Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

USPS experience Cox_ba12

USPS experience Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» my attempt at making an exhaust throttle for Cox .049
by roddie Today at 7:00 pm

» Anderson Baby Spitfire - looking for the aft tank and gasket
by dan vincent Today at 6:15 pm

» Another of C.T. engines cleaned ---- Cox Tee Dee .09 --- Just today (3/26/2024) more Cox parts
by sosam117 Today at 5:55 pm

» Cox powered boat litle shrimp hidroplane
by davidll1984 Today at 2:52 pm

» Introducing the new - "QZ" RR-1
by roddie Today at 1:08 pm

» STUKA bomb dimentions needed
by latole Today at 9:36 am

» Indexing COX cylinders
by davidll1984 Today at 7:56 am

» Introducing our Cox .049 TD Engines
by Yabby Today at 6:33 am

» 1/2a Skyray plans?
by 944_Jim Yesterday at 10:14 pm

» Postage stamp backplates
by JPvelo Yesterday at 8:52 pm

» Cosmic Winds, - Big Guy, Little Guys, Silver Guy and Wounded Guy.
by rsv1cox Yesterday at 5:18 pm

» My friend Ramón, his Cox .09 & Cox .010
by MauricioB Yesterday at 12:31 pm

Cox Engine of The Month
March-2024
balogh's

"COX Budapest" .049 engine

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

USPS experience Empty
Live on Patrol

USPS experience

Go down

USPS experience Empty USPS experience

Post  fit90 Fri May 19, 2017 9:06 pm

I am just wondering how everyone else's experience with the USPS has been. Mine has not been nearly as good as hoped for. Here are two recent examples. One, I ordered some foam wing cores. They never arrived. They came from a very reputable seller. And, I have no doubt that he sent them properly. Two, I came home today to find that a package that couldn't fit in my mail box was just lying in my front yard about five feet from the mail box. The mailbox is about 150 feet from the house. The package had been rained on multiple times. The package contained an OS FS 20 engine. I live in a rural area where anybody passing by could help themselves to such a package and never be noticed. I was more than just a little upset. This also leads me to believe that the original wing cores suffered a similar fate. Please tell me I am the exception and not the norm!
fit90
fit90
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

USPS experience Empty Re: USPS experience

Post  pkrankow Fri May 19, 2017 9:32 pm

Go talk to the postmaster. The carrier's job is to deliver the mail in an acceptable manner to an accepted location such as a door or entryway, or garage door.

I have considered getting an oversized postbox for packages, but my carrier will put flat packages in the door, boxes under the overhang at my door, and if my garage is open she will put them on the garage step to the kitchen. She is AWESOME. The person who runs this route when my regular carrier is off is almost as awesome, but he drops the letters at the curb when there are packages instead of seeing if I am home first.

Phil

pkrankow
pkrankow
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  getback Fri May 19, 2017 10:04 pm

I like Phil don't have a problem with these carriers but , the other UPS , not the norm ,, in a hurry to make that quota and not much concern with the offset !! My reg. rural mail carriers do a great job and bring packages to a appropriate place even the back porch in side , carport not so (usps ) it took me a day or two to find they left a head gasket set propted against my truck >>> back door Yes ... *** I would CALL SOMEBODY AND ... ABOUT IT ,,spending money for not what you excepted to get really Psss me, there is NO since in it when sooo many people would love to have their job $$$ Rolling Eyes Bite back i would Sorry Bob silent
getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Cribbs74 Fri May 19, 2017 10:27 pm

I too have rural mail delivery. Never have I had a problem with her delivery. Sounds to me like you have a lazy carrier. There are avenues to take to fix that. As to your wings get a hold of your postmaster pronto. Trace the package.
Cribbs74
Cribbs74

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  roddie Fri May 19, 2017 10:30 pm

Bob, my experiences with the USPS have been good thus far. Sometimes if a parcel won't fit in our rural-mailbox, the driver will leave a "pick-up at" slip with the office address. Our house is 50' from the street.. and sometimes a parcel is left at the front door.

UPS almost always delivers.. and the driver will "bag" a parcel in a clear-plastic bag if the weather's damp. You might even find the parcel left at the back-door.. and a note in the mailbox. The USPS doesn't go to those lengths.. but has been delivering parcels on Sundays.. as of recent.

We all want to get our stuff safely through the mail. You might want to look into having certain parcels held at the post-office for pick-up.. or build/obtain a weather-tight container marked "for parcels".. that's in proximity to your regular mailbox. I would consider that to be as-safe (security-wise) as your mailbox alone. If your expecting model-kits through the mail.. make the container deep-enough to accommodate the packing.

People (modelers..) who mail parcels, should always consider packing them for extreme weather/handling conditions. If the parcel is left exposed for days in inclement-weather, it should still be dry inside. I generally wrap small cardboard-boxes completely with cellophane shipping-tape. Theft sucks.. but it does happen. Insuring the parcel is always an option..
roddie
roddie
Top Poster
Top Poster

http://www.stilburnin.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Marleysky Sat May 20, 2017 7:45 am

Cribbs74 wrote:I too have rural mail delivery. Never have I had a problem with her delivery. Sounds to me like you have a lazy carrier. There are avenues to take to fix that. As to your wings get a hold of your postmaster pronto. Trace the package.

There are good drivers and there are bad, terrible, horrible drivers! The USPS won't know the difference unless you let the Postmaster know of your problems. I had multiple problems with my US mail. Mostly I'd receive mail from my near by neighbors, which I'd just drive over and deliver myself. Good excuse to say " howdy neighbor!" Or I'd receive mail belonging to a Church located at 3290 when my address is 3920.  When I got hit with a hefty late fee and interest on a credit card, just after Christmas, after not receiving a statement, I became more concerned. Then,when tracking a online purchase it did not arrive, but showed as "delivered at 10:15am"  my mail doesn't show up until 1:00 1:30 or so. I drove down to the Church, and sure enough, there's my package in the locked foyer! ( it's a sad state of affairs when Churches have to lock their doors) I called the Church and talked with the secretary and arranged to have my wife pick up the package, although the church had contacted the Post office for a pick up of mis delivered parcel ( they didn't show up)  So, there after, I started hand delivering the mis-mailed mail directly to the postmaster. That's when things started to improve.
Now, it seems the Brown Truck,UPS people have contracted with the Red White and blue trucks USPS to do Saturday deliveries for them..yeah that's right..you're being delivered packages by substituted driver who's working Saturday already!! Clapping
Marleysky
Marleysky
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  fit90 Sat May 20, 2017 8:09 am

Marleysky,

I have many of the same problems you have had. It is not uncommon for me to not get mail for a week then suddenly get a week's worth of my neighbor's mail. I have been to the post office to let them know about this. In spite of past problems, I have never had a package left on the ground near the mail box. I have a screened in front entry that UPS and FedEx leave packages in. I think you guys are right. I need to let the post office know. I am sure my neighbors are suffering the same problem.

fit90
fit90
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  fredvon4 Sat May 20, 2017 9:12 am

Been on this rural route postal system for last 23 years and can relate many problems as described above already.

Really really aggravated* that the COUNTY went to a new renumber of all roads and house numbers several years ago--- to qualify for Fed bucks for 911 systems

The idea was sound as our numbering system prior to the re-number was tied to postal rural routes....example we were known as 439A Route 4   now 305 County Road 4330

*Aggravated because the ninnies did no foresee when THEY also created a similar address for 305 Private Road 4330. Obviously there was going to be a problem with mail or Sheriff's office dispatch

I have worked my way up through all the layers of county government to try to get this corrected....no soap... gave up

Way back when we were experiencing a lot of missing mail I made a point to be THAT GUY the Postmaster did NOT want to see coming through the door

We have a 1/4 mile away pedestal community box set up.

Our current lady is very good and for most oversize packages instead of the yellow "come to the PO" slip.....she just drives up to our gate and leaves it in a big box I installed inside our fence..... She is not allowed (by Postal Regulations) to deliver to any non USPS approved box...but she does this courtesy for us often

Over the years there have been a few problems with FedEx or UPS but on average I know most of the guys on our route. The only problems seem to be when a new guy or gal runs the route.

I did find that most of the problems with the new FedEx/UPS guys are GPS location .... very wrong for most addresses in my county
The older route drivers were/are familiar with the anomalies and wrong location data from their GPS

In the meanwhile Mr Braxton on the private road, and Fred on the County road throw each other's junk mail away-- and cross deliver anything that looks important...and we BOTH, are THAT GUY to the Post Master
fredvon4
fredvon4
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  fit90 Sat May 20, 2017 11:48 am

I am sorry to hear that I am not the only one experiencing these problems. I went to the post office and spoke with the Post Master today. I was given a nice apology then told that they have a high turn over for carriers in my area. And, I was told that the guy who left my package on the ground to be rained on was new and that he would be talked to about this. It all sounded nice but left me feeling like I am still in for more of the same.
fit90
fit90
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  pkrankow Sat May 20, 2017 5:34 pm

It is a starting point. Keep at it and good luck.

Phil
pkrankow
pkrankow
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  getback Sun May 21, 2017 8:25 am

Yes stay on them Bob , and what about the missing wing ? hear anything !
getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  fit90 Sun May 21, 2017 9:56 am

Yes, I have new wing cores just waiting for my spare time and imagination to kick in at the same time.
fit90
fit90
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down