Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register! Guests are limited to posting in the "General Questions (Guest Posting Allowed)" section only. Becoming a member is fast, easy and FREE!


Log in

I forgot my password

Search
 
 

Display results as :
 


Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» ebay Cox Mercedes, rough.....but check out that glow head.
by rsv1cox Today at 10:43 am

» Medallion .049
by Levent Suberk Today at 8:58 am

» Brodak 1/2A Flite Streak getting busy
by Ken Cook Today at 4:27 am

» cox recoil cord
by 944_Jim Yesterday at 8:43 pm

» Diy tanks in MS
by Ken Cook Yesterday at 7:51 pm

» Cameron .19 Marine Engine
by Ken Cook Yesterday at 7:45 pm

» treaded rod 5-40
by 944_Jim Yesterday at 6:26 pm

» CEF Honors All Who Served
by GallopingGhostler Yesterday at 5:18 pm

» Off topic - Tire pressure monitoring system
by GallopingGhostler Yesterday at 4:57 pm

» Norvel .061 Big Mig stunt
by topbrent Yesterday at 2:34 am

Cox Engine of The Month
October-2018
Mudhen's

"Prototype T.D. .010 c.1960"



PAST WINNERS
Speed Contest 2018
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
The Traveling Prop
Gallery


World of Aviation

Want to Buy PA 65

Go down

Wanted Want to Buy PA 65

Post  londke3 on Thu Aug 30, 2018 6:49 pm

I know this is a long shot on this Forum as it is dedicated to the venerable Cox engine but maybe just maybe one of you has or knows somebody who has a Randy Smith PA65RE they'd be willing to part with. These are not cheap engines and I'm willing to step up. I'd even offer a new unrun still in the oilbag Nelson .36 from the most recent run that Henry made. A header for it would be nice too but I'd settle for just the engine at this point. Upping my Stunt game and I need a PA for some planes I just purchased. Thx
avatar
londke3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Posts : 168
Join date : 2011-12-30
Age : 51
Location : nashville TN

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Wanted Re: Want to Buy PA 65

Post  Marleysky on Thu Aug 30, 2018 7:01 pm

Don’t recognize either name or model number, Google search turns up Old posts from Stunthanger
https://stunthanger.com/smf/aero-products/for-randy-smith-pa65/

https://stunthanger.com/smf/open-forum/pa-75-new-run-taking-orders-now/

The last one has his contact phone number from 2016.  

Yeah, your taking a long shot but what the hey, Nothing ventured, nothing ventured!! Some one might just have what you’re looking for.
Good luck.
avatar
Marleysky
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

I Support My Forum

Posts : 1887
Join date : 2014-09-28
Age : 66
Location : Grand Rapids, MI

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Wanted Re: Want to Buy PA 65

Post  Cribbs74 on Thu Aug 30, 2018 7:45 pm

Mike,

Probably only a handful on here that would even consider messing with a PA. Have you considered a Ro-Jett?

Ron
avatar
Cribbs74
Moderator

Trusted Seller
Posts : 9846
Join date : 2011-10-24
Age : 44
Location : Tuttle, OK

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Wanted Re: Want to Buy PA 65

Post  londke3 on Thu Aug 30, 2018 8:22 pm

Cribbs74 wrote:Mike,

Probably only a handful on here that would even consider messing with a PA. Have you considered a Ro-Jett?

Ron
Not yet, the planes I bought were set up for a PA, I want a direct drop in. Not easy to refit different motors into these planes unless the mounting holes are identical. And I've been to the source there is no current stock.
avatar
londke3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Posts : 168
Join date : 2011-12-30
Age : 51
Location : nashville TN

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Wanted Re: Want to Buy PA 65

Post  Cribbs74 on Thu Aug 30, 2018 8:49 pm

londke3 wrote:
Cribbs74 wrote:Mike,

Probably only a handful on here that would even consider messing with a PA. Have you considered a Ro-Jett?

Ron
Not yet, the planes I bought were set up for a PA, I want a direct drop in. Not easy to refit different motors into these planes unless the mounting holes are identical. And I've been to the source there is no current stock.

Yeah, that’s why I brought up the Ro Jett as Randy is no longer making PA’s last I heard. I am sure you have put a wanted ad on SS and SH. Something will pop up, it always does.

Ron
avatar
Cribbs74
Moderator

Trusted Seller
Posts : 9846
Join date : 2011-10-24
Age : 44
Location : Tuttle, OK

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Wanted Re: Want to Buy PA 65

Post  fredvon4 on Fri Aug 31, 2018 12:47 pm

Mike I follow this and know why you want...Have you phoned Randy directly? nI do not pay close attention but it seemed to me he was claiming his newer run of engines had same or similar foot prints.... again I do not know is his 77 is a direct match to the 65 but worth the chat with him

Another want ad need to be placed on Flying lines....lots of the pacific north west guys are aging and have stuff to sell


Also send a PM to Brett Buck...I have a few hours on the phone with the man...he KNOWS a LOT of people

avatar
fredvon4
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Trusted Seller
Posts : 2513
Join date : 2011-08-26
Age : 63
Location : Lampasas Texas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Wanted Re: Want to Buy PA 65

Post  Ken Cook on Sat Sep 01, 2018 9:58 am

Mike, Dennis M in our club has one. Whether he's going to use it is another issue. Dennis fiddle faddles around and the engine has been a boat anchor for the past 5 years. The engine originally belonged to Mike Palko who was going to use it in his Mustang prior to going electric. I haven't seen Mike flip a prop in the past 15 years. Dennis bought the engine with hopes to use it and it sits collecting dust. I'm not certain if it's a PA .61 or a .65. I would lean to the .61 as that is what Banjock used in his Miss Suzy Q.
avatar
Ken Cook
Top Poster
Top Poster

Posts : 3263
Join date : 2012-03-27
Location : pennsylvania

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Wanted Re: Want to Buy PA 65

Post  londke3 on Tue Sep 04, 2018 6:41 pm

fredvon4 wrote:Mike I follow this and know why you want...Have you phoned Randy directly?   nI do not pay close attention but it seemed to me he was claiming his newer run of engines had same or similar foot prints.... again I do not know is his 77 is a direct match to the 65 but worth the chat with him

Another want ad need to be placed on Flying lines....lots of the pacific north west guys are aging and have stuff to sell


Also send a PM to Brett Buck...I have a few hours on the phone with the man...he KNOWS a LOT of people

Randy was the first phone call I made.
avatar
londke3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Posts : 168
Join date : 2011-12-30
Age : 51
Location : nashville TN

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Wanted Re: Want to Buy PA 65

Post  londke3 on Tue Sep 04, 2018 6:43 pm

Ken Cook wrote:       Mike, Dennis M in our club has one. Whether he's going to use it is another issue. Dennis fiddle faddles around and the engine has been a boat anchor for the past 5 years. The engine originally belonged to Mike Palko who was going to use it in his Mustang prior to going electric. I haven't seen Mike flip a prop in the past 15 years. Dennis bought the engine with hopes to use it and it sits collecting dust. I'm not certain if it's a PA .61 or a .65. I would lean to the .61 as that is what Banjock used in his Miss Suzy Q.
Ken either engine will work and I would be a buyer if Dennis M would be a seller. I don't know Dennis M but if he's ready to part with it put us in touch with each other please. Regards, Mike
avatar
londke3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Posts : 168
Join date : 2011-12-30
Age : 51
Location : nashville TN

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Wanted Re: Want to Buy PA 65

Post  Ken Cook on Wed Sep 05, 2018 4:19 am

Mike, I saw Dennis this weekend. He wasn't keen on letting it go. He started a plane about 12 years ago and insists that he's going to finish it and power it with the PA.
avatar
Ken Cook
Top Poster
Top Poster

Posts : 3263
Join date : 2012-03-27
Location : pennsylvania

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Wanted Re: Want to Buy PA 65

Post  londke3 on Wed Sep 05, 2018 7:30 am

Ken Cook wrote:         Mike, I saw Dennis this weekend. He wasn't  keen on letting it go. He started a plane about 12 years ago and insists that he's going to finish it and power it with the PA.
Haha, that seems to be the case with everyone. I'll just keep looking. Thx
avatar
londke3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Posts : 168
Join date : 2011-12-30
Age : 51
Location : nashville TN

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Wanted Re: Want to Buy PA 65

Post  londke3 on Wed Sep 05, 2018 9:55 am

londke3 wrote:
fredvon4 wrote:Mike I follow this and know why you want...Have you phoned Randy directly?   nI do not pay close attention but it seemed to me he was claiming his newer run of engines had same or similar foot prints.... again I do not know is his 77 is a direct match to the 65 but worth the chat with him

Another want ad need to be placed on Flying lines....lots of the pacific north west guys are aging and have stuff to sell


Also send a PM to Brett Buck...I have a few hours on the phone with the man...he KNOWS a LOT of people

 Randy was the first phone call I made.
Flying lines,is a good idea I'd forgotten about that site.
avatar
londke3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Posts : 168
Join date : 2011-12-30
Age : 51
Location : nashville TN

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Wanted Re: Want to Buy PA 65

Post  Ken Cook on Wed Sep 05, 2018 4:13 pm

I know Randy was just recently asking in regards as to who would be interested in the PA .65 engine. I think what he was asking was if one would prefer rear or side exhausts. I'm not certain if Henry Nelson is going to attend Huntersville, but it would be a good question to ask. He sold his machinery to a fellow down in the south but I believe he has some control as to what can be made hence the Nelson .36's and the PA .75's.
avatar
Ken Cook
Top Poster
Top Poster

Posts : 3263
Join date : 2012-03-27
Location : pennsylvania

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Wanted Re: Want to Buy PA 65

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum