Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register! Guests are limited to posting in the "General Questions (Guest Posting Allowed)" section only. Becoming a member is fast, easy and FREE!

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Mattel's Hot Wheels fans, a heads-up
by Davenz13 Today at 12:46 am

» Cox International Diesel
by coxaddict Today at 12:21 am

» WOW They came!!!!
by 944_Jim Yesterday at 11:46 pm

» coping plans
by Dave P. Yesterday at 11:45 pm

» QRC Style Muffler
by GallopingGhostler Yesterday at 11:36 pm

» Large Cox Parts Lot
by batjac Yesterday at 9:17 pm

» Got it!............... :)
by NEW222 Yesterday at 6:31 pm

» "Birth of the Pee Wee" Product Ad and Engine Review Model Airplane News February 1958
by NEW222 Yesterday at 6:27 pm

» Action van disks
by Liquidice Yesterday at 5:32 pm

» Look what followed me home
by GallopingGhostler Yesterday at 3:56 pm

Cox Engine of The Month
November-2018
1/2A Nut's

"Speedy Teedy .020"

PAST WINNERS
Speed Contest 2018
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
The Traveling Prop
Gallery

World of Aviation

Triumph Trident M/C

Go down

Triumph Trident M/C

Post  Davenz13 on Wed Oct 31, 2018 2:26 am

In 1974 I bought a brand new Norton 850 Commando for NZ$2400. The bike cost $2200 and $200 hire-purchase fee. Norton's were a little dearer than a Bonneville ($NZ1800) but a Trident was probably about the same as the Norton.
There's a New in the Crate 1975 Triumph 750 Trident on eBay and the bidding, at the time of writing this with 5 days and 14 hrs to go, is at US$25,100.00 (about NZ$38,262.20).Damn!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1975-Triumph-Trident/163337685730?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

Davenz13
Gold Member
Gold Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Triumph Trident M/C

Post  KariFS on Wed Oct 31, 2018 2:46 am

Well, you know those NIB prices... Shocked
KariFS
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  getback on Wed Oct 31, 2018 9:18 am

Damn i thought model engines were HI !!! drunken
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Cribbs74 on Wed Oct 31, 2018 9:59 am

I have a 74 Trident. Maybe I should post it up on Ebay and sell it to the second highest bidder!!!!
Cribbs74

Trusted Seller

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Marleysky on Wed Oct 31, 2018 12:18 pm

Wow, and I thought I had a problem of buying kits and putting them away and forgetting I had them! But to forget a Motorcycle?   Now, will the new owner open the crate and build the bike, or keep that NIB for future collectors? lol!  

Ron, I would PM the second highest bidder and offer yours at a small discount for being assembled and tested!!
Marleysky
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

I Support My Forum

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  KariFS on Wed Oct 31, 2018 2:12 pm

To unbox or not? Quite a dilemma indeed!

One could get a perfectly good Trident for a lot less. After a few thousand miles the NIB bike would be ”just another” low-mile example. It would still be a beautiful bike, and by no means a common one, but worth a lot less than $25k. And after 45 years in the box, you would have to take it partially apart to replace any deteriorated parts before any serious riding... Huh...

To buy it just to keep it in the crate, can’t really see the point in that either.

But to each his own, I guess.

KariFS
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Davenz13 on Wed Oct 31, 2018 5:03 pm

Holy Moly, 4 days 23 hrs to go and it's now at US$30,100.00 (NZ$45,884.15)
That extra 15 cents killed it for me lol!
Davenz13
Gold Member
Gold Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  GallopingGhostler on Thu Nov 01, 2018 12:18 am

I suppose one in the crate would assure 100% authenticity of all parts, plus zero riding time except may be that the engine was test run at the factory. Plus, unless condensation was a problem, there would be no fading of the paint or plastic due to sunlight. Someone wealthy like Jay Leno could then send it to his special team and refurb and prep it where required to replace age deteriorated parts and clean out any dried lubricants, plus mitigate any corrosion that may have occurred.

None of us have the means to embark in such an adventure. We buy old sometimes well worn stuff and rejuvenate it to our satisfaction, which may be less than what a historic museum would do.
GallopingGhostler
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  fredvon4 on Thu Nov 01, 2018 12:01 pm

my biggest dumb regret....the wall came down and eastern Europe was open for travel...Visited the Czech republic. While on our third trip to Prague I met a guy who had three Army Harley 45s in Crates for the price of 5000 dollars US....I had just the year before bought my first New Harley a 1984 FXR for $8300...and I thought $5K for an old military 45 was too much

silly me

Another part of the pass was no idea how I could ship it to Germany and Then Back to the states.... Crated Military motorcycles did not come with Statements of Origin, Titles, or any papers with serial numbers...a pure legal and logistic nightmare....
fredvon4
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Trusted Seller

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mike1484 on Thu Nov 01, 2018 1:11 pm

I have a brand new in the crate Tee Dee .049 I could sell you for a lot less than that Trident . lol! I love Triumphs and have had 5 of them , but I'm a rider /user of bikes not a collector . Just sold my last one this year , a 1970 T100 S That I rebuilt from a basket case . To many hobbies and not enough time ...

Mike1484
Mike1484
Silver Member
Silver Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  GallopingGhostler on Thu Nov 01, 2018 2:43 pm

fredvon4 wrote:my biggest dumb regret....the wall came down and eastern Europe was open for travel...Visited the Czech republic. While on our third trip to Prague I met a guy who had three Army Harley 45s in Crates for the price of 5000 dollars US....I had just the year before bought my first New Harley a 1984 FXR for $8300...and I thought $5K for an old military 45 was too much silly me

Another part of the pass was no idea how I could ship it to Germany and Then Back to the states.... Crated Military motorcycles did not come with Statements of Origin, Titles, or any papers with serial numbers...a pure legal and logistic nightmare....

In the 1950's, my father while in the Air Force had an opportunity to buy Texas Instruments stock. Their major development? The Integrated Circuit chip. Years later he would express regret that he never jumped on that opportunity.

Fred, looking to the positive, at the time I gather you didn't have the financial nor legal resources to mitigate such a shipment. And, inasmuch as such would be nice to have, it also would have been a theft magnet over here. Someone not long ago had one of the original Harleys dating back to before WW1. It was stolen here in Clovis. He never recovered it. It was worth even more than a WW2 era Harley.

A Harley museum had for sale copies of the original Army maintenance TM for that WW2 Harley. I bought 2 for around $16 apiece, gave them as going away gifts to our motorcycle chapter members leaving the area. Can't tell you what Internet site as that was about 4 years ago, but you may be able to find it.

I told the Methodist pastor couple that was leaving during their last chapter meeting with us, that he should be able to make use of it as there hasn't been much changes with his Harley over the past 70 years. Laughing
Mike1484 wrote:I have a brand new in the crate Tee Dee .049 I could sell you for a lot less than that Trident . lol! I love Triumphs and have had 5 of them , but I'm a rider /user of bikes not a collector . Just sold my last one this year , a 1970 T100 S That I rebuilt from a basket case . To many hobbies and not enough time ...
Collecting model plane engines except for a rare few is a lot easier to squeak past the Mrs. Eyebrows eBay lol!
GallopingGhostler
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down