Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register! Guests are limited to posting in the "General Questions (Guest Posting Allowed)" section only. Becoming a member is fast, easy and FREE!

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Cox Engine of The Month
July-2017
Mark Boesen's

Nice original Babe Bee from a Super Cub 105, late fifties.

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Tach Race 2017 Updates
Ready for Tach Race 2017?
Profile Scale Reed Speed
Gallery

Win This Engine!
The Traveling Prop
World of Aviation

Got Followed Home Today....

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Got Followed Home Today....

Post  NEW222 on Tue Aug 01, 2017 6:59 pm

Ok. So I had something follow me home today. Found it locally online and when I saw the picture and price, well.... It needed a new home. I am very happy with my 40 FSR, so thought it needed a little brother. Anyways, this is it just how I picked it up. It now needs a good cleaning as it has a bit of green stuff all over the carburetor and areas.

NEW222
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Got Followed Home Today....

Post  roddie on Tue Aug 01, 2017 7:57 pm

Well.. that's very cool Chancey! Do you have any models in mind for it? It looks like new!
roddie
Top Poster
Top Poster

View user profile http://www.stilburnin.com

Back to top Go down

Post  NEW222 on Tue Aug 01, 2017 8:35 pm

Looks to honestly be in good shape overall. It had been run for sure, but in my opinion not stored well with the castor stuck carb, and teh green residue. But I do agree that it probably has low run time. As for model planned for it, no. I am very honestly considering another airboat for this one. I will attach one of my FSR 40 on my big airboat. Maybe a Mini-Me.....
NEW222
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  NEW222 on Tue Aug 01, 2017 9:11 pm

Just another update. After posting this on another site, I was told to check for peeling liner. So, I remove the exhaust, and wow! This thing is DIRTY inside. Crud build-up everywhere. So, I did remove the head, backplate so I can give it a good antifreeze bath and be able to blow it out. I do not know how to remove the piston and cylinder liner, so I will clean it as is and see how it looks after. This is just so I do not ruin something by trying. Anyways, I will be doing this hopefully tomorrow, but with a busy week, I may not get to it till after the long weekend. I will post updates as I go along. However, I will clean the carburetor seperately in a bath of fuel so I do not have to dismantle teh thing as it is set to run as it sits.
NEW222
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  roddie on Tue Aug 01, 2017 10:10 pm

How CoOoL!! I LoOoVe airboats! I'd love to see a plan on a hull...
roddie
Top Poster
Top Poster

View user profile http://www.stilburnin.com

Back to top Go down

Post  NEW222 on Tue Aug 01, 2017 10:46 pm

You want the plans for this one? I have them saved before my computer crashed. Just may have to bear with me for a day. All 1/8" ply, some parts doubled, but strong!
NEW222
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  NEW222 on Tue Aug 01, 2017 10:52 pm

Plus I gots me a smaller one too. ......

https://servimg.com/view/17063256/91

NEW222
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  getback on Wed Aug 02, 2017 10:12 am

Nice looking engine man !! After you boil it the liner may come out on its on , The carb. settings can be saved for future reference , but i feel sure you will have to take the needle out to get the spray bar cleaned . Very Happy
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Little Update 03-08-17

Post  NEW222 on Thu Aug 03, 2017 5:13 pm

Here is just a little update as of current. The engine minus the carb are now in the slow cooker.... Will keep this updated as I go along. Also to mention, carburetor was bathed in a glass of nitro fuel overnight and cleaned the other evening.
NEW222
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  NEW222 on Thu Aug 03, 2017 7:17 pm

Ok. So I boiled this thing and as it was going along, I was able to remove the piston and liner from the engine. Soaked it again for a bit and cleaned everything off, blew it out and wiped it off. I brought it back inside and added a drop of oil here and there as I assembled it. I made a new backplate gasket with heavy paper made for wrapping parcels to ship. For tightening things as I did not have the propper hex keys here with me, I used the appropriate size Torx screwdriver. I went around clockwise to snug everything up. After that was done, I went around in small increments and tightened it all in a criss cross fashion. Now I cannot believe the compression this thing has now. It is almost scary! Hopefully I will have a chance to run it tomorrow, but realistically it will be next week. But at least it is all back together now. Just thought I would share this update with you all for now. More to come.....
NEW222
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  MauricioB on Thu Aug 03, 2017 10:03 pm

NEW222 wrote:Ok. So I had something follow me home today. Found it locally online and when I saw the picture and price, well.... It needed a new home. I am very happy with my 40 FSR, so thought it needed a little brother. Anyways, this is it just how I picked it up. It now needs a good cleaning as it has a bit of green stuff all over the carburetor and areas.

The .25 FSR OS is a very powerful engine, I hope you enjoy it a lot.
It just has appeared here in a sale of my country a new one in its box ... I look at it with affection! Haha .... but I'm still thinking about smaller models and the Cox! ... although it's tempting !! Very Happy
MauricioB
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top