Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

I can't believe I finally own one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Cox_ba12

I can't believe I finally own one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» my attempt at making an exhaust throttle for Cox .049
by balogh Today at 12:07 am

» Testers Sprite engine swap
by Greenman38633 Yesterday at 9:32 pm

» Elfin 0.5cc (Arnie Hende replica)
by dan vincent Yesterday at 9:18 pm

» Introducing our Cox .049 TD Engines
by layback209 Yesterday at 9:10 pm

» Anderson Baby Spitfire - looking for the aft tank and gasket
by Boats13 Yesterday at 8:18 pm

» Fuel residue stain clening help
by akjgardner Yesterday at 7:53 pm

» Another of C.T. engines cleaned ---- Cox Tee Dee .09 --- Just today (3/26/2024) more Cox parts
by sosam117 Yesterday at 5:55 pm

» Cox powered boat litle shrimp hidroplane
by davidll1984 Yesterday at 2:52 pm

» Introducing the new - "QZ" RR-1
by roddie Yesterday at 1:08 pm

» STUKA bomb dimentions needed
by latole Yesterday at 9:36 am

» Indexing COX cylinders
by davidll1984 Yesterday at 7:56 am

» 1/2a Skyray plans?
by 944_Jim Wed Mar 27, 2024 10:14 pm

Cox Engine of The Month
March-2024
balogh's

"COX Budapest" .049 engine

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

I can't believe I finally own one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Empty
Live on Patrol

I can't believe I finally own one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Go down

I can't believe I finally own one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Empty I can't believe I finally own one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post  duke.johnson Fri Sep 15, 2017 10:38 am

I've been very busy doing life as most, and have not been on CEF much.  I fly so little anymore (RC, CL, or FF), I really should sell everything airplane related item I own. BUT, That'll never happen.

So..... I saw an ebay notification on my iphone as I about to fall asleep a couple days ago.  It was a reminder to bid on a Tee Dee .010. Well, as always, I would bid $75 and let the card fall where they will.  But I noticed the bid was up in 9min., and I waited up for the SNIPE. And to my surprise, I won!!!!!!!!!
I can't believe I finally own one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Cox_0110
duke.johnson
duke.johnson
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

I can't believe I finally own one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Empty Re: I can't believe I finally own one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post  duke.johnson Fri Sep 15, 2017 3:02 pm

What % nitro do the .010's like?
duke.johnson
duke.johnson
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

I can't believe I finally own one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Empty Re: I can't believe I finally own one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post  batjac Fri Sep 15, 2017 3:03 pm

duke.johnson wrote:What % nitro do the .010's like?

Go as high as you got. I run mine on 35%.

The Maxed Out Mark
batjac
batjac
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  MauricioB Fri Sep 15, 2017 3:25 pm

duke.johnson wrote:I've been very busy doing life as most, and have not been on CEF much.  I fly so little anymore (RC, CL, or FF), I really should sell everything airplane related item I own. BUT, That'll never happen.

So..... I saw an ebay notification on my iphone as I about to fall asleep a couple days ago.  It was a reminder to bid on a Tee Dee .010. Well, as always, I would bid $75 and let the card fall where they will.  But I noticed the bid was up in 9min., and I waited up for the SNIPE. And to my surprise, I won!!!!!!!!!
I can't believe I finally own one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Cox_0110

Congratulations, it's a beautiful engine.
The mix I use in the video I leave here is:
20% Ricino
25% Nitro
Other Methanol
It works very well without very reliable drawbacks !, I hope you serve.

Here another video without background music so you can better appreciate the performance of the Cox 010:
MauricioB
MauricioB
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  duke.johnson Fri Sep 15, 2017 3:49 pm

Thanks. I have a little 50% I run in my 020 free flight models. I see if I have enough head gaskets to try that.
duke.johnson
duke.johnson
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  roddie Sat Sep 16, 2017 10:37 am

Good to hear from you Duke! It's been quite a while.. Congratulations on finding the engine!
roddie
roddie
Top Poster
Top Poster

http://www.stilburnin.com

Back to top Go down

Post  duke.johnson Sat Sep 16, 2017 10:49 am

Thanks Roddie. I need to retire so I can play more. I've missed this forum.
duke.johnson
duke.johnson
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  akjgardner Sat Sep 16, 2017 11:07 am

Congrats on Finding that little engine , Have fun with it
akjgardner
akjgardner
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  fredvon4 Sat Sep 16, 2017 11:53 am

Duke... 50%N for the .010?.... have you priced the glow heads yet?

Still waiting for the traveling .010 engine as I have never actually seen touched one yet

Way back a few years, a guy gave me a very small cox engine... the size* made me think it was the probably the smallest practical running engine

Ron Cribbs schooled me it was really a .020... man I thought is was sure dinky

Since I have learned a lot at a fast rate and did actually hold one of Ron Valentine's micro Diesels a buddy had

* not real sure in my early years of modeling how I was not even aware of anything smaller than a .049 or for that matter bigger than a .35

Base PX systems over seas or the Sears catalog seemed to focus on the normal RTF toys

Off thought...I think a display of flying Ring Masters from nano .010 up to Fox .40 would be an interesting and fun project
Yes Virginia...we could get crazy and add 10 more in steps up to Radial engine 1.20 100" WS monster
fredvon4
fredvon4
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  duke.johnson Sat Sep 16, 2017 12:02 pm

Fred!! Good to hear from you my friend. I have 25% sig, 35% sig, and 50% from a fellow free flighter. I'll probably start with 25% and see how it goes. I have ran a few contest with 50% in the 020 without burning up a head. But I don't know how the 010 will like it. I'm thinking I only have 2-3 head gaskets right now. I'll have to get more.

