Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register! Guests are limited to posting in the "General Questions (Guest Posting Allowed)" section only. Becoming a member is fast, easy and FREE!

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Cox Engine of The Month
November-2017
MauricioB's

"Cox Tee Dee .010"

PAST WINNERS
Speed Contest 2018
CEF Traveling Engine

Gallery

Win This Engine!
The Traveling Prop
World of Aviation

All Star Bip R/C - ACE -R/C

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: All Star Bip R/C - ACE -R/C

Post  MauricioB on Sat Jun 03, 2017 8:39 am

Mark Boesen wrote:

Hello Mark, nice photo, I see that they have not placed the uprights at the ends ...?
MauricioB
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark Boesen on Sat Jun 03, 2017 9:09 am

no, it just took longer to set up, didn't see any issues with it.
Mark Boesen
Top Poster
Top Poster

View user profile http://groups.yahoo.com/group/049Collectors/

Back to top Go down

Post  fit90 on Sat Jun 03, 2017 9:42 pm

MauricioB wrote:
fit90 wrote:Mauricio,

I have a NIB Saito Fa 40 that has an exhaust like your OS FS 20. Except, there is a pressure outlet on the exhaust tube. My OS FS 20 has the muffler. When running the OS on the bench I did not use exhaust pressure and the engine still ran very well. The little four strokes are so quiet and have such good fuel draw I don't think the muffler is really necessary.

Hi Bob, Did you buy the silencer separately or did the engine itself bring it? In my case the manual says it is optional.
Anyway I agree with you, it will surely work without the pressurizer correctly, the question I ask myself is, so that then the option to pressurize the tank? ... maybe for acrobatics models where in many occasions the fuel tank Need pressure to favor the power of the motor, for example in sharp maneuvers of closed angles and climbed vertically? ... is possible.

My manual:

Mauricio,

I bought the engine used. It came with the muffler. I do not know if the muffler originally came with the engine. I believe the OS FS 20 uses the same muffler as the FS 26. That might make it a little easier to find the muffler. I don't know if the .26 size is still in production.
fit90
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  MauricioB on Sat Jun 03, 2017 10:24 pm

fit90 wrote:
MauricioB wrote:
fit90 wrote:Mauricio,

I have a NIB Saito Fa 40 that has an exhaust like your OS FS 20. Except, there is a pressure outlet on the exhaust tube. My OS FS 20 has the muffler. When running the OS on the bench I did not use exhaust pressure and the engine still ran very well. The little four strokes are so quiet and have such good fuel draw I don't think the muffler is really necessary.

Hi Bob, Did you buy the silencer separately or did the engine itself bring it? In my case the manual says it is optional.
Anyway I agree with you, it will surely work without the pressurizer correctly, the question I ask myself is, so that then the option to pressurize the tank? ... maybe for acrobatics models where in many occasions the fuel tank Need pressure to favor the power of the motor, for example in sharp maneuvers of closed angles and climbed vertically? ... is possible.

My manual:

Mauricio,

I bought the engine used. It came with the muffler. I do not know if the muffler originally came with the engine. I believe the OS FS 20 uses the same muffler as the FS 26. That might make it a little easier to find the muffler. I don't know if the .26 size is still in production.

Hi Bob, thanks for the info. Do you buy it from a colleague ?, surely your manual may be the same as mine and who sold the engine may have bought the exhaust chamber. It is not a problem, I even encourage you to manufacture it, I would almost say artisanal if necessary.
Could you please place the measures of diameter and length of the camera ?, I will only take it into account if I see that the application is necessary.
Since we are, I comment, that these are other models that I am also interested to manufacture ....

Dee Bee:

Bi-Hawk:

Thinking of putting them together for Cox.

What do you think, my friend? Very Happy

MauricioB
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  fit90 on Sun Jun 04, 2017 8:48 am

Mauricio,

I will get some pictures and measurements of the OS muffler either today or tomorrow. I will also draw out my idea for making a muffler that I would use on the Saito .40.
fit90
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top