Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

Bob Seger Concert Cox_ba12

Bob Seger Concert Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Another of C.T. engines cleaned ---- Cox Tee Dee .09 --- Just today (3/26/2024) more Cox parts
by Yabby Today at 6:19 am

» STUKA bomb dimentions needed
by latole Today at 5:44 am

» Indexing COX cylinders
by balogh Today at 1:10 am

» 1/2a Skyray plans?
by 944_Jim Yesterday at 10:14 pm

» Postage stamp backplates
by JPvelo Yesterday at 8:52 pm

» my attempt at making an exhaust throttle for Cox .049
by roddie Yesterday at 8:20 pm

» Cosmic Winds, - Big Guy, Little Guys, Silver Guy and Wounded Guy.
by rsv1cox Yesterday at 5:18 pm

» My friend Ramón, his Cox .09 & Cox .010
by MauricioB Yesterday at 12:31 pm

» Introducing our Cox .049 TD Engines
by Cox International Yesterday at 12:27 pm

» Parts Cox TD-4
by rsv1cox Yesterday at 8:40 am

» On ebay a very special Cox engine
by davidll1984 Yesterday at 6:32 am

» Introducing the new - "QZ" RR-1
by Admin Yesterday at 12:51 am

Cox Engine of The Month
March-2024
balogh's

"COX Budapest" .049 engine

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

Bob Seger Concert Empty
Live on Patrol

Bob Seger Concert

Go down

Bob Seger Concert Empty Bob Seger Concert

Post  akjgardner Sun Sep 03, 2017 2:25 pm

Went and saw Bob Seger in concert last night.Man , what a performer, Not to mention singer and song writer, If ya'll get the chance to go see him in your area , I highly recommend it, I think this might be his last tour, He is 72 and sounded as good as he did 45 years ago.
akjgardner
akjgardner
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Bob Seger Concert Empty Re: Bob Seger Concert

Post  Admin Sun Sep 03, 2017 2:55 pm

I just saw Foghat last night, they still had it too. They performed their Foghat Live album, a few new tunes and a few Savoy Brown tunes. Great concert, you could tell they wanted to be there. I suggest you see them at some point before they hang it up.

Last Thursday I saw Tanya Tucker and last Tuesday I saw John Mellencamp with Carlene Carter opening.

Tanya Tucker was pretty good, she performed hits such as What's Your Mama's Name? and Delta Dawn, as well as some new songs. Her band was great.

John Mellencamp was pretty damn good as well. Took him over an half an hour to get out on stage after the opening act LOL but, I'd see him too if you get the chance. He played a few new songs, as well as his old hits such as Hurts So Good, Jack & Diane, Pink Houses, and Small Town.

All at the Minnesota State Fair (which I live a few miles away from). Both Foghat and Tanya Tucker were at the Leinie Lodge Bandshell *FREE* stage. Mellencamp was at the Grandstand.

Admin
Admin
Administrator

http://sites.google.com/site/coxenginecollection/

Back to top Go down

Post  fredvon4 Sun Sep 03, 2017 3:08 pm

I know what you mean

Not really a Bob Segre fan but it was like 1988 that I first saw Tina Turner for real--- and then later in Augsburg Germany met her face to face as she did an impromptu performance at a local bar she tried to hide in

Over all my years I have NOT been to as many concerts as I had opportunity to attend

And that is my loss now as more and more of the (IMO) really great artists are crapping out

I am some what of an anomaly for my age group...in that I do NOT hero worship or in any way elevate any performer above other citizen status... I mean ...Yes I can readily acknowledge great talent and appreciate it

BUT as an example... Jim Hendrix is no more a greater human that my own local volunteer fireman...hope this makes sense
I am always astounded at today's society and their propensity to think today's TV stars are real deep thinkers and worth or hero worship or emulating...

Bevis and Butt-head, family guy, archer, Chrisly, and way too many other to type out are examples of popular becaus our basic society has been programmed to think celebrities are special...

Screw that--- I am special, as are my kids, and mostly my wife...and I think of all my CEF friends as on the same level

OK now, I will go back to my regularly scheduled nip of Jack and ...OH well you get the idea

fredvon4
fredvon4
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  roddie Sun Sep 03, 2017 4:49 pm

fredvon4 wrote:I know what you mean

Not really a Bob Segre fan but it was like 1988 that I first saw Tina Turner for real--- and then later in Augsburg Germany met her face to face as she did an impromptu performance at a local bar she tried to hide in

Over all my years I have NOT been to as many concerts as I had opportunity to attend

And that is my loss now as more and more of the (IMO) really great artists are crapping out

I am some what of an anomaly for my age group...in that I do NOT hero worship or in any way elevate any performer above other citizen status... I mean ...Yes I can readily acknowledge great talent and appreciate it

BUT as an example... Jim Hendrix is no more a greater human that my own local volunteer fireman...hope this makes sense
I am always astounded at today's society and their propensity to think today's TV stars are real deep thinkers and worth or hero worship or emulating...

Bevis and Butt-head, family guy, archer, Chrisly, and way too many other to type out are examples of popular becaus our basic society has been programmed to think celebrities are special...

Screw that--- I am special, as are my kids, and mostly my wife...and I think of all my CEF friends as on the same level

OK now, I will go back to my regularly scheduled nip of Jack and ...OH well you get the idea

Well-stated Phred. I appreciate talent.. but being a life-long musician myself; I know "less" than most people, about any particular artist or band. Believe it or not.. I'm hard-pressed to name all the musicians in most bands other than the Beatles! Laughing That's a bit embarrassing.. Embarassed I'm the same way concerning the major sports; be it football, baseball, basketball... or whatever.

When it comes to "bands".. I was heavily influenced by the "Eagles".. but only recently have known about their actual "history".. through watching documentaries.
roddie
roddie
Top Poster
Top Poster

http://www.stilburnin.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Cribbs74 Mon Sep 04, 2017 12:29 am

Glad you enjoyed the performance. Not a Seger fan, couldn't recognise with his sound. I do appreciate his talent though and generally don't turn the station when he comes on. Most importantly you have to respect a guy who still takes to the stage at 72 years old. Good memories for you most assuredly.

Rock on Mr. Seger!
Cribbs74
Cribbs74

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Cribbs74 Mon Sep 04, 2017 12:35 am

roddie wrote:
fredvon4 wrote:I know what you mean

Well-stated Phred. I appreciate talent.. but being a life-long musician myself; I know "less" than most people, about any particular artist or band. Believe it or not.. I'm hard-pressed to name all the musicians in most bands other than the Beatles! Laughing That's a bit embarrassing.. Embarassed I'm the same way concerning the major sports; be it football, baseball, basketball... or whatever.

When it comes to "bands".. I was heavily influenced by the "Eagles".. but only recently have known about their actual "history".. through watching documentaries.

Roddie, you really only have to know about one band. That is "The Who" they are a nice band from Sheppard's Bush London.

All kidding aside.It doesn't matter what moves you. It's internal, and can't be judged. Music is a personal thing. If Southern rock gets your blood flowing then God bless. It's all good.
Cribbs74
Cribbs74

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  crankbndr Mon Sep 04, 2017 7:16 am

AAAHHHHH NUTBUSH!!! Gotta like a band called Silver Bullet!!!
crankbndr
crankbndr
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  getback Mon Sep 04, 2017 10:06 am

Yea , seen Bob Seger back in the 70s outside concert was Great !! In July this year son and i went to see Roger Waters in Greensboro NC . It was Very good to bad not Pink Floyd But as close as we will ever get and they're touring in the states just wasn't happening !! A pic from my small stoy away camera Bob Seger Concert Roger_11
Bob Seger Concert Roger_10 From Youtube ,,, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M-z-3KTgLPM Very Happy This Site Rocks! Very Happy
getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: