Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

Does anyone have pictures of Bees in chronological order?  Cox_ba12

Does anyone have pictures of Bees in chronological order?  Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» #Abortion pills in Dubai#+277-32027887 Abortion pills for sale in Dubai
by kasm Yesterday at 11:51 pm

» Original Box for P-51 Bendix Trophy Racer Value
by Wayne Brown Yesterday at 11:09 pm

» Project Cox .049 r/c & Citabrian Champion
by MauricioB Yesterday at 5:40 pm

» Cox P-51 Bendix Trophy Racer
by Wayne Brown Yesterday at 5:39 pm

» thread measurements
by MauricioB Yesterday at 5:33 pm

» Cox Thompson Trophy Winner
by Jerry Yesterday at 5:20 pm

» COX 010 TeeDee with RC carb, courtesy sosam 117
by rdw777 Yesterday at 3:08 pm

» "Me and Crazy Horse...Our Anniversary"
by fit90 Yesterday at 2:52 pm

» a cheap sport muffler
by robot797 Yesterday at 1:34 pm

» OS 10FSR Carb Needed
by Cougar 429 Yesterday at 1:14 pm

» AP .061 Hornet
by F4D Phantom II Sun Mar 17, 2024 10:01 pm

» dozens of old .049 TeeDee's, Medallions and a few others
by rsv1cox Sun Mar 17, 2024 7:46 pm

Cox Engine of The Month
March-2024
balogh's

"COX Budapest" .049 engine

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

Does anyone have pictures of Bees in chronological order?  Empty
Live on Patrol

Does anyone have pictures of Bees in chronological order?

Go down

Does anyone have pictures of Bees in chronological order?  Empty Does anyone have pictures of Bees in chronological order?

Post  Ken Cook Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:52 pm

I'm quite knowledgeable about these engines just from purchases over the years. However, something I noted in my collection. First these engines seem to multiply over the years. Second, the grungiest ugliest looking engine is the best runner, it's Murphy's law. I just found a box I had and when I opened it up, I had about 12 Babe Bees in it. One looks to be brand new never mounted, fueled or run. Most of the others look to be Frankenstein versions as I did whatever I needed to do as a kid to keep them going. I was overjoyed to find them as I knew I had them somewhere. At the same time, I felt like what did I do to these poor engines. The paper route didn't seem to generate a whole lot of cash back in the day. I would like to see some examples from the 50's to the 70's if someone has some good pics. Ken
Ken Cook
Ken Cook
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Does anyone have pictures of Bees in chronological order?  Empty Re: Does anyone have pictures of Bees in chronological order?

Post  Mark Boesen Thu Jun 21, 2018 10:08 pm

Does anyone have pictures of Bees in chronological order?  10936510
this show most of production changes, it's from the mid 60's
 Does anyone have pictures of Bees in chronological order?  Kgrhq610
C.1956 early version
 Does anyone have pictures of Bees in chronological order?  02710
C. 1957 from a Super Cub 105
 Does anyone have pictures of Bees in chronological order?  S-l16010
C. 1962 note flange groove for starter spring at base of cylinder
Mark Boesen
Mark Boesen
Top Poster
Top Poster

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/049Collectors/

Back to top Go down

Does anyone have pictures of Bees in chronological order?  Empty Re: Does anyone have pictures of Bees in chronological order?

Post  Ken Cook Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:00 pm

Mark, thanks for taking the time to post that. Ken
Ken Cook
Ken Cook
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark Boesen Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:42 pm

as a kid in grade school i used to swap out parts as well, not sure what i was looking for just thought it was fun, had a couple strong runners, probably were dual port and i didn't even know.
Mark Boesen
Mark Boesen
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  GallopingGhostler Sat Jun 23, 2018 7:49 am

Mark Boesen wrote:as a kid in grade school i used to swap out parts as well, not sure what i was looking for just thought it was fun, had a couple strong runners, probably were dual port and i didn't even know.

All this talk about porting got me to examine all my Cox .049's. I've got an older dual port thin cylinder without wrench flats Babe Bee, not sure where it came from. There were no Black Widows during its time of manufacture. I might have swapped out the back of a postage stamp 190 when a crashed RTF became a donor and I thrashed or ruined a Babe Bee cylinder. The mind gets fuzzy after 40+ years. Doh!
GallopingGhostler
GallopingGhostler
Top Poster
Top Poster

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Ken Cook Sat Jun 23, 2018 9:10 am

Just out of curiousity, was the babe Bee offered with the QRC with dual ports? Looking into my box of engines, I remember one that always stood out from the others. I removed the plug and it too had dual ports. It doesn't have a #1 stamp on the cylinder. My father though always kept parts and I have the muffler that would've come with the QRC. He doesn't recall if indeed it was or wasn't. He looked at me funny and mentioned that stuff has been in that box for 30 years.
Ken Cook
Ken Cook
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark Boesen Sat Jun 23, 2018 9:29 am

i'll look tonite, i have a test review of it. I think it did, it also had (i think) a hicomp head and if i remember correctly it was only a several hundred RPM lower.
EDIT: oops, that the QZ, the QRC i'd don't know, i have one, but since i got it used can't say 100%, I'd almost think not?
Mark Boesen
Mark Boesen
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Ken Cook Sat Jun 23, 2018 12:30 pm

Mark, I meant the QZ. I got confused. Indeed the QZ. Looking in the box I also have one of the early Bees with the 3 piece piston. I noticed it due to the exhaust ports being so much smaller than the others.
Ken Cook
Ken Cook
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark Boesen Sat Jun 23, 2018 1:04 pm

i'll post the test review, it'll be interesting to read it again.
Mark Boesen
Mark Boesen
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  getback Sun Jun 24, 2018 10:05 pm

Ken Cook wrote:        Just out of curiousity, was the babe Bee offered with the QRC with dual ports? Looking into my box of engines, I remember one that always stood out from the others. I removed the plug and it too had dual ports. It doesn't have a #1 stamp on the cylinder. My father though always kept parts and I have the muffler that would've come with the QRC. He doesn't recall if indeed it was or wasn't. He looked at me funny and mentioned that stuff has been in that box for 30 years.
That's a Knee slapper !! Sounds like when i ask my DAd what kind of engines he use to run , and the 50 yr ago face came on Laughing gotta love it ! O i can't wait sometime i get that feeling .
getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  getback Sun Jun 24, 2018 10:10 pm

Mark Boesen wrote:i'll post the test review, it'll be interesting to read it again.
Thumbs Up sounds good Popcorn
getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark Boesen Sun Jun 24, 2018 11:45 pm

Does anyone have pictures of Bees in chronological order?  20180610
 Does anyone have pictures of Bees in chronological order?  20180611
Mark Boesen
Mark Boesen
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  GallopingGhostler Sun Jun 24, 2018 11:59 pm

Peter Chinn wrote another similar article in May 1967 Aeromodeller.

Sceptre Flight Model Engine Tests - Cox 049 QZ

Engine puts out 0.065 HP at 15,000 RPM. This contrasts with the Babe Bee, which puts out 0.55 HP at 13,300 RPM with SPI.

One thing I noticed that the R/C Bee with exhaust throttle muffler, a successor to the QZ ran stronger than a Babe Bee on my Minnie Mambo. It was fun to do rudder only stunting with this engine.
GallopingGhostler
GallopingGhostler
Top Poster
Top Poster

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down