Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register! Guests are limited to posting in the "General Questions (Guest Posting Allowed)" section only. Becoming a member is fast, easy and FREE!


Log in

I forgot my password

Search
 
 

Display results as :
 


Rechercher Advanced Search

Cox Engine of The Month
September-2017
Kim's

"Cox Conquest gets a Run-Up."



PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Tach Race 2017 Updates
Ready for Tach Race 2017?
Profile Scale Reed Speed
Gallery


Win This Engine!
The Traveling Prop
World of Aviation

Tach Race 2017- March 11-12 FINAL RESULTS!

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Tach Race 2017- March 11-12 FINAL RESULTS!

Post  getback on Fri Mar 17, 2017 8:47 am

I am in No hurry either i know they're in good hands , if you would just let know when they ship out so i can be looking for them in a timely manner , Yes Thanks again to Ron and sponsors .......... Small Cox Logo Babe Bee .049 Small Cox Logo I Love This Forum!
avatar
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

Posts : 4162
Join date : 2013-01-18
Age : 60
Location : julian, n.c.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Tach Race 2017- March 11-12 FINAL RESULTS!

Post  Cribbs74 on Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:05 pm

2nd and 3rd place prizes are in Bernie's hands now. 1st place engines will go out next week. I apologize for the delay. Uncle Sam keeps me hopping. So much so I was worried that I would be unable to keep my word about the race date.

I really wanted this to happen so I pushed through my schedule. Hope everyone understands.
avatar
Cribbs74
Moderator

Trusted Seller
Posts : 9490
Join date : 2011-10-24
Age : 43
Location : Tuttle, OK

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Tach Race 2017- March 11-12 FINAL RESULTS!

Post  Kim on Sat Mar 18, 2017 6:43 am

Cribbs74 wrote:2nd and 3rd place prizes are in Bernie's hands now. 1st place engines will go out next week. I apologize for the delay. Uncle Sam keeps me hopping. So much so I was worried that I would be unable to keep my word about the race date.

I really wanted this to happen so I pushed through my schedule. Hope everyone understands.

You did great dude! Thanks for doing this !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
avatar
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

I Support My Forum

Posts : 5601
Join date : 2011-09-06
Location : South East Missouri

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Tach Race 2017- March 11-12 FINAL RESULTS!

Post  Cribbs74 on Tue Mar 21, 2017 9:00 pm

So, I am back. Now dealing with stomach virus. I'll keep you guys posted. I apologize for the delay guys.
avatar
Cribbs74
Moderator

Trusted Seller
Posts : 9490
Join date : 2011-10-24
Age : 43
Location : Tuttle, OK

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Tach Race 2017- March 11-12 FINAL RESULTS!

Post  crankbndr on Wed Mar 22, 2017 7:23 am

Hi Ron, getting the engines back is not a priority, feel better first. Those stomach bugs can be brutal, feel better.
avatar
crankbndr
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

I Support My Forum

Posts : 1942
Join date : 2011-12-10
Location : Homestead FL

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Tach Race 2017- March 11-12 FINAL RESULTS!

Post  Cribbs74 on Wed Mar 22, 2017 12:19 pm

Feeling better today. Had some scrambled eggs and dry toast. Tomorrow I will take a "class photo" and pack boxes. I really appreciate you guys bring so patient.
avatar
Cribbs74
Moderator

Trusted Seller
Posts : 9490
Join date : 2011-10-24
Age : 43
Location : Tuttle, OK

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Tach Race 2017- March 11-12 FINAL RESULTS!

Post  RknRusty on Wed Mar 22, 2017 2:23 pm

Cribbs74 wrote:Feeling better today. Had some scrambled eggs and dry toast. Tomorrow I will take a "class photo" and pack boxes. I really appreciate you guys bring so patient.
Glad you're recovering from the Green Death, as my Dad called it. I remember my son's pediatrician enforced the BRAT diet to get nutrition into the body under those circumstances. B.ananas, R.ice, A.pplesauce, and T.oast.
Some of you may remember my old Stuntman23 named Green Death.

No rush, Ron, just pace yourself.
Rusty

_________________
Don't Panic!
...and never Ever think about how good you are at something...
while you're doing it!


My Hot Rock & Blues Playlist
avatar
RknRusty
Moderator

Posts : 10356
Join date : 2011-08-10
Age : 61
Location : South Carolina, USA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Tach Race 2017- March 11-12 FINAL RESULTS!

Post  roddie on Wed Mar 22, 2017 9:14 pm

RknRusty wrote:
Cribbs74 wrote:Feeling better today. Had some scrambled eggs and dry toast. Tomorrow I will take a "class photo" and pack boxes. I really appreciate you guys bring so patient.
Glad you're recovering from the Green Death, as my Dad called it. I remember my son's pediatrician enforced the BRAT diet to get nutrition into the body under those circumstances. B.ananas, R.ice, A.pplesauce, and T.oast.
Some of you may remember my old Stuntman23 named Green Death.

No rush, Ron, just pace yourself.
Rusty

Is this the "Green Death" Rusty???



The "Stuntman 23" Thumbs Up Thumbs Up That was a great flying little airplane!

Here's what's left of mine..  Laughing



I have the missing/broken pieces somewhere.. and have wanted to measure them to build a duplicate. It was a very light-weight/simple design that flew quite well with a Cox Golden-Bee .049 engine. Very simple Carl Goldberg model to construct.. of which I'd highly recommend for some 1/2A C/L fun!




The Carl Goldberg "Swordsman 18" was another fun airplane! A Cox .049 reed-valve engine was "more than enough" for that puppy! A Cox .020 Pee Wee would fly it.. just fine.



These little balsa airplane kits helped to make the little Cox reed-valve engines really fun to fly!
avatar
roddie
Top Poster
Top Poster

Posts : 5151
Join date : 2013-07-17
Age : 57
Location : N. Smithfield, Rhode Island

View user profile http://www.stilburnin.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Tach Race 2017- March 11-12 FINAL RESULTS!

Post  Cribbs74 on Wed Mar 22, 2017 9:51 pm


Engines will be going out tomorrow!!

Here is a class photo, Maybe Kim can photo shop it and make it look all nice and fancy.
avatar
Cribbs74
Moderator

Trusted Seller
Posts : 9490
Join date : 2011-10-24
Age : 43
Location : Tuttle, OK

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Tach Race 2017- March 11-12 FINAL RESULTS!

Post  Kim on Thu Mar 23, 2017 12:21 pm

Cribbs74 wrote:

Here is a class photo, Maybe Kim can photo shop it and make it look all nice and fancy.

More than glad to give it a shot dude! Can you send me a name list?
avatar
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

I Support My Forum

Posts : 5601
Join date : 2011-09-06
Location : South East Missouri

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Tach Race 2017- March 11-12 FINAL RESULTS!

Post  Cribbs74 on Thu Mar 23, 2017 12:26 pm

Kim wrote:
Cribbs74 wrote:

Here is a class photo, Maybe Kim can photo shop it and make it look all nice and fancy.

More than glad to give it a shot dude!  Can you send me a name list?

Thanks man. Shoot you a PM this evening.
avatar
Cribbs74
Moderator

Trusted Seller
Posts : 9490
Join date : 2011-10-24
Age : 43
Location : Tuttle, OK

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Tach Race 2017- March 11-12 FINAL RESULTS!

Post  RknRusty on Thu Mar 23, 2017 12:55 pm

roddie wrote:
RknRusty wrote:
Cribbs74 wrote:Feeling better today. Had some scrambled eggs and dry toast. Tomorrow I will take a "class photo" and pack boxes. I really appreciate you guys bring so patient.
Glad you're recovering from the Green Death, as my Dad called it. I remember my son's pediatrician enforced the BRAT diet to get nutrition into the body under those circumstances. B.ananas, R.ice, A.pplesauce, and T.oast.
Some of you may remember my old Stuntman23 named Green Death.

No rush, Ron, just pace yourself.
Rusty

Is this the "Green Death" Rusty???



The "Stuntman 23" Thumbs Up Thumbs Up That was a great flying little airplane!

Yep, sure is. In fact I think is says so on the bottom of the wing. The tips weren't rounded on purpose, just from wear and tear. After my nieces flew it the repairs made it too heavy for a Bee. So I bolted on my first Tee Dee, given to me by Fit90 Bob, and it became a testbed for bladders and other fuel experiments until it just completely wore out.
https://youtu.be/2jKXX4NcdHo
https://youtu.be/HU0KLVSJJvQ

_________________
Don't Panic!
...and never Ever think about how good you are at something...
while you're doing it!


My Hot Rock & Blues Playlist
avatar
RknRusty
Moderator

Posts : 10356
Join date : 2011-08-10
Age : 61
Location : South Carolina, USA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Tach Race 2017- March 11-12 FINAL RESULTS!

Post  Kim on Thu Mar 23, 2017 2:24 pm

THAT...is getting your money's worth out of a kit !!!
avatar
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

I Support My Forum

Posts : 5601
Join date : 2011-09-06
Location : South East Missouri

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Tach Race 2017- March 11-12 FINAL RESULTS!

Post  rsv1cox on Thu Mar 23, 2017 3:03 pm

Cribbs74 wrote:
Engines will be going out tomorrow!!

Here is a class photo, Maybe Kim can photo shop it and make it look all nice and fancy.

You guys had way to much fun with this.  Maybe next year if it's picked up again I will submit an effort.  

What's the story behind the lone piston next to the engine lower left?  Or did I miss something. I know that a crank shaft went south.

Bob
avatar
rsv1cox
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Posts : 2313
Join date : 2014-08-18
Location : West Virginia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Tach Race 2017- March 11-12 FINAL RESULTS!

Post  Marleysky on Thu Mar 23, 2017 7:16 pm

Bob, that piston and crank pin are the ones that broke on Fred's winning run. I think the parts got set in front of my 2nd place engine, as you can see the top TD does not have a piston inside the cylinder! I think. Man, that looks like just too much fun....running all those engines. KUDO's to Ron.
avatar
Marleysky
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

I Support My Forum

Posts : 1305
Join date : 2014-09-28
Age : 64
Location : Grand Rapids, MI

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Tach Race 2017- March 11-12 FINAL RESULTS!

Post  Cribbs74 on Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:16 pm

Guys,

Looking through the list of participants I see that the only one who didn't win anything was our ol'pal Roddie. I was thinking of sending him the Wasp as opposed to a raffle. If everyone is good with that then off it goes!

Ron
avatar
Cribbs74
Moderator

Trusted Seller
Posts : 9490
Join date : 2011-10-24
Age : 43
Location : Tuttle, OK

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Tach Race 2017- March 11-12 FINAL RESULTS!

Post  roddie on Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:39 pm

Cribbs74 wrote:Guys,

Looking through the list of participants I see that the only one who didn't win anything was our ol'pal Roddie. I was thinking of sending him the Wasp as opposed to a raffle. If everyone is good with that then off it goes!

Ron

I didn't feel like I lost-out at all. I only entered one engine in unlimited.. and it ran well. Do the raffle Ron.
avatar
roddie
Top Poster
Top Poster

Posts : 5151
Join date : 2013-07-17
Age : 57
Location : N. Smithfield, Rhode Island

View user profile http://www.stilburnin.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Tach Race 2017- March 11-12 FINAL RESULTS!

Post  rsv1cox on Fri Mar 24, 2017 6:42 am

Marleysky wrote:Bob, that piston and crank pin are the ones that broke on Fred's winning run. I think the parts got set in front of my 2nd place engine, as you can see the top TD does not have a piston inside the cylinder!  I think.     Man, that looks like just too much fun....running all those engines.  KUDO's to Ron.

Thanks Rene, and X2 on Ron's involvement.

Looking at Rusty's and roddies Stuntman 23's I got the itch to build one or maybe two.  So I ordered some of SIG's 36" airfoils and some other building stock yesterday along with a bundle of their balsa "cutoff's".  Got enough to do the 18" Goldberg Swordsman too.

This looks neat too:



I thought outerzone would have the Goldberg plans but I couldn't locate them.
Bob
avatar
rsv1cox
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Posts : 2313
Join date : 2014-08-18
Location : West Virginia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Tach Race 2017- March 11-12 FINAL RESULTS!

Post  Cribbs74 on Mon Mar 27, 2017 8:03 pm

Engines are finally on the way back to the owners along with first place prizes. I have tracking#s for all so if they don't show up by Friday give me a shout. When they do show up please post that you got them!

P.S. Eric I owe you a red rubber spinner. The one you sent went flying at a high rate of speed to some dark reach of my workshop! I forgot to put a spare in your box.

Ron
avatar
Cribbs74
Moderator

Trusted Seller
Posts : 9490
Join date : 2011-10-24
Age : 43
Location : Tuttle, OK

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Tach Race 2017- March 11-12 FINAL RESULTS!

Post  getback on Tue Mar 28, 2017 7:39 am

Thanks for letting us know / and i am not worried about the spinner i have others Small Cox Logo Good Fun !! Ron I Love This Forum!
avatar
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

Posts : 4162
Join date : 2013-01-18
Age : 60
Location : julian, n.c.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Tach Race 2017- March 11-12 FINAL RESULTS!

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum