Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

Today's lesson in irony Cox_ba12

Today's lesson in irony Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» my attempt at making an exhaust throttle for Cox .049
by balogh Today at 12:07 am

» Testers Sprite engine swap
by Greenman38633 Yesterday at 9:32 pm

» Elfin 0.5cc (Arnie Hende replica)
by dan vincent Yesterday at 9:18 pm

» Introducing our Cox .049 TD Engines
by layback209 Yesterday at 9:10 pm

» Anderson Baby Spitfire - looking for the aft tank and gasket
by Boats13 Yesterday at 8:18 pm

» Fuel residue stain clening help
by akjgardner Yesterday at 7:53 pm

» Another of C.T. engines cleaned ---- Cox Tee Dee .09 --- Just today (3/26/2024) more Cox parts
by sosam117 Yesterday at 5:55 pm

» Cox powered boat litle shrimp hidroplane
by davidll1984 Yesterday at 2:52 pm

» Introducing the new - "QZ" RR-1
by roddie Yesterday at 1:08 pm

» STUKA bomb dimentions needed
by latole Yesterday at 9:36 am

» Indexing COX cylinders
by davidll1984 Yesterday at 7:56 am

» 1/2a Skyray plans?
by 944_Jim Wed Mar 27, 2024 10:14 pm

Cox Engine of The Month
March-2024
balogh's

"COX Budapest" .049 engine

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

Today's lesson in irony Empty
Live on Patrol

Today's lesson in irony

Go down

Today's lesson in irony Empty Today's lesson in irony

Post  Oldenginerod Sat Jul 29, 2017 1:26 am

I had this sent to me.  It made me chuckle, and a little uncomfortable at the same time.  I can't vouch for the accuracy of the content, but it sure sounds like it could be factual.

"Once in a while we just have to stand back in awe of government.*
 The Food Stamp Program, administered by the U.S. Department of
 Agriculture, is proud to be distributing the greatest amount of free
 Meals and Food Stamps ever - 46 million people.

Meanwhile, the National Park Service, administered by the U.S.
 Department of the Interior, asks us "Please Do Not Feed the Animals."
 Their stated reason for the policy is because "The animals will grow
 dependent on handouts and will not learn to take care of themselves."

Thus ends today's lesson."
Oldenginerod
Oldenginerod
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Today's lesson in irony Empty Re: Today's lesson in irony

Post  KariFS Sat Jul 29, 2017 1:59 am

Yes, the irony is there... Fortunately humans are not (as of yet) required to "take care of themselves" the way wild animals do, kill or get killed or something to that effect Smile

KariFS
KariFS
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  RknRusty Sat Jul 29, 2017 4:33 am

KariFS wrote:Yes, the irony is there... Fortunately humans are not (as of yet) required to "take care of themselves" the way wild animals do, kill or get killed or something to that effect Smile

Yeah, kind of sickening isn't it. It could be restated as: Unfortunately, humans are NO LONGER required to be responsible for taking care of themselves...

We have several generations of inept careless lazy parenting multiplying this culture. Our poor are fat and have high technology communications and their own automobiles. And they're either dumb or ignorant. Or both.

In the Old Country(s), in many ways, being poor used to breed wisdom.
Rusty

My Hot Rock & Blues Playlist
RknRusty
RknRusty
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  Kim Sun Jul 30, 2017 7:41 am

Yeah, this exists on different levels.  I've had, in my family, several examples of losers who found every day work to be below their station in life.

When roped into family gatherings, I was often cornered by these poor idiots.  I found their references to my 'luck' to be highly insulting, to be followed by insinuations that because of it, I should be open to 'helping' family members.  I stayed polite, only because my mom, a 'peace at any cost' personality, asked me to be nice to them.

My true 'luck' is that their life styles have lead to a considerable thinning of their numbers over the past decade or so.

I do support several charities that haven't been yet found corrupt...but would submit that ANY American that has actually worked for what they have, has ALREADY made incredibly generous donations via government confiscation to both those who deserve help, and the legions of human ticks that hide among them.

Venting Kim

Last edited by Kim on Sun Jul 30, 2017 9:29 am; edited 1 time in total
Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  akjgardner Sun Jul 30, 2017 8:51 am

WOW KIM, You Took the words right out of my mouth, It was like I was writing that myself. Greenie for you buddy.
akjgardner
akjgardner
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox Sun Jul 30, 2017 2:47 pm

The human parable. Likens to - Do you give a needy person a fish or a fishing pole. There is an argument on both sides of the issue. I could write paragraphs and never touch the deepest meanings. Maybe that's why human kind has this issue now and always will. Some do, some don't. Some will, some never will.

Bob

rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  fredvon4 Sun Jul 30, 2017 3:54 pm

With some few exceptions, I see every day, on many forums and other venues, absolute selfish and very short sighted idiots

I tend to think wife and I are super giving and very compassionate folk...relative to all the give me your stuff users that our society has fostered

We actually could give a lot more, but have slowly started a family first attitude that is biased to preservation of capitol

Nether of us ever asked for a hand up or out---- but in life we did receive some form of hand UP in our younger years

Part now of our deep desire to actually look for ways to "pay it forward"

I had to restrict OUR family viewing of TV news and politics . We now mostly record shows we like, so I can deliberately skip past commercials...neither of us know who is running the country right now (congress, senate, cabinet positions)

5 years ago I could tell you every one of the 525, what state, what party, voting record
The entire Senate and State department
The entire last 50 years of Supreme Court justices and quote about 35 land mark cases

Hell I knew every little nuance of all the state department folks cuz I grew up with so many of them

As I write this, I have no earthy clue who Trump's primary Cabinet members are and sadly I do not care

We both were so prone to great anger, after twenty plus years of service to our nation, to witness the de evolution of this great nation...blood pressure up, ranting at the TV, powerless to change a damned thing, own relatives alienated due to extreme differing political view points

We simply had to bail for mental health reasons

Deep deep seeded anger and frustration was very seriously impacting each of our otherwise healthy life styles

I still stop and give a $5 to the numb nuts with the "Why Lie, I need beer" sign on my way to Lowe's

In the Lowes parking lot, when I am assaulted by the Sad Sack with a dog and wife and kid claiming their car broke down and they are trying to get to the next town... I whip out my wallet and ask if they can take my Debit card...I do not carry cash... I do not ever believe them ---and Have zero compassion

AND THAT MY Friends seriously bothers me!!!

It is a problem, a very serious problem, when 100 out of every 500 sad sack folks are on the scam

We still have those 400 that truly got F....ked, perhaps are just stupid, ignorant, mentally deficient, handicapped, fell through the gvmnt cracks and could actually use a brief hand UP

EVERY time I ignore the Supposed VET in a Dirty field jacket on the street corner begging... I can not help mentally arguing with my self whether he is or is not truly in need,,,, and I usually assuage my guilt by getting so very angry at the selfish assholes in our society that scam the game and make me so calloused as to not want to help ANY of them

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Way back when I was just a kid throwing news papers for the San Fran Chronicle and the Oakland Tribune, there was a columnist named Herb Cain who in the early 70s wrote a lot like George Will (complicated English word but accurate) or Cal Thomas--- (with very good alteration of cause and effect logic that was very damned self evident to any man (woman) with any common sense and basic understanding of human motivation)
Maslov's Hierarchy of needs a class I think I had in the 9th grade.

Any way, the bay area political problem of the year was Ceaser Chavez and the demand for the State to provide basic schooling, health care, and housing for the proportionally smallish migrant Farm workers

Liberals bought into the "it's only fair argument" based on a lot of exaggerated horrible living conditions ( it was terrible) IMO the state did need to set some standard for the corporate and private employers. Just to ensure the abuses that were observed could not freely without consequence happen

Of course the State of California proposed a significant tax increase to PROVIDE free health and schooling to the migrants (non US citizens) and only modest demands on the employers to provide safe housing

Columnist Herb Cain wrote a pretty well documented Op-ED with historical based examples---- of what we now call a "slippery slope argument" and he was soundly chastised and pilloried by the Political elite of California and more Liberal news sources like LA times....

Unfortunately in this country we refuse to READ ( and comprehend) history and LEARN from it

I can now look back 35 years and see that EXACTLY what Herb Cain cautioned about---- came 100% true

fredvon4
fredvon4
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Today's lesson in irony Empty RE: today's lesson in Irony

Post  66 Malibu Sun Jul 30, 2017 7:51 pm

What's missing in Rod's original assertion and other comments is that the situation would drastically change if the bears, deer, coyotes, and other wildlife could possibly vote.
In a week all National Parks and Public lands in the U.S. would have noisy low level C-130 flights weekly.
It would be raining glazed donuts, cinnamon buns, apples, and fresh corn!!!!
The next week the lame stream media would declare that an end of the world animal famine has been avoided and all the baby critters will be saved !!
The next week a genius Silicone Valley startup company, with a $50MM government grant, would introduce a way to insert a silicon id chip in each animal so they could quietly score cigarettes, cheap beer, and lottery tickets !!!!!
Then the Congress would pass a bill to fund " The Emergency Wildlife Food Distribution Plan" until the Sun Burns Out !!!!!!!!!

Funny that Fred mentioned panhandlers advertised as Veterans in that an hour before this entry my Wife and I saw one at very busy intersection and she "I'll bet he scores $200 a day!". I would guess a drinking problem from what saw....
Although, I did drop some cash in a panhandlers box at Ghiradelli Square in San Francisco because his sign read " I won't lie ..This is Budweiser Money ..." At least he was honest unlike the unbelievable aggressive mob of many hundreds of panhandlers in SF !!!!

Steve...................
66 Malibu
66 Malibu
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down