Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register! Guests are limited to posting in the "General Questions (Guest Posting Allowed)" section only. Becoming a member is fast, easy and FREE!

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Cox Engine of The Month
August-2018
Mark Boesen's

"RR-TOO, Leo's handy work"

PAST WINNERS
Speed Contest 2018
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
The Traveling Prop
Gallery

World of Aviation

Mattel HotWheels

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Re: Mattel HotWheels

Post  roddie on Sat Mar 17, 2018 4:29 pm

Rod, we probably had the same Matchbox suitcase back in the day. I remember mine looked like this one with the Ford GT print.

roddie
Top Poster
Top Poster

View user profile http://www.stilburnin.com

Back to top Go down

Post  roddie on Sat Mar 17, 2018 4:43 pm

I hung-up all my packaged Hot Wheels and Matchbox vehicles in the shed this afternoon. I used solid galvanized steel wire stapled across the wall-stud bays. Each bay stores 10 packages.. so there's approximately 85 vehicles in my collection.

roddie
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Oldenginerod on Sat Mar 17, 2018 8:02 pm

roddie wrote:Rod, we probably had the same Matchbox suitcase back in the day. I remember mine looked like this one with the Ford GT print.

Yep. That's the one. It's still around here somewhere (full of cars).
Oldenginerod
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

back on topic..

Post  roddie on Sun Apr 15, 2018 2:13 pm

Back on topic.. Smile I thought I'd share some photos of a few 2018 (50th Anniversary) models that I've bought recently. These aren't "all" the one's I've bought this year.. but are a few that I remembered to photograph. There's dozens of miniatures in my collection that have not been documented with a photo.

As I've mentioned previously.. I don't usually pay a premium for the miniatures. They're "current" releases.. and usually cost $1.00 or less. Well........... I splurged when I saw the one below for $3.97.. Laughing

wait for it......................  Shocked

It immediately caught my eye. There's just something about old Volkswagens that strikes a happy-nerve with me.  Smile

Then there's this Datsun 240-Z Borla/G-ready edition...

Funny thing; I passed on a white "Fairlady-Z" model a few weeks ago and haven't seen another one since... but not for the lack of looking.  

Today while out shopping... I bought this one.. (one of my all-time favorite automobiles..) a retro 2017 representation by the Ford Motor Company..

It was the only Hot Wheels Ford GT on the rack.. so I grabbed it. Cost me 94 cents... plus 7% RI state sales tax.  Laughing

roddie
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox on Sun Apr 15, 2018 2:28 pm

This noon time I watched "Motor Week" on PBS with John Davis.  Been watching him for years.  They drove one of the new GT's, all black and evil looking.  $495K.  One of the first ones out the door auctioned for 4 times that amount.  I think over the next four years they are building 4000 of them.  

Seems a recent issue of "Automobile" magazine reported that buyers had to agree not to sell for a specified period of time and the buyer finked out upsetting FoMoCo no end.

Bob
rsv1cox
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  roddie on Sun Apr 15, 2018 5:01 pm

rsv1cox wrote:This noon time I watched "Motor Week" on PBS with John Davis.  Been watching him for years.  They drove one of the new GT's, all black and evil looking.  $495K.  One of the first ones out the door auctioned for 4 times that amount.  I think over the next four years they are building 4000 of them.  

Seems a recent issue of "Automobile" magazine reported that buyers had to agree not to sell for a specified period of time and the buyer finked out upsetting FoMoCo no end.

Bob

I can certainly appreciate the "retro" versions that Ford has built in this century.. but they can't hold a candle to the excitement that the original GT40 created on the racetrack back in the 1960's. Supercars "today" seem like they're a "dime-a-dozen".. whatever they cost to actually buy. Give me an analog racing engine and gearbox.. any day of the week.
roddie
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox on Sun Apr 15, 2018 5:10 pm

That's funny. Pat Goss on the same PBS episode spoke of the same thing. Today, nothing on new cars under the hood is adjustable, No points, condensers, carburetors.

I have the best of both worlds, a new Honda Accord EX that does everything and requires nothing, and a 1977 MG Midget that demands attention. Smile

Bob
rsv1cox
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  roddie on Sun Apr 15, 2018 5:24 pm

rsv1cox wrote:That's funny.  Pat Goss on the same PBS episode spoke of the same thing.  Today, nothing on new cars under the hood is adjustable, No points, condensers, carburetors.

I have the best of both worlds, a new Honda Accord EX that does everything and requires nothing, and a 1977 MG Midget that demands attention.  Smile

Bob

I Love This Forum! Bob, It used to be that any guy who was mechanically-minded could fix his car.. or at least understand what needed to be done, if he didn't have the tools. Today; you need pay some "kid" top-dollar.. just get out of bed......
roddie
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  roddie on Mon Jun 25, 2018 10:27 pm

some recent purchases..

This is a Mattel "Hot Wheels" 50th anniversary 1967 Chevrolet Camaro.. with the tin "collector-button".. just like the original, back in the day. My very first "Hot-Wheels" car was just like this one. I've wanted to find this car for my collection.

Next is a Mattel "Hot Wheels" 1969 Dodge Charger 500!! Another one of my favorites!!

Next comes a special miniature being offered. A "Mattel/Matchbox" reproduction of the Ford GT40.

Hot Wheels released a repro "2017" version of the machine (I have it..) that's cool.. but can't touch the original for styling IMHO..

I have the original "Lesney/Matchbox" version.
roddie
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2