Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

Nobler ARF deduex...or How to deal with a loving wife...or the Kidney Stone Woes Cox_ba12

Nobler ARF deduex...or How to deal with a loving wife...or the Kidney Stone Woes Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Anderson Baby Spitfire - looking for the aft tank and gasket
by Boats13 Today at 8:18 pm

» Fuel residue stain clening help
by akjgardner Today at 7:53 pm

» my attempt at making an exhaust throttle for Cox .049
by roddie Today at 7:00 pm

» Another of C.T. engines cleaned ---- Cox Tee Dee .09 --- Just today (3/26/2024) more Cox parts
by sosam117 Today at 5:55 pm

» Cox powered boat litle shrimp hidroplane
by davidll1984 Today at 2:52 pm

» Introducing the new - "QZ" RR-1
by roddie Today at 1:08 pm

» STUKA bomb dimentions needed
by latole Today at 9:36 am

» Indexing COX cylinders
by davidll1984 Today at 7:56 am

» Introducing our Cox .049 TD Engines
by Yabby Today at 6:33 am

» 1/2a Skyray plans?
by 944_Jim Yesterday at 10:14 pm

» Postage stamp backplates
by JPvelo Yesterday at 8:52 pm

» Cosmic Winds, - Big Guy, Little Guys, Silver Guy and Wounded Guy.
by rsv1cox Yesterday at 5:18 pm

Cox Engine of The Month
March-2024
balogh's

"COX Budapest" .049 engine

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

Nobler ARF deduex...or How to deal with a loving wife...or the Kidney Stone Woes Empty
Live on Patrol

Nobler ARF deduex...or How to deal with a loving wife...or the Kidney Stone Woes

Go down

LOL Nobler ARF deduex...or How to deal with a loving wife...or the Kidney Stone Woes

Post  fredvon4 Thu Feb 09, 2017 11:14 am

So \

Here I sit in day three of inflamed right Kidney waiting to pass a stone... an every 3 or 4 year event

Those who can relate, know that eventually I will be in the ER waiting CT scan and good Morphine

Those who have not yet had this happen...Pray you never do!

My loving wife, having been through this many times in the  last 20 years, decided to gift me a project to fill the days of ignoble sitting with heat pad and pseudo codeine drugs...

I have had a Tower Hobby Top Flite ARF Nobler on my Wish list for over 9 years... Ha..she thought a good project for my immobile butt and ordered it  

(I actually been waiting for the max discount and free shipping...)  

But here it is a giant box on my lap at full price... Oh well, after 34 years I know she still has no clue about my frugal side even as SHE is the most cost conscience shopper I ever have known... and she is actually fairly astute at making a penny cry to the point where Abe sez...."please stop"  

Excuse me a bit....

OK back from screaming in agony as I slug down the next glass of forced hydration and move stuff around (like 3 of 4 dogs who are concerned and will NOT get off my lap)

A few of my CEF friends will understand that a Almost Ready to Fly 50"+ WS .35~.45 engine kit is NOT comparable to this:

http://www.hobbylobby.com/Crafts-Hobbies/Hobbies-Collecting/Gliders-Planes/Raptor-Glider/p/146225

OK I suspect a lot of responses should/will focus on my AILEMENT and NOT the Nobler, so I will start yet another "Help me build this ARF abortion"* thread

*Abortion...= All who have "been there done that" KNOW this is the most horrific of any great designed C/L stunt airplanes ever to come out of China... horrid controls, suspect engine crutch, totally crap covering (even if true Mono Cote)

I recently got ( last yeart) a ARF RSM/ Mike Griffin Ring Master and a Brodak ARF Ring Master....wish I could have found a ARF Primary Force but had to get a Mike Pratt Laser short kit... Another story

If I was Tower, and Top Flight, I would be ashamed!!!

