Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register! Guests are limited to posting in the "General Questions (Guest Posting Allowed)" section only. Becoming a member is fast, easy and FREE!

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Need help troubleshooting a Cox .049 engine
by Cox International Today at 1:43 pm

» 1970 Honda US90
by Cribbs74 Today at 10:44 am

» my other hobby
by GallopingGhostler Today at 10:03 am

» BW piston/cylinder ?
by oldguy Yesterday at 10:43 pm

» Diesel heads! turn the lathe!
by Cox International Yesterday at 9:28 pm

» 1968 Cox Hobbies Catalog
by GallopingGhostler Yesterday at 4:18 pm

» Wanted - Muffler for .049
by GallopingGhostler Yesterday at 4:12 pm

» Follow The World's Smallest Traveling Engine!
by Kim Yesterday at 2:09 pm

» Reputation point changes!!!!!
by coxaddict Wed May 23, 2018 7:07 pm

» Accelerator accessory for .09
by GallopingGhostler Wed May 23, 2018 4:58 pm

Cox Engine of The Month
May-2018
Kim's

"War Dog hauls the 2M B.O.T. out of Uncle Wayne's backyard"

PAST WINNERS
Speed Contest 2018
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
The Traveling Prop
Gallery

World of Aviation

E-Bay - Buyer Beware

Go down

E-Bay - Buyer Beware

Post  GallopingGhostler on Wed May 02, 2018 2:54 pm

Occasionally I do searches on Tatone and Dubro muffler products. These are items discontinued years ago.

Just a rant, but just now I did a search on "tatone muffler" in E-Bay. Lo and behold, there are at least two examples of what I will mention in my next paragraph.

one thing I learned is if the seller does not post photos of the exhaust port side of the muffler, don't buy. I've already been stung twice through the years. There is a reason why they don't post certain photos. More likely than not, the opening has been modified to the point that it is very difficult to use the muffler without having to do radical surgery or patching.

Also, one E-Bayer has a Tatone Peacepipe 09-19 muffler in NOS packaging for $89 plus shipping. No muffler is worth that price. Also, I've noticed recently non-Cox standard run-of-the-mill engines going for ridiculous asking prices.

Seems a lot of speculators attempting to milk things for more than they are worth. Doh! Tired w/ Coffee Read

The good? I got a hard to get as hen's teeth NOS OS Pet .099 701 muffler in original unopened packaging for $25.50 shipping included. Also got an NOS Tatone EM-1 09-19 In Cowl Muffler header for $4.74 shipping included. I already have one EM-1, with two want to use these to reroute exhaust on a Sterling 36" P-38 with two Enya .09-III's.

GallopingGhostler
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: E-Bay - Buyer Beware

Post  Jason_WI on Wed May 02, 2018 3:52 pm

With those 701 mufflers you have to make sure both length springs are in the package. The shorter spring is for the OS MAX 6.

If you find OS 704 mufflers with a cheap BIN those are sought after too. The last one I watched sold for $65.
Jason_WI
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

I Support My Forum

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  GallopingGhostler on Wed May 02, 2018 4:42 pm

Didn't know the muffler was also used for the OS Max .06. Back around 1973, I wanted more power for my single channel Golden Bee powered Goldberg 1/2-A Jr. Falcon, so I ordered from Hobby Shack the OS .06. To my surprise, they substituted the OS Max .10R/C, guess they were out of the .06's. Several years later, put that .10 in a Ken Willard all balsa 39" T/F Schoolmaster. With exhaust baffle throttle coupled to RC carb, it was the loudness as an unmuffled reed valve Bee. Wow, talk about pepping a .049 plane up, it was the bee's knees. Very Happy
GallopingGhostler
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down