Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register! Guests are limited to posting in the "General Questions (Guest Posting Allowed)" section only. Becoming a member is fast, easy and FREE!

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Cox Engine of The Month
November-2017
MauricioB's

"Cox Tee Dee .010"

PAST WINNERS
Speed Contest 2018
CEF Traveling Engine

Gallery

Win This Engine!
The Traveling Prop
World of Aviation

Price of Enya engines

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Price of Enya engines

Post  Cox International on Wed Feb 22, 2017 3:51 pm

Someone is offering to sell us six NIB Enya engines. Here a list as well as a couple of pics. Any suggestions as to current, realistic, market value?

Cox International
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Official Cox Support

View user profile http://www.coxengines.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Price of Enya engines

Post  Cribbs74 on Wed Feb 22, 2017 5:57 pm

I am sure Bob will be able to help you out with this as soon as he sees your post. He is the Enya guy here and buys them all the time.
Cribbs74

Trusted Seller

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Oldenginerod on Wed Feb 22, 2017 7:46 pm

Bernie.  Enya still have some current prices up on their website.  .09s around $66 USD up to their current .61 but no price.  
I dunno, maybe I'm reading the prices wrong.  They're allways more than willing to help if you email them.
http://www.enya-engine.com/index_E.htm
Oldenginerod
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox on Thu Feb 23, 2017 6:50 am

I agree with Rod, Enya's site is a good source for current model prices, also ebay.  But ebay sales are all over the place, selling prices differ wildly.  If I'm reading the prices on the boxes correctly they are overly optimistic.  The box on the top left which I guess holds the 60III is unusual, a type I haven't seen before.  I would like to see a picture of the engine.

For some reason the MRC imports (black boxes) are quite common and don't command the value of the others.  Also, they are all throttle valve engines, a plurality. Collectors look for the less common control line examples with varying intakes.  If your looking for a bundle price for the lot I would say $280.00 with the unusual boxed 60III exempt (I would be a customer) would be ball-park, but there would not be to much meat left on the bone for profit after marketing/shipping costs.  

Bob
rsv1cox
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Cox International on Thu Feb 23, 2017 2:05 pm

Thanks everyone and, yes, we are aware of the official Enya pricelist but are trying to see what "market value" is. The prices on the boxes are in CA$ and are from many years ago. However, the vendor is asking too much and will likely take a pass on the lot.

Cox International
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Official Cox Support

Back to top Go down

Post  Cox International on Thu Feb 23, 2017 6:15 pm

rsv1cox wrote:I agree with Rod, Enya's site is a good source for current model prices, also ebay.  But ebay sales are all over the place, selling prices differ wildly.  If I'm reading the prices on the boxes correctly they are overly optimistic.  The box on the top left which I guess holds the 60III is unusual, a type I haven't seen before.  I would like to see a picture of the engine.

For some reason the MRC imports (black boxes) are quite common and don't command the value of the others.  Also, they are all throttle valve engines, a plurality. Collectors look for the less common control line examples with varying intakes.  If your looking for a bundle price for the lot I would say $280.00 with the unusual boxed 60III exempt (I would be a customer) would be ball-park, but there would not be to much meat left on the bone for profit after marketing/shipping costs.  

Bob

Bob, it looks as if we will be buying the engines. What price did you have in mind for the 60III?
Cox International
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Official Cox Support

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox on Thu Feb 23, 2017 6:19 pm

Cox International wrote:
rsv1cox wrote:I agree with Rod, Enya's site is a good source for current model prices, also ebay.  But ebay sales are all over the place, selling prices differ wildly.  If I'm reading the prices on the boxes correctly they are overly optimistic.  The box on the top left which I guess holds the 60III is unusual, a type I haven't seen before.  I would like to see a picture of the engine.

Bob

Bob, it looks as if we will be buying the engines. What price did you have in mind for the 60III?

Got to ponder that Bernie, I would need pictures of the engine, box, and it's contents. PM me when ready.

Bob
rsv1cox
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Cox International on Thu Feb 23, 2017 7:56 pm

Shall do Bob.

Cox International
Diamond Member
Diamond Member