Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register! Guests are limited to posting in the "General Questions (Guest Posting Allowed)" section only. Becoming a member is fast, easy and FREE!

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Cox Engine of The Month
September-2018
Davenz13's

"Cox Special MKII .15"

PAST WINNERS
Speed Contest 2018
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
The Traveling Prop
Gallery

World of Aviation

Quick clean of a damaged vintage Enya .09

Go down

Quick clean of a damaged vintage Enya .09

Post  rsv1cox on Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:38 am

The Enya .09 glow engine, my all time favorite.  I have so many of them that by actual mathematical calculation laid end to end they would stretch from my house to Eric's.

Like a sick puppy that needed a home I plucked this one off ebay a couple of weeks ago and cleaned it without disassembly this morning.  

Hot Simple Green soak while turning the crankshaft CW & CCW too hot to handle but gloves ease the pain.

Hot water rinse still using CW & CCW action.

Dry with paper towel and blow out with compressed air followed by the heat gun.  Spray with RemOil more CW & CCW.  Blowout asgain.  Finish with after run oil and polish with favorite dirty rag.

Some previous owner thought it necessary to drill out the back two mounting holes to 3/16".

Finished

rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Quick clean of a damaged vintage Enya .09

Post  getback on Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:58 am

Now thats a lot of Enya .09s Bob you may have a problem !?!? lol! lol! 3/16 is a big hole for a mount wonder what it was on Laughing
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

View user profile

Back to top Go down