Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register! Guests are limited to posting in the "General Questions (Guest Posting Allowed)" section only. Becoming a member is fast, easy and FREE!

Take a look-see at what I got bottom fishing on Ebay Babe_b10

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Cox Engine of The Month
June-2019
robot797's

"cox 049 gasoline"

More info on this engine!

PAST WINNERS
Speed Contest 2019
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
The Traveling Prop
Gallery

Take a look-see at what I got bottom fishing on Ebay Empty
World of Aviation

Take a look-see at what I got bottom fishing on Ebay

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Take a look-see at what I got bottom fishing on Ebay Empty Take a look-see at what I got bottom fishing on Ebay

Post  ticomareado on Mon 29 Oct 2018, 18:37

ticomareado
ticomareado
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Take a look-see at what I got bottom fishing on Ebay Empty Re: Take a look-see at what I got bottom fishing on Ebay

Post  Marleysky on Mon 29 Oct 2018, 19:44

You got a good deal!  You should be able to make your new engine run again (unless there’s catastrophic internal damage)  a little buffing and polish it’ll be spitting fire all over the place. Thumbs Up
Marleysky
Marleysky
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

I Support My Forum

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Take a look-see at what I got bottom fishing on Ebay Empty Re: Take a look-see at what I got bottom fishing on Ebay

Post  NEW222 on Mon 29 Oct 2018, 20:39

I llo-See, and I'll raise you a Like! Looks decent in the pictures.
NEW222
NEW222
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  GallopingGhostler on Mon 29 Oct 2018, 23:35

ticomareado wrote:E-Bay Item# 323516154761, Royal Spitfire model airplane engine Damaged Parts only
Take a look-see at what I got bottom fishing on Ebay S-l16054

0.99 + 4.85 postage from The Land of Fruits and Nuts. Odds on it being fairly easily put into running condition?

Nice find, ticomareado.
If it is simply locked up with Castor and can be made to run again, then it will be a real bargain.

Doing similar to you, I took a chance on this one. E-Bay Item# 223202844484, Torpedo 35 Nitro Engine Green Head, $21.50 + $7.85 shipping from East Coast. Seller had totally positive feedback both as seller and buyer, so I felt it was a reasonable risk. Will know more when the engine arrives.
Take a look-see at what I got bottom fishing on Ebay S-l16055

Take a look-see at what I got bottom fishing on Ebay S-l16056

Take a look-see at what I got bottom fishing on Ebay S-l16057
GallopingGhostler
GallopingGhostler
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox on Tue 30 Oct 2018, 07:18

Man after my own heart Victor. I bottom fished for Enya's on ebay for over a year until I finally got my fill. The "worst of the worst" I called them. My joy was busting them down then building them back up. NIB's just sit there.

Bob
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  GallopingGhostler on Sun 06 Jan 2019, 20:37

Not quite bottom fishing but close, won the following with only and first bid, a Fox .15X R/C. This one has the ganged rotary exhaust baffle linked to the carburettor. Once I get it, ought to clean up nicely.

$9.99 + $6.70 Shipping + $1.39 Tax (seller is in my state) = $18.08 Total.

Take a look-see at what I got bottom fishing on Ebay 2019-011

Take a look-see at what I got bottom fishing on Ebay 2019-012

Take a look-see at what I got bottom fishing on Ebay 2019-010

Got this from edatzia of Las Cruces, NM. So far I have bought a couple engines from him, and he seems to be honest in his descriptions, and they so far have been reasonable deals.

He described it as, "This is a used FOX .15 R/C ENGINE. This engine is in good condition but the rear cover is missing. It has very good compression. Replace that rear cover and you will have a very nice little engine."

I've got an extra backplate for it, so it will be complete when I am done.
GallopingGhostler
GallopingGhostler
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  GallopingGhostler on Wed 16 Jan 2019, 19:16

More bottom feeding (paid a little more than absolute bottom, perhaps the scum that floats just above the bottom?  lol! )

.... last of the K&B .35 Stallion, this time an RC version, circa 1970's. Just won this today for $13.50 + $11.80 shipping from PA.

Take a look-see at what I got bottom fishing on Ebay 2019-011

Take a look-see at what I got bottom fishing on Ebay 2019-012

Take a look-see at what I got bottom fishing on Ebay 2019-013

Take a look-see at what I got bottom fishing on Ebay 2019-014

Take a look-see at what I got bottom fishing on Ebay 2019-015

There is some surface rust here and there. Head and back screw slots look like they haven't seen much wrenching. Mounting lugs show it was mounted at one time, but appears that it hasn't had much installation and removal. Is missing the exhaust baffle plate and carb link to it, but I have extra mufflers, so not needed. Will understand more when I get it, as to whether low time or not. In this case it does appear unmolested and probably underused. More to come ....
GallopingGhostler
GallopingGhostler
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  NEW222 on Wed 16 Jan 2019, 20:52

Very nice. Unless there is something internal, she should just about fire right up.
NEW222
NEW222
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  GallopingGhostler on Wed 16 Jan 2019, 21:02

NEW222 wrote:Very nice. Unless there is something internal, she should just about fire right up.
Thanks. She's full of dust, dirt and corrosion from non-use, probably since last used some 40 years ago. Will know more once I get it in about a week. Smoking
GallopingGhostler
GallopingGhostler
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  getback on Thu 17 Jan 2019, 08:06

Nice George , looks like a good cleaning and hopefully will be ready for some fun ! It good when you got extra parts to put one together and not have to hunt for them . Eyebrows Popcorn
getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox on Thu 17 Jan 2019, 08:29

GallopingGhostler wrote:
NEW222 wrote:Very nice. Unless there is something internal, she should just about fire right up.
Thanks. She's full of dust, dirt and corrosion from non-use, probably since last used some 40 years ago. Will know more once I get it in about a week. Smoking

Do a take-down show and tell. Being the only one here doing that sort of thing, I feel a little lonesome......

Bob
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  GallopingGhostler on Thu 17 Jan 2019, 10:47

rsv1cox wrote:Do a take-down show and tell.  Being the only one here doing that sort of thing, I feel a little lonesome......
Will do, Bob. Very Happy This time though, I think my take down and clean up story will not be as dramatic as my other Stallion, the one claimed to have surface occlusions that was found to be corrosion from exposure to the elements. Mad (But it turned out to be a story with a happy ending. Thumbs Up )

Got the right muffler for it, a Tatone .45-.65 Short Peacepipe.
Take a look-see at what I got bottom fishing on Ebay Tatone10

Take a look-see at what I got bottom fishing on Ebay Tatone11

This one is just an example, I have several. I got them may be 5 years ago, when the E-Bay prices weren't as crazy for them as they are now. Someone recently was trying to sell one for $90 + shipping. (It was NOS in its original packing, but still IMO about double of what it was worth.)

I also have one NOS in package, the longer version, got it back then for something like $20 plus shipping or with shipping included. They just weren't in high demand then.

Take a look-see at what I got bottom fishing on Ebay Tatone12

These mufflers work great if one uses an engine, i.e., the standard lower power cross scavenge (not Schneurle) from the lower end of the spectrum to below. Otherwise the chamber is too small.

Example, Enya .19-VI TV with Tatone .29-.40 Peacepipe:

Take a look-see at what I got bottom fishing on Ebay Enya1910

Comparison, .29-.40 versus .09-.19 Peacepipe:

Take a look-see at what I got bottom fishing on Ebay Big_vs10

.09-.19 Peacepipe has opening suitable for .10 or smaller:

Take a look-see at what I got bottom fishing on Ebay Big_vs11

I use the .09-.19 Peacepipe successfully on my Enya .09-III TV.
GallopingGhostler
GallopingGhostler
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  NEW222 on Thu 17 Jan 2019, 11:27

rsv1cox wrote:
GallopingGhostler wrote:

Do a take-down show and tell.  Being the only one here doing that sort of thing, I feel a little lonesome......

Bob

You're not alone. Some, ok me, are forgetful in the diligence to take before, after, and during pictures...... I am usually too excited to work on a new engine that my time I remember the pictures, it is either disassembled or already reassembled and cleaned..... I'll try harder next time. Honest.
NEW222
NEW222
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ticomareado on Thu 17 Jan 2019, 11:40

If it will flush out and flip nice with just a careful removal of glow plug, back plate (to conserve gasket) and removal of NV assembly for cleaning, I'd just go with an external cleaning. Better to let sleeping dogs lie with piston-sleeve fit.
ticomareado
ticomareado
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox on Thu 17 Jan 2019, 12:16

ticomareado wrote:If it will flush out and flip nice with just a careful removal of glow plug, back plate (to conserve gasket) and removal of NV assembly for cleaning, I'd just go with an external cleaning. Better to let sleeping dogs lie with piston-sleeve fit.

I get that, goes to my "better a little dirty than a little broken" thing.

But these engines are robust and beg for investigations. It's a learning gig, not just for the doer but for the viewer as well.

Bob
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ticomareado on Thu 17 Jan 2019, 12:58

Have fun cutting the gaskets!!
ticomareado
ticomareado
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  GallopingGhostler on Thu 17 Jan 2019, 14:01

ticomareado wrote:Have fun cutting the gaskets!!
RTV gasket maker is my friend. Very Happy Cool Eyebrows Smoking sunny

Take a look-see at what I got bottom fishing on Ebay Permat10
GallopingGhostler
GallopingGhostler
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  GallopingGhostler on Sun 20 Jan 2019, 17:29

Another bottom fishing experience, just won off E-Bay a Duromatic McCoy die cast crankcase .29 for $11.50 + $7.34 for $18.84 US total.

Take a look-see at what I got bottom fishing on Ebay Duroma10
Take a look-see at what I got bottom fishing on Ebay Duroma11
Take a look-see at what I got bottom fishing on Ebay Duroma13
GallopingGhostler
GallopingGhostler
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Cribbs74 on Sun 20 Jan 2019, 18:11

You’re on a roll now George. You certainly have an affinity for the unloved engines.

Do you have a tach? I haven’t read anything good about peace pipes. It would be interesting to see how restrictive they are. I don’t own any and have no way to test.

Ron
Cribbs74
Cribbs74

Trusted Seller

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ticomareado on Sun 20 Jan 2019, 19:15

Did it come to you all clean as pictured?
ticomareado
ticomareado
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  GallopingGhostler on Sun 20 Jan 2019, 20:34

Cribbs74 wrote:You’re on a roll now George. You certainly have an affinity for the unloved engines.
They may seem to be unloved, but they are performers, not by today's standards, but in their day they were considered decent. The Duromatic McCoy .29 was prior to the Testor's purchase of the company, which made marketing decisions to use cheaper materials than Dick McCoy intended to undercut competition. Along with their lack of proper quality assurance in some years resulted in less than satisfactory engines in some cases.

Cribbs74 wrote:Do you have a tach? I haven’t read anything good about peace pipes. It would be interesting to see how restrictive they are. I don’t own any and have no way to test.
I now have a tach. When I get a chance, will run some numbers may be in Spring. Regarding restrictiveness, yes, the Calumet mufflers were among the worst of the lot with a very restrictive internal baffle and hardly any expansion chamber.

Calumet internal baffles on an Enya .19-VI TV:
Take a look-see at what I got bottom fishing on Ebay Enya_110

Baffles removed by grinding, a McCoy .19 Red Head still ran hot in spite of:
Take a look-see at what I got bottom fishing on Ebay Tatone13

The Peacepipes are decent provided you put them on the low spectrum down to smaller engines than indicated. Didn't get a chance to show you when you were here before, but my Enya .09-III TV with .09-.19 Peacepipe flew really well on RC, a really good upgrade for an anemic .049 aircraft. This is why I put the .29-.40 Peacepipe on an Enya .15-III TV, which is right sized for it.

ticomareado wrote:Did it come to you all clean as pictured?
The last 2 of the 3 engines, the Stallion .35 RC and McCoy .29 CL are in shipping but not received yet, photos are from E-Bay. The Fox .15X-RC came in a couple days ago. I'll run a story on them when I clean them up.
GallopingGhostler
GallopingGhostler
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  GallopingGhostler on Sun 03 Feb 2019, 21:00

Tonight, won another K&B .35 Stallion, this time a very clean CL version, $21.50 + $9.60 shipping = $31.10 total.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-K-amp-B-35-STALLION-Model-Airplane-Engine-/333034843994

Take a look-see at what I got bottom fishing on Ebay 2019-019

Take a look-see at what I got bottom fishing on Ebay 2019-020

Take a look-see at what I got bottom fishing on Ebay 2019-021

Take a look-see at what I got bottom fishing on Ebay 2019-022

Ships from East Coast so I'll probably receive by next week Saturday.
GallopingGhostler
GallopingGhostler
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox on Mon 04 Feb 2019, 07:14

That does look extremely clean George. Love the brass NVA and round black venturi insert. Shipped from Maryland. We lived there for many years.

I have seen a few "Blue" heads listed lately. Not a bidder but more of a dreamer.

Bbo
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ticomareado on Mon 04 Feb 2019, 07:24

I'd shine a light down glow plug hole to verify cleanliness, verify turn over, compression, and bushing fit. If A-OK, plug venturi and exhaust with Silly Putty, give her a good wash, rinse, dry-- then oil it internally and on gasket edges and finish off with aluminum polish and off to the display cabinet
ticomareado
ticomareado
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  getback on Mon 04 Feb 2019, 07:51

Good looking Stallion George , thats good to know about the Piece Pipes i have a couple and like the way the look . Its not so much the noise around here it is the nitro mess direction Babe Bee .049
getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next