BUT even then, I still desire one or more ARF Top Flite-- Flite Streaks*...even knowing they suck too... *Long discontinued now...never going to happen so I have one Sig Sky ray kit copied for a three at once future building session

Excuse please, must go re-fill hydration glass and ponder wisdom of a slug of Gentleman Jack......hummm... side of Codeine sez "Caution alcohol MAY intensify the effect"...hummmm
fredvon4
fredvon4
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

Back to top Go down

LOL Re: Nobler ARF deduex...or How to deal with a loving wife...or the Kidney Stone Woes

Post  RknRusty Thu Feb 09, 2017 2:02 pm

Freddy,
So sorry about the hurt. I hope it passes sooner than you expect.
Yep, the Chinese Nobler sucks. But it sure do fly nice. That is if you take the extra steps to shore up the inept factory assemblage. Mine hasn't moved since the day I busted the Twister. The controls are all hooked up and adusted, and the final gluing of the big parts is all that awaits. Now and then I stop and pull on the leadouts and watch the flaps and elevator move, then turn my back on it and go piddle with the wing skeleton on the table. Almost finished now. I need to get a Tach Race engine in the schedule somewhere soon. That was a great and thoughtful move by your wife to get you something she knew you'd always wanted, though you can hardly build it in your lap. Especially with the dawgs.

Get well soon!
Rusty

I have a glider that looks like that, but mine was .99c. I have two more, and I may fit one to a TD .010.
Nobler ARF deduex...or How to deal with a loving wife...or the Kidney Stone Woes Foam_g10

My Hot Rock & Blues Playlist
RknRusty
RknRusty
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

LOL Re: Nobler ARF deduex...or How to deal with a loving wife...or the Kidney Stone Woes

Post  rsv1cox Thu Feb 09, 2017 3:19 pm

With a smile on my lips and a tear in my eye I laughed my way through another one of your word smithed masterpieces. I'm not a stranger to pain but that must hurt.

Forgive the comparison but Spike goes through the same experience at about the same time period. Little red spots on the kitchen floor tell me I have to anti-up another $3K to have them removed. He's on a special diet in the hopes that they don't reoccur. Perhaps I could share it's recipe with you. Smile I hope yours are passed au natural.

As for the Nobler, Good luck with yours both building and flying. I always lusted after one even knowing it was probably above my skill level.

Bob
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  dckrsn Thu Feb 09, 2017 3:54 pm

fredvon4 wrote:
Excuse please, must go re-fill hydration glass and ponder wisdom of a slug of Gentleman Jack......hummm... side of Codeine sez "Caution alcohol MAY intensify the effect"...hummmm
I think they meant "enhance" the effect. Go for it Fred, I speak from experience. Feel better.
Bob
dckrsn
dckrsn
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  fredvon4 Thu Feb 09, 2017 4:09 pm

Thanks, fellers

Today has been a bit of a pain..not from the swollen kidney but more from and every body need's something from me POV

Guests, family, dogs, and the septic decided today was the semi annual back up day*

* we love this property, but once upon a time I ran off the original (local neighbor) butt head who installed the septic tank with literally a threat of death with my shotgun in hand

Un knowing to Ralph Thomas...he decided to introduce himself and brag about the install literally the week Renie and I were digging up 80 feet of poo line that ran UP HILL to the tank.... this after three weeks owning and needing to flush three times to evacuate the toilet bowl

Add to this in the digging we found the OUT of house 3" pipe made a 90 and into thin walled, plus not well glued, 4" pipe running up hill before the slope down in to the TOO SMALL for a 5 bedroom house poo tank...and to make it all real sucky---- only 75" of lateral line leach field

Mucho physical labor later, added 2 45s to make the "turn" and dug a good slope into poo tank, and hand dug and laid 350' of leach field. But still the too small (900 gal) poo tank.... so being empty nest we decided to live with the undersized tank needing pumped out every 18 or so months.... today was THAT need.....grrr

Rusty, I swear one of these day I am bringing home one of the foam gliders from Hobby lobby--- and cobbling on the nose a well used Cox reedy and heading for a big arsed field to watch it soar out of sight

Bob...oh so sorry to know you have a good friend with this grief... one of my deeper concerns in life is my dear good friends,- who do not speak human,- having ANY pain ---and WE taking too long to notice and get diagnosed/treated/relieved

Fortunately right now our "family" only has allergy and joint issues... both pretty easy to diagnose and treat

OK folks--- back to a Twister wing and very cool mosquito build
fredvon4
fredvon4
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  RknRusty Thu Feb 09, 2017 5:44 pm

fredvon4 wrote:Thanks, fellers...

...OK folks--- back to a Twister wing and very cool mosquito build

Right-o. Lemme know if you want me to lock the thread.

RknRusty
RknRusty
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  NEW222 Thu Feb 09, 2017 5:54 pm

fredvon4 wrote:

Sorry to hear of your ailment Fred, and wish you a speedy recovery,and or get well soon. On another note, the above text you typed really got to me. I finally found another connoisseur. So, in hindesight, I couldn't let you have a slug by yourself, and I officially had a good excuse, so I thought I would have one for you up here as well. Hope you enjoy yours.

From me and my family to you and yours......(and I am not a hoarder Shocked )

Nobler ARF deduex...or How to deal with a loving wife...or the Kidney Stone Woes Jack_d10
NEW222
NEW222
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  getback Fri Feb 10, 2017 7:31 am

GET WELL SOON!! FRED Ghosh i thought everybody knew crap flows down hill lol!
getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

LOL Yea!

Post  fredvon4 Fri Feb 10, 2017 7:47 am

Ok! Now that all the fluids did their thing; flushing the evil sharp larger than Uter foreign object from my body, I can watch me for next 24 to make sure Kidney did not shut down.

Thanks for all the well wishes

perhaps later this weekend I can crack open a Xmas gift jug of Gentleman Jack and have a sip or three to back toast New222 who started with out me...grin wnk

This Site Rocks!
I Love This Forum!
lol!
Smoking
fredvon4
fredvon4
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  RknRusty Fri Feb 10, 2017 10:18 am

fredvon4 wrote:Ok! Now that all the fluids did their thing; flushing the evil sharp larger than Uter foreign object from my body, I can watch me for next 24 to make sure Kidney did not shut down.
That last 9 inches is a bch ain't it! lol!

RknRusty
RknRusty
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  fredvon4 Fri Feb 10, 2017 12:20 pm

Rusty if you or I had 9...neither of us would be married to the "size does not matter to me" women we married... sorry...love ...ya Miss Knowelton.. Really I do!!!! You got a great guy

But brother Rusty----I got to say, that last 8.75" was a truly excruciating "spit n tink" experience..

Did not bother with the fine mesh filter pee cup, so no idea if the bugger was OO buck size, or some thing more like #9 bird or smaller

Dang thing felt a lot like a 12 Ga Slug...IYKWIM
fredvon4
fredvon4
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  RknRusty Fri Feb 10, 2017 4:21 pm

fredvon4 wrote:Rusty if you or I had 9...neither of us would be married to the "size does not matter to me" women we married... sorry...love ...ya Miss Knowlton.. Really I do!!!! You got a great guy...
Whatchu mean "We," Kimosabe? Lol

RknRusty
RknRusty
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  crankbndr Fri Feb 10, 2017 4:59 pm

That reminds me of an old joke
My wife said give me nine and make it hurt, we did it twice and slapped her one.
crankbndr
crankbndr
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  crankbndr Fri Feb 10, 2017 5:04 pm

one always leads to another
one day my wife of 25 years walked up to me and clobbered me one and said "thats for 20 years of bad sex".
I thought for a minute and clobbered her back and said "thats for knowing the difference".
crankbndr
crankbndr
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  getback Fri Feb 10, 2017 5:24 pm

After 2 & a 14 yr. i don't think so,, I just happy when others complain ..................... RC Plane Good one Crank !! This Site Rocks!
getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  fredvon4 Fri Feb 10, 2017 5:39 pm

Crank bender you arse hole''''' I am still laughing and screaming...laughing hurts a lot

knowing the dff

better than Master card... lol!
fredvon4
fredvon4
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  crankbndr Fri Feb 10, 2017 6:32 pm

I stole that from Red Skelton many years ago. Liked him, Rodney Dangerfield and Jackie Gleason. They latest wave of comics are lacking.
This is some of the best Rodney there is,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQLv7CG10B4
crankbndr
crankbndr
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  fredvon4 Sun Sep 03, 2017 1:05 pm

Popped to the top cuz, when I truly sucked in pain, my CEF buddies made sure I laughed out loud, a lot, and screamed in pain making Renie consider cutting off the WiFi so I could not forums surf

As I sit around trying to see if Hurricane Irma is going to make Harvey look like a summer storm. I have to wonder, who to the east of me, got a hard time from Harvey?

I know my posts today are skitzoid

fredvon4
fredvon4
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down