Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

Sig "Aerokote-Lite" Covering Cox_ba12

Sig "Aerokote-Lite" Covering Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» my attempt at making an exhaust throttle for Cox .049
by balogh Today at 12:07 am

» Testers Sprite engine swap
by Greenman38633 Yesterday at 9:32 pm

» Elfin 0.5cc (Arnie Hende replica)
by dan vincent Yesterday at 9:18 pm

» Introducing our Cox .049 TD Engines
by layback209 Yesterday at 9:10 pm

» Anderson Baby Spitfire - looking for the aft tank and gasket
by Boats13 Yesterday at 8:18 pm

» Fuel residue stain clening help
by akjgardner Yesterday at 7:53 pm

» Another of C.T. engines cleaned ---- Cox Tee Dee .09 --- Just today (3/26/2024) more Cox parts
by sosam117 Yesterday at 5:55 pm

» Cox powered boat litle shrimp hidroplane
by davidll1984 Yesterday at 2:52 pm

» Introducing the new - "QZ" RR-1
by roddie Yesterday at 1:08 pm

» STUKA bomb dimentions needed
by latole Yesterday at 9:36 am

» Indexing COX cylinders
by davidll1984 Yesterday at 7:56 am

» 1/2a Skyray plans?
by 944_Jim Wed Mar 27, 2024 10:14 pm

Cox Engine of The Month
March-2024
balogh's

"COX Budapest" .049 engine

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

Sig "Aerokote-Lite" Covering Empty
Live on Patrol

Sig "Aerokote-Lite" Covering

Go down

Sig "Aerokote-Lite" Covering Empty Sig "Aerokote-Lite" Covering

Post  RK Flyer Sun Dec 31, 2017 12:22 pm

OK....This stuff is really cheap sooo to save a few $$ ( $4.95 a roll) I ordered some but haven't used it yet. Has anyone tried it ??

RK Flyer Flying
RK Flyer
RK Flyer
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Sig "Aerokote-Lite" Covering Empty Re: Sig "Aerokote-Lite" Covering

Post  Marleysky Sun Dec 31, 2017 2:34 pm

No, I have not tried it. I’ve been looking for a light weight iron on covering for some small 1/2a models.  The thread by 1/2aNut Brad said he was using Ultracote, But I haven’t found that yet. You buy direct from Sig or on line?

I’ve a lot of regular monokoat here but think it’s too heavy for small planes.

Edit 1st google search:
RC universe
Jan 13, 2005 · 13 posts · 6 authors
I bought two rolls of the Aerokote Lite in Opaque White and transpaent green. Don't waste your money. A really poor quality product in all respects. Ultracote doesn't have to worry about competion from  ...

Last edited by Marleysky on Sun Dec 31, 2017 2:42 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : 12yo opinion on google.)
Marleysky
Marleysky
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Marleysky Sun Dec 31, 2017 2:56 pm

Well, keep reading,  everyone has an opinion ,  scroll down to #7

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/questions-answers-154/2535852-new-sig-aerokote-any-good.html

Wish I could find something more current. You think they may have made improvements in the last decade of production?

Happy New Year

Ok, read all the way to the last post:

“Wow!
That's a lot of "all caps"....anyway, I used my "free roll" of Aerokote, after reading the directions, and I didn't have anymore trouble with it than I do with Monokote.

Plus, it didn't give me a headache.”

Yes, nO, maybe.....read and follow the instructions for best results.

Last edited by Marleysky on Sun Dec 31, 2017 3:08 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Read the end!)
Marleysky
Marleysky
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  getback Mon Jan 01, 2018 9:07 am

getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Marleysky Mon Jan 01, 2018 10:07 am

Hey Thanks Eric, I found I have rolls of White and Red in my inventory I’m so forgetful, forgot I had it. All in the same drawer with Silk span, poly span, coverrite, sig supercoat, monokote, and Super Monokote! Wanted to see what was there so I don’t duplicate any color I all ready have if I buy any of that $4/roll sig stuff. I guess I was looking for something thinner and lighter than regular monokote to cover a small thin wing.

Beers
Marleysky
Marleysky
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  getback Mon Jan 01, 2018 11:36 am

Well thats a Hellofalot better deal than Hanger 9 the width is 23.5 best i can figure and length i am not sure 10m ??? Shocked Bang! Bang! What U building Brother ? Football Play
getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  RK Flyer Mon Jan 01, 2018 12:12 pm

I build for fun & don't fly anymore at 73 I get to dizzy!! I still like the 1/2A planes and small RC kits also build a lot from scratch.
The smaller planes are easy & it keeps me busy. I have a nice shop in the basement with a little heater so I can build all the time.
I am finishing up a with a wing to try the Sig stuff & I'll let you know how it works.

RK Flyer
RK Flyer
RK Flyer
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  fredvon4 Mon Jan 01, 2018 3:47 pm

I am a big fan of Phil Cartier's (core house) Super Light Covering (SLC) for the smaller models

fredvon4
fredvon4
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  roddie Mon Jan 01, 2018 5:22 pm

Hi Richard! It's good to know that you're back to building model airplanes! I was afraid that we'd permanently lost you to... Fishing

Happy New Year! Fireworks
roddie
roddie
Top Poster
Top Poster

http://www.stilburnin.com

Back to top Go down

Post  batjac Mon Jan 01, 2018 8:39 pm

RK Flyer wrote:I build for fun & don't fly anymore at 73 I get to dizzy!! I still like the 1/2A planes and small RC kits also build a lot from scratch.
The smaller planes are easy & it keeps me busy. I have a nice shop in the basement with a little heater so I can build all the time.
I am finishing up a with a wing to try the Sig stuff & I'll let you know how it works.