Side note Fred. Did you make it to Bladder Grabber?
duke.johnson
duke.johnson
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  fredvon4 Sat Sep 16, 2017 12:43 pm

Not this year Brother but the 40th is next year and I have tentative plans to save for the trip

My biggest problem is the guy I had asked your to help with last year... I got burned so bad I am having a hard time being quiet

I really do not want to the second guy from Texas to come cause a lot of grief at the BG

Enough of that... if I do come up... you attending BG or not, I would love to contact you and go have a beer and BS for a bit

BTW way YOU know there are a lot of us on CEF that got real jazzed with the para drop action figure... BUT I got bad sticker shock for some of the commercial stuff

BUT I would like to see more about that fun looking "sport"??
fredvon4
fredvon4
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  smooth_bill Sat Sep 16, 2017 2:03 pm

Fred,

Our Holloman AFB BX carried a small amount of model stuff, but one afternoon on the way home I stopped there, and found a shopping cart full of model stuff, with a SALE sign on the cart. I picked through it and found only five engines, 3 Cox Babe Bees, and 2 Cox Pee Wees. I bought them all at a steal, and still have a new (on card) Pee Wee in my meager collection. The BB's were marked down to $1.75 each, and the PW's to $1.35 each! I know they had a couple of cards of each on the wall on my previous BX visit, but someone must have beat me to them.

I flew 1 of the BB's on a Baby Flight Streak, and kept 1 PW, but gave the rest of those engines away. Haven't found another bargain like that to this day!

Bill
smooth_bill
smooth_bill
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  duke.johnson Sat Sep 16, 2017 4:16 pm

Fred. I love to meet up again and would love an ice cold beer. I have not made it to the last two Grabbers. I've moved my daughter to college that weekend the last two years. I'll pm you to get caught up
duke.johnson
duke.johnson
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  getback Sun Sep 17, 2017 9:48 am

Good to hear from you Duke ! Those .010 TDs are small no doubt , i got one and the parts to do all the repairs needed but haven't taken the time to do it (( a little scared that i will destroy something ) getting it freed up Rolling Eyes Yes the parachute contest was very cool stuff BUT , as Fred said pretty pricy Smoking
getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  duke.johnson Sun Sep 17, 2017 5:01 pm

The jumpers aren't to bad. Worse part is rhe $150-$200 chute. Well worth the fun
duke.johnson
duke.johnson
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  fredvon4 Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:33 am

Just spent a unsuccessful couple of Google hours to find most of the RC jumper suppliers are no longer

in Case new folks have no clue what we are yammering about

Check out El Duque

looks like a lot of fun

https://www.coxengineforum.com/t9359-it-s-an-action-figure
fredvon4
fredvon4
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  duke.johnson Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:43 am

I'm trying to get some websites and info gathered for you.
duke.johnson
duke.johnson
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  fredvon4 Mon Sep 18, 2017 12:58 pm

I did a lot of searching around and went back and forth a few times to look at the Hobby King para sail

What I surmise is the HK sail is a $17 repair part for a powered para glider and does not really function like a steerable ParaChute does

The initial hint you gave us for the RC guy is now dead but the products pages still come up as archive...I have not tried the contact us link
Soloman I can not waste time with; as there are a few RC groups threads in 2015 where folks paid the deposit for a 4 to 6 month wait and never did get the product

there is one in South Afrika and anther in Germany but neither have any prices

I may just get one of the ridiculously cheap HK chutes and make up a Rat Fink soldier for a static display in my shop

fredvon4
fredvon4
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  roddie Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:13 am

Of course.. one could always devise a simple drop-mechanism.. for a "party-toy" paratrooper.. Shocked

I got these for a dollar or two at the supermarket..

I can't believe I finally own one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Paratr10
I can't believe I finally own one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Paratr11

Just for fun.. you know?
roddie
roddie
Top Poster
Top Poster

http://www.stilburnin.com

Back to top Go down

Post  duke.johnson Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:19 am

We've done this with control line planes. By rigging a bomb drop to trap door and connecting it to the elevator. We have also dropped candy at fly ins.
duke.johnson
duke.johnson
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Ken Cook Tue Sep 19, 2017 3:21 pm

I've hooked up the paratroopers to many planes. Even to this day I still think it's cool. I use a piece of wire soldered to the pushrod so when I give it full up elevator it pushes the jumper off of the side of the fuse. I retain him with a paper clip like mechanism.
Ken Cook
Ken Cook
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  duke.johnson Tue Sep 19, 2017 4:15 pm

Yep. Same idea
duke.johnson
duke.johnson
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Tee Bee Fri Sep 22, 2017 2:57 pm

I still run TD .010s and .020s and always use Sig Champion 25 fuel with good results. I buy it in quart bottles and add an extra 1.5oz of Klotz castor oil to each one for good measure. This fuel mix is adequate for all of my Cox engines in all sizes and flavors. I'm not seeking max performance from my engines, just having a general good time horsing around without wearing them out excessively fast. My .010s start and run fine on that mix. Hope this helps.
Tee Bee
Tee Bee
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

Post  duke.johnson Fri Sep 22, 2017 3:19 pm

I use sig champion fuel also and don't add extra castor. I haven't burned one up yet. But maybe I'm lucky. My 020 only runs for 9 seconds max at a time in free flight though.
duke.johnson
duke.johnson
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down