Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register! Guests are limited to posting in the "General Questions (Guest Posting Allowed)" section only. Becoming a member is fast, easy and FREE!

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Helicopter engine runs
by flying poodle Today at 7:29 am

» For Mauricio: The "Electromic Super Flash"!
by Kim Today at 12:46 am

» 5 Sure Start Engine Radial
by fit90 Yesterday at 8:26 pm

» Happy birthday Oldenginerod
by Oldenginerod Yesterday at 6:03 pm

» An Incredibly Wonderful Gift
by MauricioB Yesterday at 4:42 pm

» cox 049 parts needed
by robot797 Yesterday at 11:34 am

» Medallion .000 cu. in. engine
by GallopingGhostler Yesterday at 8:29 am

» Stanzel (Victor)
by GallopingGhostler Yesterday at 12:14 am

» Recent engine acquisitions
by GallopingGhostler Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:27 pm

» Starting a G-Mark .03
by MauricioB Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:58 pm

Cox Engine of The Month
October-2018
Mudhen's

"Prototype T.D. .010 c.1960"

PAST WINNERS
Speed Contest 2018
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
The Traveling Prop
Gallery

World of Aviation

tomato plant tip

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Re: tomato plant tip

Post  getback on Sat Jul 15, 2017 10:27 am

Lynne cuts the basil and makes Pesto. It's REALLY GOOD! It's basically a combination of the basil-leaves, pine-nuts, fresh-grated Parmesan-cheese and Olive-oil... pureed in a blender. We have it with "Agnolotti"..(similar to ravioli) and it's to die for... wrote:
Yes that looks GOOD !! i dont grow herbs but have used pesto and is delicious ... Ha HA can't pull no weeds now , Fell over a damn lawn chair in the dark Monday night and cracked some ribs !?!? Hurt like the devil and was getting better after 3-4 days i thought / got out yesterday and worked on some trimmers (customers ) and then decided to tie up some my mators and pick ones ready >>> Back to square one this morning << not good !! Been getting some cucumbers that are on the round side but still good cut and put in vinegar water mix with garlic powder, onion slice salt and pepper , let set in frig for a day or two and away we go lol! Got new corn plants coming up my son and i planted last week he also planted some sunflower seed and wants them to come up bad! Shocked Did not sucker my mators and they're getting way tall now so much moisture in the ground there trying to wilt Mad maybe i can get some help this weekend in the garden to get weeds under control . Laughing
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  roddie on Sat Jul 15, 2017 1:37 pm

getback wrote:   Yes that looks GOOD !! i dont grow herbs but have used pesto and is delicious  ...  Ha HA can't pull no weeds now , Fell over a damn lawn chair in the dark Monday night and cracked some ribs !?!? Hurt like the devil and was getting better after 3-4 days i thought / got out yesterday and worked on some trimmers (customers ) and then decided to tie up some my mators and pick ones ready >>> Back to square one this morning << not good !! Been getting some cucumbers that are on the round side but still good cut and put in vinegar water mix with garlic powder, onion slice salt and pepper , let set in frig for a day or two and away we go lol! Got new corn plants coming up my son and i planted last week he also planted some sunflower seed and wants them to come up bad! Shocked Did not sucker my mators and they're getting way tall now so much moisture in the ground there trying to wilt Mad  maybe i can get some help this weekend in the garden to get weeds under control . Laughing

Geez... I hope you're feeling better buddy. Those cukes sound delicious! We're a long way from ripe maters yet.. but they're coming along nicely!

Baby "Big-Boys" coming..

Here's a few photos showing where "sucker-shoots" were pinched-off.. and healed-over.

Lots of flowers coming!!!

roddie
Top Poster
Top Poster

View user profile http://www.stilburnin.com

Back to top Go down

3-week update..

Post  roddie on Sun Aug 06, 2017 1:33 pm

Maters and basil...

The plants are now really top-heavy.. with tons more flowers coming. I decided to bungee the wire-cages to the deck railing.

They blew-over in a thunderstorm this past week. Luckily no branches broke.. but the biggest tomato fell off.

Here's the basil..

It's starting to produce flowers.. so I pinched-off those stems. Lynne will be making more pesto soon! I need to buy more pine-nuts, olive-oil and a block of parmesan cheese. She said if Roddie wants fresh parmesan.. the Roddie's going to have to "grate-it".. Laughing That's ok.. it'll be worth it.
roddie
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

2018 garden

Post  roddie on Sun Aug 12, 2018 2:42 pm

Fast forward to the 2018 growing-season. I'd started tomato, bell pepper and basil seedlings indoors, last March. Most of the seedlings germinated and grew.. but the available "natural light" was minimal in the room where they were growing. I ended up with just a handful of plants.. out of over 100 seedlings planted. I've never used "grow-lamps".. but they may be in order for next year. Our house has small windows.. and is surrounded by trees; who's foliage blocks-out most of the available sunlight needed for starting seedlings successfully.

This year; I have "two" gardens actually. One is off-site in my hometown of Franklin, MA. My mom has participated in their community-garden for the last few years. This year; we both have plots.

Here's a photo I took of my plot; just after planting it on June 24th..

My mom has been attending to my plot.. since my recent re-employment.

A very few of the seedlings that I started "here" at home in N. Smithfield, "hobbled-along".. far enough to try trans-planting. At that point; I wasn't even sure what I had for plants. They weren't very healthy.. but they were hanging-on.

We have minimal "topsoil" here at home.. so we've been planting single-plants in containers. We bought some "bargain" plants in flats at the local store.. on the "cheap".. and added those to the seedlings I planted that survived...

The "home-garden" (containers) is coming-along nicely.. Roma tomatoes.. and assorted-color Bell-peppers.. (grown mostly from seed..) The "Roma" tomato is Pear-shaped.. and is best for making gravy.

roddie
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Ken Cook on Sun Aug 12, 2018 6:45 pm

A neat tomato that was given to me last year was Black from Tula. This tomato appears to look rotten when ripe. Excellent canning and flavor. It starts out dark green and gets a bit dark red in spots quickly turning purplish black. A very hearty tomato. https://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/60425/
Ken Cook
Top Poster
Top Poster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  roddie on Sun Aug 12, 2018 7:15 pm

not sure that I could harvest/eat a black-skinned tomato Ken.. but the images on the web-link that you provided, show the fruit looking very "pink and juicy" inside. Kinda' gets me a little excited.. Laughing
roddie
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2