Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register! Guests are limited to posting in the "General Questions (Guest Posting Allowed)" section only. Becoming a member is fast, easy and FREE!

OK Cub parts wanted - Page 2 Babe_b10

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Cox Engine of The Month
September-2019
Levent Suberk's

CEF Magazine cover featuring the Ex Model Engines Harpy Eagle .049

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
The Traveling Prop
Gallery

OK Cub parts wanted - Page 2 Empty
World of Aviation

OK Cub parts wanted

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Wanted Re: OK Cub parts wanted

Post  Ken Cook on Sat Sep 07, 2019 7:53 pm

I have a few gallons of stashed Powermaster 29% oil fuel. The OK's and a few others are the only engines I use this fuel in. I have used the OK .14's a good bit without issue. My .19's are for the most part brand new. At the r/c field we fly control line at, we were allowed to fly free flight. That was until one of the guys abused it and flew some crazy contraption too high. Due to a local airport there's a height restriction that is critically important. It was exceeded and it sent a ripple through the club. We've been trying to resolve that with the club but it's been a uphill battle.
Ken Cook
Ken Cook
Top Poster
Top Poster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Oldenginerod on Sat Sep 07, 2019 8:11 pm

ticomareado wrote:FWIW:  The Cub .074 uses the same connecting rod as the first version (lg. case) Cub .049-- Mfg. p/n 609

Thanks. That might be an option as I think I have some large case .049 parts floating around.

I do have a couple of other .074s which run, but are pretty knocked about. I may strip and build a neater engine from the best parts. It's just that the engine I'm wanting the rod for seems like brand new. I guess I could make it a display model without a rod anyway. It's just that old disease I have that doesn't allow incomplete engines to hang around- I gotta get 'em going.
Oldenginerod
Oldenginerod
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ticomareado on Sat Sep 07, 2019 8:33 pm

If you do machining or have access to machining svcs. (I don't) and want to go deep with small case Cub .049s this page is very helpful:

http://www.flyfreeflight.com/Site/OK_Cub_Rework.html
ticomareado
ticomareado
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2