Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

Still around (update on myself) Cox_ba12

Still around (update on myself) Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Introducing the new - "QZ" RR-1
by roddie Today at 2:08 pm

» STUKA bomb dimentions needed
by latole Today at 10:36 am

» Indexing COX cylinders
by davidll1984 Today at 8:56 am

» Another of C.T. engines cleaned ---- Cox Tee Dee .09 --- Just today (3/26/2024) more Cox parts
by Yabby Today at 8:47 am

» Introducing our Cox .049 TD Engines
by Yabby Today at 7:33 am

» 1/2a Skyray plans?
by 944_Jim Yesterday at 11:14 pm

» Postage stamp backplates
by JPvelo Yesterday at 9:52 pm

» my attempt at making an exhaust throttle for Cox .049
by roddie Yesterday at 9:20 pm

» Cosmic Winds, - Big Guy, Little Guys, Silver Guy and Wounded Guy.
by rsv1cox Yesterday at 6:18 pm

» My friend Ramón, his Cox .09 & Cox .010
by MauricioB Yesterday at 1:31 pm

» Parts Cox TD-4
by rsv1cox Yesterday at 9:40 am

» On ebay a very special Cox engine
by davidll1984 Yesterday at 7:32 am

Cox Engine of The Month
March-2024
balogh's

"COX Budapest" .049 engine

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

Still around (update on myself) Empty
Live on Patrol

Still around (update on myself)

Go down

Sad Still around (update on myself)

Post  TDbandit Sun Jul 15, 2018 11:11 am

Hy guys long time! Just popping in to let everyone know that I'm still around. Life has been you might say hectic for me lately. Due to storm damage and other factors, I'm being forced to quickly move to Atlanta (Temporarily) which has put a severe strain on me work wise (I work in Macon) This has required me to shelve ALL my modeling activities until things calm down . A lot of my modeling stuff that survived the storm is currently in storage until I can locate a permanent place to live, how long this is going to take I don't know but hopefully it won't be too long. So until I can find a place to live and (If required) find another job, i'm officially on Hiatus.

I will however continue to post when I can.
Cya guys (Bandit)
TDbandit
TDbandit
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

Sad Re: Still around (update on myself)

Post  Kim Sun Jul 15, 2018 11:41 am

Man, sorry to hear you're going through all this. Hope things begin to turn better for you soon. The planes and projects will wait, just hope you're back to speed before too long.

Kim
Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  TDbandit Sun Jul 15, 2018 11:56 am

Yeah me too, it's been rough...with having to commute 140 miles both ways from work and back and trying to get the stuff out of the house and into storage has been a real head ache. About half my modeling stuff got wiped out in the storm i had which i still think was a tornado. (they say it was straight line) *shrugs* Nice to hear from ya man! (Bandit)
TDbandit
TDbandit
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

Post  getback Sun Jul 15, 2018 1:04 pm

Damn it man !! I am really sorry to hear this , at least you are OK all the other stuff will come in time . It's Good to hear from you just not what i wanted to hear though. Month or so ago tornado touched down about 15 miles from my hose luckly it went the other way whipping out 17 mile of neighborhoods and stuff flying around , i am thankful but feel there and your pain. I hope things get better soon sounds like ya got alot going on !
getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  NEW222 Sun Jul 15, 2018 7:44 pm

Sorry to hear Bandit. But most importantly, you are still around and in one piece. Like was said earlier, the hobby stuff can be put aside for a while and will be waiting for you whenever. ANyways, thanks for checking in and letting us know. Take care.
NEW222
NEW222
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Sad RE: Still around (Update on myself)

Post  66 Malibu Sun Jul 15, 2018 10:04 pm

Bandit...
Glad you made it thru those storms alive and well...Know that the mess afterwards is pretty bad sometimes.
If your storm was part of the line of wicked storms on June 1, we were hit also here in our community East of Atlanta the same day.
I was out in it coming home that afternoon, but, it was what I call a clear air tornado with no visible funnel cloud.    The debris, rain, hail, and falling trees were in the air.
I passed by an 80 ft hardwood tree on the way home and 5 seconds later it fell right behind me crossing the entire road.
Down trees and power lines took me almost 2 hours to go the mile and a half home after waiting on the emergency crews!
Plenty of tree debris at our house but no damage unlike about 200 homes in the community.
By the Grace of God you made thru it and so did I !!!
All the best , Steve...…….
66 Malibu
66 Malibu
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  TDbandit Sun Jul 15, 2018 11:13 pm

66 Malibu wrote:Bandit...
Glad you made it thru those storms alive and well...Know that the mess afterwards is pretty bad sometimes.
If your storm was part of the line of wicked storms on June 1, we were hit also here in our community East of Atlanta the same day.
I was out in it coming home that afternoon, but, it was what I call a clear air tornado with no visible funnel cloud.    The debris, rain, hail, and falling trees were in the air.
I passed by an 80 ft hardwood tree on the way home and 5 seconds later it fell right behind me crossing the entire road.
Down trees and power lines took me almost 2 hours to go the mile and a half home after waiting on the emergency crews!
Plenty of tree debris at our house but no damage unlike about 200 homes in the community.
By the Grace of God you made thru it and so did I !!!
All the best , Steve...…….
Yeah it was around that time, glad you fared through it ok it was wicked stuff, scared the livin' heck out of me. (Bandit)
TDbandit
TDbandit
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

Post  RknRusty Sun Jul 15, 2018 11:25 pm

Hey, Bandit, thanks for checking in and letting us know you're mostly okay. How 'bout your Dad, is he okay too? And Buster too, say hi to him for us.

Our guys on the show have asked about you several times, just last week too. We miss you, especially when a tech question has us stumped. You, Al Ferraro, and CEF's Mark Mc are some of our most reliable knowledge base friends. We miss Mark too. Like you, he's a quiet but dependable info and idea man. I recall our video visitors thinned out during last year's summer months. Everyone is out doing things. Many are at the Nats, like Mike and Samuel. And Samantha and her Dad Steve are now in France at the FAI World Championships.

But back to the topic... Drive safely between the cities. Take care, and we'll see you whenever you do get some free time and internet access.
Rockin' Rusty.

My Hot Rock & Blues Playlist
RknRusty
RknRusty
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Jul 16, 2018 2:23 am

Hey Bandit, sorry to hear all this. Thanks for letting us know you're still getting by.

We've been fairly lucky so far this year, only got a few heavy rains. Usually by now, we would've had at least a few severe thunderstorms and tornado warnings. The summer isn't over yet though.

Take care, and yes, make sure to leave a little leisure time for yourself.

Admin
Admin
Administrator

http://sites.google.com/site/coxenginecollection/

Back to top Go down

Post  MauricioB Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:45 am

Hello, I just read this news and I regret for those who are living this difficult situation, my sincere wishes for everything to return to normal (as possible) and I am glad to know that they are well despite the reality exposed here.
I wish you that life and fate be favorable and return many good moments forward.
I pray that so be it ...!
MauricioB
MauricioB
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  KariFS Mon Jul 16, 2018 3:45 pm

Hey Bandit, sorry to hear about the misfortune, but fortunately you yourself are healthy. That’s a darn long commute, do try to stay awake behind the wheel! I hope everything turns out fine again. Hang in there!

KariFS
KariFS
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  TDbandit Mon Jul 23, 2018 10:46 pm

Thanks everyone for your support it means alot. I'll be back active hopefully soon, just got to jump and dodge some hurdles.

@Rusty:
Thanks man, I'm going to try and make it to the hangout this Friday provided that nothing happens between now and then *crosses fingers*

Take care everyone (Dave AKA Bandit)
TDbandit
TDbandit
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

Post  crankbndr Tue Jul 24, 2018 9:17 am

Sorry to hear of your storm damages and relocation, I had similar damage in "92" it took years to get back to "normal", if thats even possible.
We were hit by a storm that was cat 5 over the Bahamas but Dade Co. magically turned it into a cat 3 so they could impose ridiculous codes for building.
I don't know about now but uninsured losses could be deducted off of IRS taxes, that year I paid no income tax.
Local property tax was also zero.
Good luck for your recovery! I hope things smooth out soon.
crankbndr
crankbndr
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum