Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

Want to Buy PA 65 Cox_ba12

Want to Buy PA 65 Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Cox powered boat litle shrimp hidroplane
by davidll1984 Today at 2:52 pm

» my attempt at making an exhaust throttle for Cox .049
by roddie Today at 1:39 pm

» Introducing the new - "QZ" RR-1
by roddie Today at 1:08 pm

» STUKA bomb dimentions needed
by latole Today at 9:36 am

» Indexing COX cylinders
by davidll1984 Today at 7:56 am

» Another of C.T. engines cleaned ---- Cox Tee Dee .09 --- Just today (3/26/2024) more Cox parts
by Yabby Today at 7:47 am

» Introducing our Cox .049 TD Engines
by Yabby Today at 6:33 am

» 1/2a Skyray plans?
by 944_Jim Yesterday at 10:14 pm

» Postage stamp backplates
by JPvelo Yesterday at 8:52 pm

» Cosmic Winds, - Big Guy, Little Guys, Silver Guy and Wounded Guy.
by rsv1cox Yesterday at 5:18 pm

» My friend Ramón, his Cox .09 & Cox .010
by MauricioB Yesterday at 12:31 pm

» Parts Cox TD-4
by rsv1cox Yesterday at 8:40 am

Cox Engine of The Month
March-2024
balogh's

"COX Budapest" .049 engine

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

Want to Buy PA 65 Empty
Live on Patrol

Want to Buy PA 65

Go down

Wanted Want to Buy PA 65

Post  londke3 Thu Aug 30, 2018 6:49 pm

I know this is a long shot on this Forum as it is dedicated to the venerable Cox engine but maybe just maybe one of you has or knows somebody who has a Randy Smith PA65RE they'd be willing to part with. These are not cheap engines and I'm willing to step up. I'd even offer a new unrun still in the oilbag Nelson .36 from the most recent run that Henry made. A header for it would be nice too but I'd settle for just the engine at this point. Upping my Stunt game and I need a PA for some planes I just purchased. Thx
londke3
londke3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Wanted Re: Want to Buy PA 65

Post  Marleysky Thu Aug 30, 2018 7:01 pm

Don’t recognize either name or model number, Google search turns up Old posts from Stunthanger
https://stunthanger.com/smf/aero-products/for-randy-smith-pa65/

https://stunthanger.com/smf/open-forum/pa-75-new-run-taking-orders-now/

The last one has his contact phone number from 2016.  

Yeah, your taking a long shot but what the hey, Nothing ventured, nothing ventured!! Some one might just have what you’re looking for.
Good luck.
Marleysky
Marleysky
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Cribbs74 Thu Aug 30, 2018 7:45 pm

Mike,

Probably only a handful on here that would even consider messing with a PA. Have you considered a Ro-Jett?

Ron
Cribbs74
Cribbs74

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  londke3 Thu Aug 30, 2018 8:22 pm

Cribbs74 wrote:Mike,

Probably only a handful on here that would even consider messing with a PA. Have you considered a Ro-Jett?

Ron
Not yet, the planes I bought were set up for a PA, I want a direct drop in. Not easy to refit different motors into these planes unless the mounting holes are identical. And I've been to the source there is no current stock.
londke3
londke3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Cribbs74 Thu Aug 30, 2018 8:49 pm

londke3 wrote:
Cribbs74 wrote:Mike,

Ron
Not yet, the planes I bought were set up for a PA, I want a direct drop in. Not easy to refit different motors into these planes unless the mounting holes are identical. And I've been to the source there is no current stock.

Yeah, that’s why I brought up the Ro Jett as Randy is no longer making PA’s last I heard. I am sure you have put a wanted ad on SS and SH. Something will pop up, it always does.

Ron
Cribbs74
Cribbs74

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  fredvon4 Fri Aug 31, 2018 12:47 pm

Mike I follow this and know why you want...Have you phoned Randy directly? nI do not pay close attention but it seemed to me he was claiming his newer run of engines had same or similar foot prints.... again I do not know is his 77 is a direct match to the 65 but worth the chat with him

Another want ad need to be placed on Flying lines....lots of the pacific north west guys are aging and have stuff to sell

Also send a PM to Brett Buck...I have a few hours on the phone with the man...he KNOWS a LOT of people

fredvon4
fredvon4
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Ken Cook Sat Sep 01, 2018 9:58 am

Mike, Dennis M in our club has one. Whether he's going to use it is another issue. Dennis fiddle faddles around and the engine has been a boat anchor for the past 5 years. The engine originally belonged to Mike Palko who was going to use it in his Mustang prior to going electric. I haven't seen Mike flip a prop in the past 15 years. Dennis bought the engine with hopes to use it and it sits collecting dust. I'm not certain if it's a PA .61 or a .65. I would lean to the .61 as that is what Banjock used in his Miss Suzy Q.
Ken Cook
Ken Cook
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  londke3 Tue Sep 04, 2018 6:41 pm

fredvon4 wrote:Mike I follow this and know why you want...Have you phoned Randy directly?   nI do not pay close attention but it seemed to me he was claiming his newer run of engines had same or similar foot prints.... again I do not know is his 77 is a direct match to the 65 but worth the chat with him

Another want ad need to be placed on Flying lines....lots of the pacific north west guys are aging and have stuff to sell

Also send a PM to Brett Buck...I have a few hours on the phone with the man...he KNOWS a LOT of people

Randy was the first phone call I made.
londke3
londke3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  londke3 Tue Sep 04, 2018 6:43 pm

Ken Cook wrote:       Mike, Dennis M in our club has one. Whether he's going to use it is another issue. Dennis fiddle faddles around and the engine has been a boat anchor for the past 5 years. The engine originally belonged to Mike Palko who was going to use it in his Mustang prior to going electric. I haven't seen Mike flip a prop in the past 15 years. Dennis bought the engine with hopes to use it and it sits collecting dust. I'm not certain if it's a PA .61 or a .65. I would lean to the .61 as that is what Banjock used in his Miss Suzy Q.
Ken either engine will work and I would be a buyer if Dennis M would be a seller. I don't know Dennis M but if he's ready to part with it put us in touch with each other please. Regards, Mike
londke3
londke3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Ken Cook Wed Sep 05, 2018 4:19 am

Mike, I saw Dennis this weekend. He wasn't keen on letting it go. He started a plane about 12 years ago and insists that he's going to finish it and power it with the PA.
Ken Cook
Ken Cook
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  londke3 Wed Sep 05, 2018 7:30 am

Ken Cook wrote:         Mike, I saw Dennis this weekend. He wasn't  keen on letting it go. He started a plane about 12 years ago and insists that he's going to finish it and power it with the PA.
Haha, that seems to be the case with everyone. I'll just keep looking. Thx
londke3
londke3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  londke3 Wed Sep 05, 2018 9:55 am

londke3 wrote:
fredvon4 wrote:Mike I follow this and know why you want...Have you phoned Randy directly?   nI do not pay close attention but it seemed to me he was claiming his newer run of engines had same or similar foot prints.... again I do not know is his 77 is a direct match to the 65 but worth the chat with him

Randy was the first phone call I made.
Flying lines,is a good idea I'd forgotten about that site.
londke3
londke3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Ken Cook Wed Sep 05, 2018 4:13 pm

I know Randy was just recently asking in regards as to who would be interested in the PA .65 engine. I think what he was asking was if one would prefer rear or side exhausts. I'm not certain if Henry Nelson is going to attend Huntersville, but it would be a good question to ask. He sold his machinery to a fellow down in the south but I believe he has some control as to what can be made hence the Nelson .36's and the PA .75's.
Ken Cook
Ken Cook
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum