Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

The good news, the bad news, and the Oysters - Page 3 Cox_ba12

The good news, the bad news, and the Oysters - Page 3 Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» my attempt at making an exhaust throttle for Cox .049
by balogh Today at 12:07 am

» Testers Sprite engine swap
by Greenman38633 Yesterday at 9:32 pm

» Elfin 0.5cc (Arnie Hende replica)
by dan vincent Yesterday at 9:18 pm

» Introducing our Cox .049 TD Engines
by layback209 Yesterday at 9:10 pm

» Anderson Baby Spitfire - looking for the aft tank and gasket
by Boats13 Yesterday at 8:18 pm

» Fuel residue stain clening help
by akjgardner Yesterday at 7:53 pm

» Another of C.T. engines cleaned ---- Cox Tee Dee .09 --- Just today (3/26/2024) more Cox parts
by sosam117 Yesterday at 5:55 pm

» Cox powered boat litle shrimp hidroplane
by davidll1984 Yesterday at 2:52 pm

» Introducing the new - "QZ" RR-1
by roddie Yesterday at 1:08 pm

» STUKA bomb dimentions needed
by latole Yesterday at 9:36 am

» Indexing COX cylinders
by davidll1984 Yesterday at 7:56 am

» 1/2a Skyray plans?
by 944_Jim Wed Mar 27, 2024 10:14 pm

Cox Engine of The Month
March-2024
balogh's

"COX Budapest" .049 engine

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

The good news, the bad news, and the Oysters - Page 3 Empty
Live on Patrol

The good news, the bad news, and the Oysters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

The good news, the bad news, and the Oysters - Page 3 Empty Re: The good news, the bad news, and the Oysters

Post  GallopingGhostler Tue Oct 09, 2018 7:48 pm

66 Malibu wrote:Then on a trip to LA/South MS, there was quite a stir as I recall where one lady died from and another man had half his face eaten off by a flesh eating bacteria after eating raw oysters !!!!
There's the problem, eating raw, should be thoroughly cooked. There was one guy who was encouraged by an Oriental bar tender / restaurant owner to try some raw crabs. He wound up in the hospital with a parasite infestation. Another had to have his arm amputated.

Fox 6 Now: Sep 2, 2018 - Man Forced to Have Forearm Amputated after Eating Raw Seafood

I used to like eating raw Japanese style fish - sashimi. Now, I won't touch it at all because of these incidences and possibilities of fish carrying parasitic worms.
GallopingGhostler
GallopingGhostler
Top Poster
Top Poster

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

The good news, the bad news, and the Oysters - Page 3 Empty Re: The good news, the bad news, and the Oysters

Post  Dave P. Tue Oct 09, 2018 8:18 pm

RknRusty wrote:
Dave, have you ever been to Huntersville? I hope you'll consider coming, even if it's just a Saturday day-trip... hell, I hope I'm coming. Maybe you'll join the Carolina Gang, our annual dues are only $20 bucks.

Never been.  Waze says it's two hours and five minutes from the house (hour and a half by Corvette) to Waymer Field. That's doable.  When do you guys get together?
Dave P.
Dave P.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  RknRusty Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:08 pm

A lot of us show up at the field Friday afternoon. 1/2A Combat is the only event that day starting at 4:00, and the circles are usually busy with stunt practice. They may have the carrier deck set up by then. I'm usually too late to watch Combat, but stop for a round of practice or at least shuckin' and jivin' and hanging out.

Saturday morning the events start at 10:00 with all the various stunt categories, and Speed Limit Combat down at the far end of the field. I hear there will be some fast combat this year too. I'm looking forward to that. In fact I'm bringing my fast combat Super Satan that I'd hoped to test fly, but someone else is going to have to fly it for me now. It'll do about 108 mph on wimpy stunt fuel. Some of those other guys can fly 120 mph. Profile without skill classes is my favorite Saturday event to fly, but this time as a spectator I may try to watch some OTS or Nostalgia. We aren't flying Scale or Racing since I joined up, though it changes over the years depending on what people are interested in. I won't even be up to judging this one, but when May comes I will be back in action.

Saturday night after supper at the local eateries, there is usually an informal by-the-pool party and a couple of homemade ice cream gatherings, all at the Super 8 Motel. Sunday is all PAMPA classes beginning at 9:00 and closing after trophies and awards. I'll PM you my phone number in case you want to call me for anything else.
This is the biggest contest on the East Coast. We get people from all over the US and Canada. There is Brodak, but that's more of a gentlemen's rules fun oriented gathering more pure competition. I hope Ken and Shawn and the other Philly Fliers come. You'll meet a few other CEFers too
Rusty

My Hot Rock & Blues Playlist
RknRusty
RknRusty
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  fredvon4 Wed Oct 10, 2018 3:01 pm

A Lot of my Test Officer days...2001 to 2012 were on east coast...Program manager was either in WDC or Quantico VA

and early in my Military career we were stationed at Ft Eustice Va...Chesapeake bay, Hampton Roads, New Port News, Norfolk and I taught my kid how to fish/Crab off a small cheap flat bottom boat with cheesy 15 Hp outboard...

We love our beef, Chicken, Pork and sea food...my gawd how I miss some of the family fish houses in the Tide water area with all you can eat....crap I was such a galactic pig....Blue crab, Dungeoness(sp?) crab, King crab, Main or gulf Lobsters, oysters, muscles, sea Bass, flounder,

I had a Factory school in Laurel Maryland to learn how to manage and repair IBM 360 mini computers in the late 70s.

TDY (temporary duty) for 45 days... in Laurel MD was a Crab shack.."Bottom of the Bay".... best ever (cheap) crab platter and their version of Old Bay dipping spices was to die for .... Pint of beer, stack of hot crabs, vinegar, dipping spices, Roll of paper towels, make a mess...bring more, another beer...back to the motel with bleeding fingers....Priceless!
fredvon4
fredvon4
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Dave P. Wed Oct 10, 2018 11:04 pm

fredvon4 wrote:Dave P and OErod

I would actually like to see an anvil launching event locally.... while Dave is sort of correct not much going on between dove and deer season locally....

Even if anvil launching wasn't invented in Lampasas, you know Fred you've got some neighbors that are smacking their foreheads saying "Why the hell didn't I think of that!"
Dave P.
Dave P.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  fredvon4 Thu Oct 11, 2018 3:46 pm

Dave P...Brother!!!

"Even if anvil launching wasn't invented in Lampasas, you know Fred you've got some neighbors that are smacking their foreheads saying "Why the hell didn't I think of that!"---"

Almost every weekend I can hear distinctive M60(7.62) and M2 HB( 50 cal) fire..
Our social media always has some dim wit asking if Fort Hood is training....too funny....nope Gabriela...just a bunch of old retired geezers sending 8 buck a round boolits across the county

NO anvils --(that I know of) but there is a smallish 13+/- group of dedicated Cannon aficionados.... some with store bought kits and most with home milled cannons from marble sized projos up to Half Pounders....

Our immediate problem is my micro ranch (2.5 acres) is across a county road from a 10 acre cattle ranch. Deer season is full on and this county get nearly half yearly revenue for hunting leases from rich cats from Austin....brain dead city fellers who think bouncing a 30-06 boolit off my brick* work is no big deal

I have my morning coffee out side in the cool Autumn air on back side of the ranch house ( front of house faces the cattle ranch)
When we hear any multi shot reports ...wife and I instinctive go in the house and stay away from windows

* fortunately my ranch house has a Brick Veneer...and so far 24 years all 6 boolits hit brick and no windows

I do not call Game Warden or Sheriff any more...no way for them to find the nit wit

fredvon4
fredvon4
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Dave P. Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:51 pm

Reminds me of the story from '82 or '83 about the city boy that showed up at the Coryell County weigh station with a calf tagged as a doe. The rancher who lost the calf went out and put a sandwich board on every head that said "Cow. Please don't shoot me."

I have no idea if it's true, but it sure was the talk of the town for a few years.
Dave P.
Dave P.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox Fri Oct 12, 2018 6:52 am

Dave P. wrote:Reminds me of the story from '82 or '83 about the city boy that showed up at the Coryell County weigh station with a calf tagged as a doe.  The rancher who lost the calf went out and put a sandwich board on every head that said "Cow.  Please don't shoot me."

I have no idea if it's true, but it sure was the talk of the town for a few years.

True for sure in New Hampshire and Vermont. Only ranchers painted in white COW in large letters.

Bob
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  fredvon4 Fri Oct 12, 2018 1:31 pm

I know our one and only one Game Warden sort of well...like 4 conversations over 5 years well

He is actually one of the only "Authorities" in my county I admire sort of......City PO PO is full of corrupt butt heads, I did not vote for current Sheriff as he is more politician than Policeman...every body want and we do need a newer and bigger jail...but every year I lead the charge  to vote DOWN the Bond...  80% of the folks in jail here are for non sense charges...many should have gotten instant Personal recognizance  bond and sent home...the point for me is...as a senior soldier and later a Test Office it was my training and responsibility to find ways to get a job done with limited Tax Payer dollars...

MY true belief is EVERY body elected must by definition be a Fiduciary for every Tax Payer...so far I do not see this as a principal and I am that ass hole in the meetings sticking their noses into the bad contracts and poor plans they propose....

I am much to infirm to run for office and never need to be Borked or Thomased, or Kavanauged... that and truth is I did inhale

OK way off track but gonna let it stay

way up top..Game Warden... in my county are a LOT of cattle ranchers...BUT the biggest crop is SHEEP... (yep do the joke it is true).... second is Goat... and third actually is Grass ( ok round bale Hay when we have water)...lastly is the Bovine cattle auctions...

Warded told me  I think 2013 may be 2014 big city Dove or deer lease hunters have a terrible time identifying game
He has cited a lot for tagging goats, sheep, and a small horse with a doe tag.....one nit wit had a Very Large Dog Tagged... Andolisioula something....popular hearing dog in this county
fredvon4
fredvon4
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  getback Mon Oct 15, 2018 8:30 am

Deer >>> The good news, the bad news, and the Oysters - Page 3 36ed5910  Jackass >>> The good news, the bad news, and the Oysters - Page 3 Donkey10
sexyass >>> The good news, the bad news, and the Oysters - Page 3 Bvb_2910  Get it right people !!
getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3