Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register! Guests are limited to posting in the "General Questions (Guest Posting Allowed)" section only. Becoming a member is fast, easy and FREE!

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Mattel's Hot Wheels fans, a heads-up
by Davenz13 Today at 12:46 am

» Cox International Diesel
by coxaddict Today at 12:21 am

» WOW They came!!!!
by 944_Jim Yesterday at 11:46 pm

» coping plans
by Dave P. Yesterday at 11:45 pm

» QRC Style Muffler
by GallopingGhostler Yesterday at 11:36 pm

» Large Cox Parts Lot
by batjac Yesterday at 9:17 pm

» Got it!............... :)
by NEW222 Yesterday at 6:31 pm

» "Birth of the Pee Wee" Product Ad and Engine Review Model Airplane News February 1958
by NEW222 Yesterday at 6:27 pm

» Action van disks
by Liquidice Yesterday at 5:32 pm

» Look what followed me home
by GallopingGhostler Yesterday at 3:56 pm

Cox Engine of The Month
November-2018
1/2A Nut's

"Speedy Teedy .020"

PAST WINNERS
Speed Contest 2018
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
The Traveling Prop
Gallery

World of Aviation

1965 Mustang - Starting all over again

Go down

1965 Mustang - Starting all over again

Post  rsv1cox on Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:57 am

Some might remember my thread about my son's 1965 Mustang crushed in an accident while being transported from Colorado to West Virginia.  A hand built Mustang GT that he put together from a body shell.  Everything cherry picked from the best trim to the smallest nut and bolt.  His wife's convertible too crushed in the same accident.  Both now long gone in an insurance settlement.

Well it's Deja Vu.  Constantly looking for a replacement he found this 1965 "A" code (the one you want) "fastback" 225hp and manual transmission body shell just like his other Mustang, but this one with all parts mostly new OEM Ford including the "Rally Pac" necessary to put it back together.  He will be busy, there is nothing inside the car except a temporary seat.

Last edited by rsv1cox on Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:20 am; edited 1 time in total
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 1965 Mustang - Starting all over again

Post  crankbndr on Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:18 am

Love those old fastbacks, did they have a badge that said 2+2 or am I remembering wrong?
If I had one I would want to upgrade the suspension and drop a Coyote in it, Ive got a Coyote 302 and love it.

crankbndr
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

I Support My Forum

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  roddie on Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:42 am

Looking back at those wreck-photos still makes we wince... Crying or Very sad
roddie
Top Poster
Top Poster

View user profile http://www.stilburnin.com

Back to top Go down

Post  fredvon4 on Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:43 pm

Roddie...ME TOO!

My first mustang was a used 67 Shelby 2+2 302 Fast back in white

I have done my own, and helped a bunch of deep deep resurrections of muscle car stuff decades ago

When Bob first posted the crash damage of those cars...and then described what they were... I was physically ill

Insurance bucks cannot, nor ever will, compensate for the hundreds or thousands of labor hours

New project will be fun to watch if Bob will document the progress

fredvon4
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Trusted Seller

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox on Tue Oct 17, 2017 5:14 pm

Yes, it's wasn't a good time for the younger set.  But, no one was hurt in the accident and replacements can be had, just don't tell them that.  They would much rather have the originals.  

Me?  I restored this Corvette from a neglected wreck with a frame that was rusted in half that required a complete replacement.  Took me nearly six years.  I let it go a quarter century ago and never missed it.....until I resurrected these pictures... Sad

Suffer me guys that have seen these before.....For the newbies here. Smile

Sad Sad - Bob
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Oldenginerod on Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:58 pm

Bob.
I'm intrigued by the Corvette's license plate frame.  "Corvettes by GM Down Under".  Is that a reference to our southern hemisphere haven or am I just being a little indulgent?

Speaking of GMs Down Under, the last Australian built GM (Holden) will roll off the assembly line on Friday.  Been building Holdens since 1948 and producing local vehicle bodies (They were originally a coachworks) since the 20s.
Global conditions mean that no mass produced vehicles will be built in Australia any longer.  Ford have gone, Toyota finished production a week ago, Chrysler/Mitsubishi dies a few years back.  The sad part is, Toyota have the most advanced factory in the world here in Melbourne, but couldn't continue production merely because the closure of Ford, GM, Chrysler have pul all local parts manufacturers out of business.  Toyota would have kept producing had there been a local parts industry still producing.

What many of you may not know is that many Americans have been driving Aussie designed and built Chevs & Pontiacs for years.
Pontiac G8 & Chevrolet SS.

and Pontiac GTO,

They also built a Chev Lumina and apparently a Buick as used by the police until GM USA put a stop to the import in favour of a locally produced car.  All sadly no longer.
Oldenginerod
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Marleysky on Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:30 pm

Oldenginerod wrote:.  

Speaking of GMs Down Under, the last Australian built GM (Holden) will roll off the assembly line on Friday.  Been building Holdens since 1948 and producing local vehicle bodies (They were originally a coachworks) since the 20s.

What many of you may not know is that many Americans have been driving Aussie designed and built Chevs & Pontiacs for years.
Pontiac G8 & Chevrolet SS.

All sadly no longer.

Friday is sad day indeed.  Was waiting for the Holden UTE to come to the US to replace my El Camino.  Don't look like that'll happen.
Gotta hand it to your Countrymen, they. sure know how to paint vehicles!!

Marleysky
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

I Support My Forum

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Oldenginerod on Wed Oct 18, 2017 2:46 am

Marleysky wrote:
Friday is sad day indeed.  Was waiting for the Holden UTE to come to the US to replace my El Camino.  Don't look like that'll happen.

All hope is not lost.
http://lefthandutes.com/
Oldenginerod
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox on Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:09 am

Yes, I know that Holden built many performance oriented for Pontiac USA many years ago, and shortly before Pontiac went belly-up with the G6/8??

The pictures I posted of the Corvette are from it's current owner in California.  The license plate and frame are a mystery to me.  A couple of years ago Mark did an internet search in hope of finding it with the idea of buying the Corvette back.  Somehow with only the year and serial # 000020 he found it but the owner won't give it up.  He emailed me and I gave him the history of the car along with many pictures of the restoration.   He paid approximately six times more than I sold it for.  Today with that serial number I would think it's worth even more.  

rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down