less thrust. The problem with Jetex is the wick goes out before the pellet lights off. I would use a lighter and pre-heat the back of the engine prior to lighting it off which can't be done on some models due to setting the model on fire. Davis Diesel made the Jet-X which in my opinion is much more reliable and I've been fortunate to have a good stash on hand. I hope to be doing some video and experiments with it. Ken
Ken Cook
Ken Cook
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  fredvon4 Wed Jan 25, 2017 11:12 am

Anyone seriously into the JetEx type motors should read up ( Google is your friend) on the very easy to mix and form Sugar based propellants on rocketry sites.....many many formulations, readily available chemicals and real easy to form into the "pellets" needed to fit the old motor casings

Dad and I, a long time ago in the mid 60s , made our own fuel for Estes simple rockets as we were out of range for getting the rocket motors on Taiwan as the PX system did not carry them...(I assume a hazmat reason)

Sugar formulations are very stable, not hard to concoct, and have a lower impulse/longer burn than the (typical) black powder propellants of real Estes rocket motors

We never played with JetEx motors but rather reused spent small Estes motors casings....many times for simple hand launched gliders
fredvon4
fredvon4
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Ken Cook Wed Jan 25, 2017 2:12 pm

Sugar motors are far too powerful.  My flying partner and club member belongs to the Maryland Rocket Association. I brought the Jetex to him and asked for his assistance. The bottom line was that he and those there couldn't replicate the exact formulation for Jetex. They could get it close but as for sugar type engines, they would burn too hot and would probably melt through the Jetex casing or plain explode. Jetex themselves had problems with engines. There's two types of Jetex fuel pellets, those pictured on this Ebay link and Red Dot Jetex. Red Dot Jetex fuel will burn through the aluminum Jetex 50's. The best of the best was the Rapier engines no longer produced. These lit off quickly and had very good performance and reliability. Unfortunately, the company is long gone.
Ken Cook
Ken Cook
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Anyone looking for some JeteX 50 about gone Empty Pour some sugar on me!

Post  Marleysky Wed Jan 25, 2017 2:15 pm

Whoa there Fred. That Google search puts a whole new meaning to Def Lepoard s song.
Powered sugar, stump removal chemicals and clay kitty litter......Vavooom. ROCKET Man!
Marleysky
Marleysky
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  1/2A Nut Wed Jan 25, 2017 11:20 pm

This sounds cool through the tube.

If you could stack 8 pellets in there for RC on two 1.7g servos
should make for a great flight
1/2A Nut
1/2A Nut
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  getback Thu Jan 26, 2017 8:29 am

Thanks Brad ! That reminds me of the days of flying the gliders and rubber power that came in the .10c bag of joy , my dad would get me a new one about once a week . lol  Ken i hope you and your friends can get to do some video when the time comes  for the JetX flying , sounds like a lot of fun . Glad you told me about the rocket engines as i have very little experience with them other than a couple rockets i built for my son and I . Do you think it would work with say a small swept back wing glider to shoot off the pad for a glide down of say 50-100' ?? Hers a IdEa there's more out there ..

Last edited by getback on Thu Jan 26, 2017 8:41 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : you tube)
getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  roddie Thu Jan 26, 2017 10:19 pm

RATO.. is something I've always dreamed about with modelling; mainly using Estes-style model-rocket motors. Not only aircraft.. but in marine applications too. wherever you need a "boost"..

My rocket-engine inventory.. hope there's no significant shelf-life..

Anyone looking for some JeteX 50 about gone As_of_10

Had lot's of fun with model-rocketry.

Anyone looking for some JeteX 50 about gone Bullpu10
roddie
roddie
Top Poster
Top Poster

http://www.stilburnin.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down