Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register! Guests are limited to posting in the "General Questions (Guest Posting Allowed)" section only. Becoming a member is fast, easy and FREE!

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Cox Engine of The Month
June-2017
mmischni's

Cox 0.049 Black Widow Powered Pinewood Derby Top Fuel Car

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Tach Race 2017 Updates
Ready for Tach Race 2017?
Profile Scale Reed Speed
Gallery

Win This Engine!
The Traveling Prop
World of Aviation

On the Ramp Right Now: 'Hot Pants' Bites the Dust

Page 23 of 23 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 21, 22, 23

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: On the Ramp Right Now: 'Hot Pants' Bites the Dust

Post  Kim on Thu Feb 02, 2017 12:41 pm

rsv1cox wrote:

Yup, someone in the flight crew should have got at least an atta-boy for bringing that bird down safely, or an honorable mention in the accident report.

Yeah...I've always said that if the incident itself doesn't cause you to meet Jesus, a whole box-full of them will show up after it's over.
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

I Support My Forum

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox on Sat Feb 04, 2017 8:55 am

For some reason I can't get that incident out of my mind.  What a beautiful aircraft to meet such a fate.  We're it a model I would just fix up the tail assembly, iron out the wrinkles and put her back in the air.  Might have done the same to the full scale if no one else was around.  Smile If she flew home, she should fly again with a little (lot) of TLC. Smile  I have rebuilt four wheelers in worse shape.  

Bob
rsv1cox
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kim on Sun Feb 05, 2017 12:18 pm

rsv1cox wrote:For some reason I can't get that incident out of my mind.  What a beautiful aircraft to meet such a fate.  We're it a model I would just fix up the tail assembly, iron out the wrinkles and put her back in the air.  Might have done the same to the full scale if no one else was around.  Smile If she flew home, she should fly again with a little (lot) of TLC. Smile  I have rebuilt four wheelers in worse shape.  

Bob

It was a sad deal alright, but she wasn't in any shape to be ferried.  The engines were supposedly (or suspected to be) trashed from over speeding, the fuse itself was buckled, and though not REAL obvious, the dive recovery had turned it into a Beechcraft Corsair!   Them Beech engineers sho know how to design wings !!!

We heard later that the whole mess had been shipped to Columbia, South America, so it may be back in action, hauling concaine as this is written....

The crew gave me the severed, free-falling elevator...I take a photo and post it.
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

I Support My Forum

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kim on Mon May 15, 2017 11:40 am

It's been a while since we've had a Coo Coo running around...

http://www.kfvs12.com/story/35429822/man-accused-of-stealing-truck-rv-tried-to-steal-helicopter
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

I Support My Forum

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Cribbs74 on Mon May 15, 2017 4:02 pm

Sounds like a mental illness to me.
Cribbs74

Trusted Seller

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Marleysky on Mon May 15, 2017 5:22 pm

Cribbs74 wrote:Sounds like a mental illness to me.

yUP, looks like he might get a "5 year pin"

Marleysky
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I Support My Forum

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  roddie on Mon May 15, 2017 7:44 pm

Cribbs74 wrote:Sounds like a mental illness to me.

Yea................ Paranoid maybe Huh... or possibly an initiation-requirement to become a member of a club... Popcorn Steal a pick-up truck, then an RV... then an aircraft.. then...? What? Would it stop there? Maybe..... Maybe the helicopter was to be flown to a specific clandestine location, possibly on Stockton Lake.. where a prized racing-boat was supposedly kept. Swim 1/4 mile to the location and "hot-wire" the vessel. Your GPS device will give you the ditch-coordinates.. at which point you will swim to shore.. and proceed to secure the 1st available ground-transportation.. and circum-navigate the lake; two revolutions.. and be curtailed by a woman on a motorcycle. Her bike's got a flat-tire.......

roddie
Top Poster
Top Poster

View user profile http://www.stilburnin.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Kim on Fri Jun 23, 2017 2:53 pm

Just like people, bad things can happen to good planes.  First of all, no serious injuries were incurred during the final (probably) insult to the airframe of a faithful Cessna 182 Skylane, based at our airport for some twenty years.

Last night, N1800M experienced an engine failure (so far looks like fuel exhaustion), and punched it's nose through a fellow's shop.  The pilot apparently got it onto the ground and just ran out of space to stop.  Our sheet metal magician Todd will have a bunch more work if the Skylane is saved again.

http://www.kfvs12.com/story/35731533/fuel-issue-forces-pilot-to-make-emergency-landing-near-doniphan-mo

Years ago, it was a 'Club' plane, and experienced a lot of abuse, including a broken nose gear mount, snapped seat locks, and a double brake fire after being towed almost a 1/2 mile with the parking brake on.  The last incident got the Skylane dubbed "Hot Pants" by the line guys.

Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

I Support My Forum

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 23 of 23 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 21, 22, 23

View previous topic View next topic Back to top