Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register! Guests are limited to posting in the "General Questions (Guest Posting Allowed)" section only. Becoming a member is fast, easy and FREE!

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» The 'Fling' gets Flung...again...this time on it's Hi-Start
by Kim Today at 7:12 pm

» Running some marine engines: OS MAX 19
by roddie Today at 6:26 pm

» Something Followed Me Home....
by Ken Cook Today at 3:09 pm

» New projects for Cox Pee Wee 020
by MauricioB Today at 11:34 am

» dilemma.. Estes EDF
by Kim Today at 6:24 am

» model airplane yard-sale
by GallopingGhostler Today at 3:00 am

» Engine of the month
by Oldenginerod Yesterday at 5:06 pm

» OH THE HUMANITY!!
by GallopingGhostler Yesterday at 11:40 am

» Minitérmicos with Engines Cox 0.049
by MauricioB Yesterday at 11:33 am

» Backplates and bees
by GallopingGhostler Yesterday at 10:30 am

Cox Engine of The Month
April-2017
1/2A Nut's

TD .020 RC

More info on this engine!

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Tach Race 2017 Updates
Ready for Tach Race 2017?
Profile Scale Reed Speed
Gallery

Win This Engine!
The Traveling Prop
World of Aviation

Perfect Tanks and Wen-MAc Props/Silkspan

View previous topic View next topic Go down

For Sale Perfect Tanks and Wen-MAc Props/Silkspan

Post  DanMc on Sun Apr 16, 2017 12:38 pm

I am mostly a buyer and true colector, but I'm coming to the age where I realize I can't use everything I have. I have a pretty big collection of small Perfect tanks that I could make available, all new in box, and have a line on some more, and a fairly large stock of Wen-Mac props that I found but just didn't want to tie up the money with them. I could pick them up and spread the wealth if there is enough interest.
  I don't know if any of you guys have followed a thread on Stunt hanger about the recently discovered "doctor paper", exam table paper that very similar to the old GM and SGM K&S silkspan. I have acquired a good supply of that and for those that just want to buy it by the sheet, I can make that available also. The rolls are 21" wide and I was thinking of 36" long sheets at a buck a sheet plus shipping. It would be folded carefully and put into a large envelope. I have not been able to fins a cheap way of shipping rolls and some don't seem to be interested in the rolls, so let's try by the sheet?
  Thanks alot and forward any questions to me.
  Dan McEntee
 Florissant, MO
 dpmcenthusiast@aol.com
DanMc
Beginner Poster
Beginner Poster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

For Sale Re: Perfect Tanks and Wen-MAc Props/Silkspan

Post  NEW222 on Sun Apr 16, 2017 10:10 pm

Thanks Dan for offering this opportunity to us little guys over here on CEF. I am sure some will bite. You may remember me from Stunthangar, Chancey Chorney (Enya .09 first run, etc).
NEW222
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Cox International on Mon Apr 17, 2017 1:37 pm

Dan,

We may be interested in "Perfect" tanks up to 3/4 oz as long as they are brand new. If you have some please send a list to: support@coxengines.com and we can pay you the same amount we pay our current supplier for those.

Cox International
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Official Cox Support

View user profile http://www.coxengines.com

Back to top Go down

Post  944_Jim on Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:55 pm

I'm not familiar with these props. What are specs?
Hole Dia:
Blade Count:
Blade Dia:
Blade Pitch:

Are these appropriate for regular use? Or only for display? How much per prop? Do they come with spinners?

Thanks,
Jim in MS
944_Jim
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Cribbs74 on Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:40 pm

Hey Dan,

Have you used the faux silkspan? If so what did you think?
Cribbs74

Trusted Seller

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  DanMc on Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:39 pm

944_Jim wrote:I'm not familiar with these props. What are specs?
Hole Dia:
Blade Count:
Blade Dia:
Blade Pitch:

Are these appropriate for regular use? Or only for display? How much per prop? Do they come with spinners?

Thanks,
Jim in MS

Hi Jim;
These are the same props that were used on most of Wen-Mac plastic ready to fly models. They are three blade with square tips, 4.5 inches in diameter, 3 inch pitch, red in color, and hole size is the same as Cox models and other RTF airplanes, to fit a #5 or so bolt. No spinners/ They are a "flexible" plastic and may be less than 3 inch pitch. They may work OK of a small, really light Cox powered control line model or sport free flight model. They didn't pull the Wen-Mac models very well, hardly at all really. I think a friend of Chris McMillin's managed to get flights on a Wen-Mac Dauntless using a good 6-3 prop and some extra nitro. These are new in package with Wen-Mac part number 800-112. They may not be the best prop but if you are fixing up a Wen-Mac RTF plane and need a prop, these are what you need to keep it original. I think I have about twenty of them and I'll start off at 5 bucks a piece plus postage for them. I think that is cheaper than what you see them for on eVilBay, where you can go to see photos of them. I don't know much about doing the photo thing here.
Thanks a lot,
Dan McEntee
DanMc
Beginner Poster
Beginner Poster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  DanMc on Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:55 pm

Cribbs74 wrote:Hey Dan,

Have you used the faux silkspan? If so what did you think?

Hi Ron!!;
This isn't "faux" silkspan, in my opinion. it's the real deal. The manufacturers call it a "crepe" type of paper.It has a grain that runs the length of the role, looks and feels just like the K&S stuff to me. I think it's pretty good quality stuff, as you would expect from the medical industry. It is used as a barrier for exam tables, the paper you jump up on and wiggle your bum around on trying to get comfortable. It's strong enough to take that punishment! I haven't covered a model with it yet but I'm working on it. Others on Stunthanger have and report good results. Sparky has posted a video of a guy covering some test sections with it and applying dope, them force drying it with a heat gun. I have taken sections of it and run it under the kitchen faucet to see how it handled wet, and it didn't fall apart like toilet paper or poor quality silkspan would. I could handle it, unfold it it it got folded over on itself, way wetter than you would if you were covering a wing wet. Prices for the stuff by the case are all over the place on the internet. Some guys aren't interested in a whole case, but shipping single rolls is ridiculously expensive. I think there are people that would be interested in it by the sheet like they used to get it at the hobby shop, just to try it out if for no other reason. The paper is 21" wide, and I would cut it off at 36". I think I can fold it up neat enough to get it in a large envelope and mailed in good shape. I was thinking a buck a sheet, and that is cheaper that the old K&S stuff was when it was available. You have my contact info, drop me a line if you want to get a few sheets to try out.
Type at you later,
Dan McEntee
DanMc
Beginner Poster
Beginner Poster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  roddie on Sat Apr 22, 2017 7:55 am

Email sent regarding tanks. Thanks Dan. Smile
roddie
Top Poster