RK Flyer

73?!?!? When I met you over at Delta Park a couple of years ago I'd have sworn you were in your 50's... I guess all that drink over the years pickled you well. Happy New Year

The Amazed Mark
batjac
batjac
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  RK Flyer Tue Jan 02, 2018 9:57 am

Roddy.....Too darn COLD for fishing !! So I am back building planes & finishing up a few that I left on the bench!!

Mark.....Just like old book....you cant tell by its cover. Say Hello to all the guys at Delta Park. I wish there was a CL park here in Ky.

RK Flyer Airplane Airplane
RK Flyer
RK Flyer
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox Tue Jan 02, 2018 10:57 am

I revisit this thread from time to time as I'm interested in recovering one of my Sterling Nieuport 28's, the one I commented about previously that ate the old silkspan that came with the kit after only a couple of months.  I want to use something different and this Aerokote sounds interesting.  The price is right but I don't understand all this talk about a "free roll".  Looks like $4.95 a copy to me from SIG.

Thinking about olive drab after a complete de-nude of the original.  Or maybe just a patch job saving the insignias.  Don't much care anyway as this Spring I want to fly all my bucket list planes at risk and this would be one of them.  Not my original N-28 that I built and flew 40 years ago, a ceiling hanger now and a keeper.

Sig "Aerokote-Lite" Covering Planes11

Sig "Aerokote-Lite" Covering Planes12

Sig "Aerokote-Lite" Covering Planes10
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  fredvon4 Tue Jan 02, 2018 12:08 pm

Bob

One of the websites has super photos of many different scale models... mostly display items like WWI scenes or WWII battle spaces.... trucks, tanks, boats, planes whatever...wish I had the link ...I spent hours enjoying the great models and exceptional photography

One I was impressed with had a well worn and repaired Biplane... the display did a good job of telling the story of the airplane and the crews keeping it flying....using available cloth and paints

Made me realize, in that one display, that not all planes flew the missions as factory fresh new planes...many were beat and shot up a lot...repaired and put back in action

There is a hint in here I think
fredvon4
fredvon4
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox Tue Jan 02, 2018 12:12 pm

Hint noted Fred.  In fact I was thinking about flying it as is, silk flying in the wind just like what I have seen in the movies.  Smile

Bob
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Marleysky Tue Jan 02, 2018 1:39 pm

rsv1cox wrote:Hint noted Fred.  In fact I was thinking about flying it as is, silk flying in the wind just like what I have seen in the movies.  Smile

Bob

Oh, cool. Add a little smoke and a sputtering cylinder. ...hey, that's the way my engines run anyway. Very Happy

I didn't find any offers for a "free roll" either. But the people at Sig are super helpful. Two stories rolled into one. I received a fast response to my e mailed request for the availability of plan on a old free flight model. She told me where to clic on their web page and what "item number" to enter. Bamb! 0nly $3.95, plus shipping. Let's make this worthwhile, added a few rolls of Sig Acrolite, a couple sheets of colored tissue, and finally added 2- pints of 25% Fuel. I ordered pints cause I could not get the computer to add Quarts to the order, but if I ordered as pints it would accept. Go figure, I assumed they were STILL out of Qts, cause I never received my order for Qts from Bob @ CountyLine( he did return my money). A few minutes later I get a confirmation of the order via EMail. A few minutes later I get a e mail from Becky. They are out of the red tissue, did I want to select another color? And, they are out of PINTs of the 25% fuel, but they do have Qts! Do I want to change to quarts? Heck yeah, that's what I wanted in the first place! So, I'm gonna have a green plane not red and 2-quarts of 25%Sig Champion fuel....in the dead of winter.
Other than NOT finding a nut in the woods, like Jason did, I think the new year is off to a good start.
Marleysky
Marleysky
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  fredvon4 Tue Jan 02, 2018 2:18 pm

Over the years I have had good experience with SigMfg but I HATE the web site....horrid example of a web store

I personally think they missed a marketing opportunity as they discontinued many of the Control line offerings...

Some things run in cycles as older generation retires and goes in search of some things that are popular and frequently featured on forum sub groups

The ARF Primary Force is one example... quite a few guys looking for them several times a year

Not sure how it works...but it is/was a proven design and noted to be one of the better ARFs to come out of China....gotta believe Sig could have another run done and not loose money
fredvon4
fredvon4
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox Tue Jan 02, 2018 3:07 pm

Marleysky wrote:
rsv1cox wrote:Hint noted Fred.  In fact I was thinking about flying it as is, silk flying in the wind just like what I have seen in the movies.  Smile

Bob

Oh, cool. Add a little smoke and a sputtering cylinder. ...hey, that's the way my engines run anyway.  Very Happy

Ha, I have a sputtering Testor's McCoy series 21 .35 stuck in it's nose. Kidding. The other N-28 has the same engine and it's always been a great running easy starting engine. I guess I have about a dozen of them altogether in various displacements.

Sig "Aerokote-Lite" Covering Wen_ni10
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content