Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register! Guests are limited to posting in the "General Questions (Guest Posting Allowed)" section only. Becoming a member is fast, easy and FREE!


Log in

I forgot my password

Search
 
 

Display results as :
 


Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Laying off building planes for a while.
by batjac Today at 2:35 am

» WTB driven gear(s)
by Jason_WI Yesterday at 11:28 pm

» Hey BOB, there's a market for your Enya's
by GallopingGhostler Yesterday at 10:44 pm

» Cox P-40 Parts
by crankbndr Yesterday at 7:05 pm

» 5 Sure Start Engine Radial
by getback Yesterday at 10:04 am

» Cox .01 /.02 /.05 Engines & Mods / Nano Speed Planes
by 1/2A Nut Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:32 pm

» High Performance Cox tools by Bob Oge
by roddie Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:08 pm

» Recent engine acquisitions
by KariFS Fri Oct 19, 2018 4:37 pm

» Shuriken cylinder with piston for sale
by ukanduit Fri Oct 19, 2018 3:07 pm

» Sterling 36-inch RTF CL P-51 Mustang w/Cox .15 Sportsman
by Ken Cook Fri Oct 19, 2018 2:42 pm

Cox Engine of The Month
October-2018
Mudhen's

"Prototype T.D. .010 c.1960"



PAST WINNERS
Speed Contest 2018
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
The Traveling Prop
Gallery


World of Aviation

Needle valves?

Go down

Needle valves?

Post  Ivanhoe on Tue Jan 10, 2012 1:28 pm

Does anyone know where I might get replacement needles for these backplates?



A needle from a SureStart fits the black one, but doesn't work properly, engine runs rich, and any attempt to lean it out makes it cut. The red backplate has a smaller diameter thread, SureStart needle won't screw in (this engine hasn't been restored yet).

Any help would be much appreciated.

Wilf
avatar
Ivanhoe
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Posts : 1752
Join date : 2011-09-30
Location : Northern Ireland

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Needle valves?

Post  nitroairplane on Tue Jan 10, 2012 1:31 pm

I have one of those.
I is finer thread you may use a killer bee or medallion needle valve.
avatar
nitroairplane
Top Poster
Top Poster

Posts : 6956
Join date : 2011-04-11
Location : London

View user profile http://modeldieselengines.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Needle valves?

Post  microflitedude on Tue Jan 10, 2012 1:46 pm

You'll need a couple of these - http://coxengines.ca/product.php?productid=412&cat=6&page=1

For the black one - http://coxengines.ca/product.php?productid=410&cat=0&page=1

Maybe the red one too, not sure.
avatar
microflitedude
Top Poster
Top Poster

Trusted Seller
I Support My Forum

Posts : 3417
Join date : 2011-08-17
Age : 20
Location : Columbia, SC

View user profile https://www.facebook.com/MiniCub?fref=ts

Back to top Go down

Re: Needle valves?

Post  Ivanhoe on Tue Jan 10, 2012 3:04 pm

microflitedude wrote:You'll need a couple of these - http://coxengines.ca/product.php?productid=412&cat=6&page=1

For the black one - http://coxengines.ca/product.php?productid=410&cat=0&page=1

Maybe the red one too, not sure.

Where do those seals fit, over the spraybar at the needle end?
avatar
Ivanhoe
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Posts : 1752
Join date : 2011-09-30
Location : Northern Ireland

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Needle valves?

Post  microflitedude on Tue Jan 10, 2012 3:05 pm

Ivanhoe wrote:
microflitedude wrote:You'll need a couple of these - http://coxengines.ca/product.php?productid=412&cat=6&page=1

For the black one - http://coxengines.ca/product.php?productid=410&cat=0&page=1

Maybe the red one too, not sure.

Where do those seals fit, over the spraybar at the needle end?

Yes. The tops of the spray bar,needle seat.
avatar
microflitedude
Top Poster
Top Poster

Trusted Seller
I Support My Forum

Posts : 3417
Join date : 2011-08-17
Age : 20
Location : Columbia, SC

View user profile https://www.facebook.com/MiniCub?fref=ts

Back to top Go down

Re: Needle valves?

Post  RknRusty on Wed Jan 11, 2012 8:50 pm

Some needles have a different taper than others, but the same threads. That applies to the black plate. The red "Postage Stamp" product engine plate has a 124 TPI fine thread like the Texas Timers NVs. Neither the stock KB or Medallion is a fine thread.

Click the needle valves button on the left to buy a fine thread one for the red backplate. They are $5 each at http://texastimers.com/

_________________
Don't Panic!
...and never Ever think about how good you are at something...
while you're doing it!


My Hot Rock & Blues Playlist
avatar
RknRusty
Moderator

Posts : 10630
Join date : 2011-08-10
Age : 62
Location : South Carolina, USA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Needle valves?

Post  Ivanhoe on Thu Jan 12, 2012 4:30 am

RknRusty wrote:Some needles have a different taper than others, but the same threads. That applies to the black plate. The red "Postage Stamp" product engine plate has a 124 TPI fine thread like the Texas Timers NVs. Neither the stock KB or Medallion is a fine thread.

Click the needle valves button on the left to buy a fine thread one for the red backplate. They are $5 each at http://texastimers.com/

Thanks Rusty, I'll give them a try
avatar
Ivanhoe
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Posts : 1752
Join date : 2011-09-30
Location : Northern Ireland

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Needle valves?

Post  Mike1484 on Sat Jan 14, 2012 9:28 pm

The needles are 128 threads per inch, not 124.

Mike1484
avatar
Mike1484
Silver Member
Silver Member

Posts : 72
Join date : 2011-10-28
Location : Northern Ohio

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Needle valves?

Post  RknRusty on Sat Jan 14, 2012 10:17 pm

Mike1484 wrote: The needles are 128 threads per inch, not 124.

Mike1484
Oops,Yep, so they are. I've made that slip before. Hopefully there's no such thing since I go around saying that. Thanks for the correction.

_________________
Don't Panic!
...and never Ever think about how good you are at something...
while you're doing it!


My Hot Rock & Blues Playlist
avatar
RknRusty
Moderator

Posts : 10630
Join date : 2011-08-10
Age : 62
Location : South Carolina, USA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Needle valves?

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum