Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

And yet ANOTHER Swap Meet.  Me and Vince head to Columbia, Illinois 4-2-17 Cox_ba12

And yet ANOTHER Swap Meet.  Me and Vince head to Columbia, Illinois 4-2-17 Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Introducing our Cox .049 TD Engines
by Yabby Today at 6:33 am

» Another of C.T. engines cleaned ---- Cox Tee Dee .09 --- Just today (3/26/2024) more Cox parts
by Yabby Today at 6:19 am

» STUKA bomb dimentions needed
by latole Today at 5:44 am

» Indexing COX cylinders
by balogh Today at 1:10 am

» 1/2a Skyray plans?
by 944_Jim Yesterday at 10:14 pm

» Postage stamp backplates
by JPvelo Yesterday at 8:52 pm

» my attempt at making an exhaust throttle for Cox .049
by roddie Yesterday at 8:20 pm

» Cosmic Winds, - Big Guy, Little Guys, Silver Guy and Wounded Guy.
by rsv1cox Yesterday at 5:18 pm

» My friend Ramón, his Cox .09 & Cox .010
by MauricioB Yesterday at 12:31 pm

» Parts Cox TD-4
by rsv1cox Yesterday at 8:40 am

» On ebay a very special Cox engine
by davidll1984 Yesterday at 6:32 am

» Introducing the new - "QZ" RR-1
by Admin Yesterday at 12:51 am

Cox Engine of The Month
March-2024
balogh's

"COX Budapest" .049 engine

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

And yet ANOTHER Swap Meet.  Me and Vince head to Columbia, Illinois 4-2-17 Empty
Live on Patrol

And yet ANOTHER Swap Meet. Me and Vince head to Columbia, Illinois 4-2-17

Go down

And yet ANOTHER Swap Meet.  Me and Vince head to Columbia, Illinois 4-2-17 Empty And yet ANOTHER Swap Meet. Me and Vince head to Columbia, Illinois 4-2-17

Post  Kim Mon Apr 03, 2017 7:56 am

So me and my flying bud, Vince, head up to Columbia, Illinois for probably the last Swap Meet 'till this Fall (yeah, I know, but I WANT to mean it).  The pick'ns were a bit sparse, but I STILL returned shy a few bucks, and with some cool stuff.

The guys at last year's S.M.A.L.L. Fly-In were just having too much fun with their Skycopters, so after a little mumbling and groaning, I bought this one.  Totally complete (their bubbles tend to go missing over the decades), and apparently parked for a LONG time, it's droopy blades ought to take a little straightening, with little else.  The only difference between this one and the two that I owned back in '75 is the exhaust guard.

And yet ANOTHER Swap Meet.  Me and Vince head to Columbia, Illinois 4-2-17 2_18

And yet ANOTHER Swap Meet.  Me and Vince head to Columbia, Illinois 4-2-17 2_110

Got myself what may be a life time supply of small fuel tubing for five bucks.

And yet ANOTHER Swap Meet.  Me and Vince head to Columbia, Illinois 4-2-17 3_010

A gnarled-fin, metal backplate Black Widow and a choke collar Medallion .09.

And yet ANOTHER Swap Meet.  Me and Vince head to Columbia, Illinois 4-2-17 4_14

And, keeping my pledge (totally by accident---but still) to Tony that I would return to S.M.A.L.L. 2017 packing a Rascal, I got this little guy, it's .074 Norvel, and three servos installed.  The active Norvel thread going on now is gonna be a big help in checking out this engine on the test stand.

And yet ANOTHER Swap Meet.  Me and Vince head to Columbia, Illinois 4-2-17 5_13

And yet ANOTHER Swap Meet.  Me and Vince head to Columbia, Illinois 4-2-17 5_110

And yet ANOTHER Swap Meet.  Me and Vince head to Columbia, Illinois 4-2-17 5_210

Gonna have to do some work on it though, as the owner adapted it to nitro power without closing up the firewall.  This gaping hole will (and has) act like a castor oil pipeline running to the plane's delicate innards.  So, with the engine pulled, gonna work a ply plate in there somehow, and also take a peek at the fuel tank installation.

And yet ANOTHER Swap Meet.  Me and Vince head to Columbia, Illinois 4-2-17 5_310

So, the S.M.A.L.L. fleet continues to expand.

Vince got himself a Goldberg 'Gentle Lady' sailplane with a Babe Bee stuck on it's nose, and an older radio installed.  Probably use the servos (Royal brand), but may put in some new stuff too.

There was a scattering of the typical crippled birds and spent gear, mixed with the radio accessory folks...but nothing else jumped out at me.  My Breezy Hill bud, Billy scored a flyable Ringmaster, but had spirited it away before I got to see it.  I'll have photos of it in action shortly.

So, not a bad day all-told.

And yet ANOTHER Swap Meet.  Me and Vince head to Columbia, Illinois 4-2-17 Sam_2512

And yet ANOTHER Swap Meet.  Me and Vince head to Columbia, Illinois 4-2-17 Sam_2514

And yet ANOTHER Swap Meet.  Me and Vince head to Columbia, Illinois 4-2-17 Sam_2510

This little Piet wasn't for sale, the owner said he was gonna hang it in his hobby room, so I was naturally harassing him to fly it.

And yet ANOTHER Swap Meet.  Me and Vince head to Columbia, Illinois 4-2-17 Sam_2516

And yet ANOTHER Swap Meet.  Me and Vince head to Columbia, Illinois 4-2-17 Sam_2515

And yet ANOTHER Swap Meet.  Me and Vince head to Columbia, Illinois 4-2-17 Sam_2513

Last edited by Kim on Mon Apr 03, 2017 4:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

And yet ANOTHER Swap Meet.  Me and Vince head to Columbia, Illinois 4-2-17 Empty Re: And yet ANOTHER Swap Meet. Me and Vince head to Columbia, Illinois 4-2-17

Post  crankbndr Mon Apr 03, 2017 8:35 am

Wow you find the coolest swap meets, down here the only thing you can find is old clothes and frying pans!!
crankbndr
crankbndr
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

And yet ANOTHER Swap Meet.  Me and Vince head to Columbia, Illinois 4-2-17 Empty Re: And yet ANOTHER Swap Meet. Me and Vince head to Columbia, Illinois 4-2-17

Post  KariFS Mon Apr 03, 2017 9:02 am

crankbndr wrote:Wow you find the coolest swap meets, down here the only thing you can find is old clothes and frying pans!!

Same here, plus "cracked bells and washed-out horns" with "pumps (that) won't work 'cos vandals stole the handles" DAMMIT!

Yeah, mostly useless overpriced junk. No model airplane swaps at all.

Nice haul again Kim! Especially the Black Widow, looks like it is in perfect condition except for the fins.
KariFS
KariFS
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down