Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

Well, well, my first Biplane for Cox! VIDEOS!! - Page 4 Cox_ba12

Well, well, my first Biplane for Cox! VIDEOS!! - Page 4 Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Indexing COX cylinders
by davidll1984 Today at 7:56 am

» Another of C.T. engines cleaned ---- Cox Tee Dee .09 --- Just today (3/26/2024) more Cox parts
by Yabby Today at 7:47 am

» Introducing our Cox .049 TD Engines
by Yabby Today at 6:33 am

» STUKA bomb dimentions needed
by latole Today at 5:44 am

» 1/2a Skyray plans?
by 944_Jim Yesterday at 10:14 pm

» Postage stamp backplates
by JPvelo Yesterday at 8:52 pm

» my attempt at making an exhaust throttle for Cox .049
by roddie Yesterday at 8:20 pm

» Cosmic Winds, - Big Guy, Little Guys, Silver Guy and Wounded Guy.
by rsv1cox Yesterday at 5:18 pm

» My friend Ramón, his Cox .09 & Cox .010
by MauricioB Yesterday at 12:31 pm

» Parts Cox TD-4
by rsv1cox Yesterday at 8:40 am

» On ebay a very special Cox engine
by davidll1984 Yesterday at 6:32 am

» Introducing the new - "QZ" RR-1
by Admin Yesterday at 12:51 am

Cox Engine of The Month
March-2024
balogh's

"COX Budapest" .049 engine

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

Well, well, my first Biplane for Cox! VIDEOS!! - Page 4 Empty
Live on Patrol

Well, well, my first Biplane for Cox! VIDEOS!!

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Well, well, my first Biplane for Cox! VIDEOS!! - Page 4 Empty Re: Well, well, my first Biplane for Cox! VIDEOS!!

Post  roddie Sat Feb 16, 2019 9:02 am

balogh wrote: tell me please how the exhaust pipe finally works in keeping the castor out from the cowl? Did you place anything to seal between the muffler outlet and the pipe inlet?

I had a thought about this, when watching how Mauricio made the exhaust pipe in the video. Maybe it's possible to place a "compression-spring" over the pipe to fit in-between the flange and the inside of the cowl? A silicone gasket could then be used to "seal" in-between the pipe-flange and the engine and held in-place by spring-tension. (this is assuming that the pipe slides in and out of the cowl.. which I believe it does..)

Here's an example..

Well, well, my first Biplane for Cox! VIDEOS!! - Page 4 Exhaus11
roddie
roddie
Top Poster
Top Poster

http://www.stilburnin.com

Back to top Go down

Well, well, my first Biplane for Cox! VIDEOS!! - Page 4 Empty Re: Well, well, my first Biplane for Cox! VIDEOS!!

Post  MauricioB Sat Feb 16, 2019 9:27 am

roddie wrote:
balogh wrote: tell me please how the exhaust pipe finally works in keeping the castor out from the cowl? Did you place anything to seal between the muffler outlet and the pipe inlet?

I had a thought about this, when watching how Mauricio made the exhaust pipe in the video. Maybe it's possible to place a "compression-spring" over the pipe to fit in-between the flange and the inside of the cowl? A silicone gasket could then be used to "seal" in-between the pipe-flange and the engine and held in-place by spring-tension. (this is assuming that the pipe slides in and out of the cowl.. which I believe it does..)

Here's an example..

Well, well, my first Biplane for Cox! VIDEOS!! - Page 4 Exhaus11

Friends ... I am very happy for all your support and comments, sincerely many thanks!
Once I know the Bi-Hawk well, I will make some more videos to share with all of you. Remember that the original plane does not have ailerons, and I made them, they are really very efficient and I was able to make some barrels very comfortable, so surely, I will be as soon as I can making more flights to share.
Roddie, that which you point out is a very good idea, friend, but that would be applicable if there is a lot of distance between the parts, in this case, there are only 1.5 mm of distance between the original exhaust outlet of the engine and the tube. gas exhauster.
András, first of all thank you very much for your evaluations, as I said before and to all of you, Here I leave the detail of the "board" between the original escape and the postizo.
It is a board made of EVA rubber, so we call it here (it is used for crafts in schools), very efficient, it is stuck on the exhaust tube, with cyanoacrylate, and the motor compresses this joint when it is screwed in your bench, everything is very good there and fulfills the function perfectly.
I leave some photos! ...
Well, well, my first Biplane for Cox! VIDEOS!! - Page 4 20190211
Well, well, my first Biplane for Cox! VIDEOS!! - Page 4 20190210
MauricioB
MauricioB
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Levent Suberk Sat Feb 16, 2019 9:39 am

RTV silicone caulk is better than CA glue? CA glue dissolves with fuel at least I know.
Levent Suberk
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  MauricioB Sat Feb 16, 2019 9:48 am

Levent Suberk wrote:RTV silicone caulk is better than CA glue? CA glue dissolves with fuel at least I know.

There is a lot of pressure there, between the original camera of the engine and the mouth of the tube, even without glue it would be held there without escaping.
Anyway, time will tell how long it lasts there! ... thank you friend for your suggestion! Thumbs Up
MauricioB
MauricioB
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  MauricioB Sun Feb 17, 2019 11:02 pm

Andras, here you can appreciate the operation of the gas outlet ...
A hug dear friend! Beer Cheers
MauricioB
MauricioB
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  balogh Mon Feb 18, 2019 12:54 am

Thank you Mauricio! Your exhaust pipe works very well and the RC Medallion is also very responsive. What is the size of propeller? A 5x3?
balogh
balogh
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  KariFS Mon Feb 18, 2019 2:08 am

Another beautiful product of "Mauricio Airplane Factory" Very Happy

Very nicely finished plane, and I agree with Andras, the throttle response of the Medallion is amazing.

I admire your pilot skills, I can barely handle planes that practically fly by themselves... I hope someday I will be half as good a pilot as you Beer Cheers
KariFS
KariFS
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  MauricioB Mon Feb 18, 2019 8:23 am

András, the propeller is a Master Airscrew 6x4 maximum 13450 rpm.
Kari, thank you for your message ... everything is possible, just love what you do, try again and again, even when the result is the worst, feel so much love inside, that to try again is the price of reaffirming the passion we feel for what we do! Very Happy cheers
MauricioB
MauricioB
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  MauricioB Mon Feb 18, 2019 8:48 am

I am very happy with this model, so today is my day off, so I went to the club early ... there I saw a beautiful sunrise.
The dew reigned all over the place, (the track was soaked in water just from the dew), you can see my shoes ... the model had to be thrown by hand ... observe the landing and the behavior of the engine ... it is incredible .
I lived some beautiful hours there and now I share with you my friends ...

Well, well, my first Biplane for Cox! VIDEOS!! - Page 4 20190212
Well, well, my first Biplane for Cox! VIDEOS!! - Page 4 20190214
Well, well, my first Biplane for Cox! VIDEOS!! - Page 4 20190213

MauricioB
MauricioB
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  ticomareado Mon Feb 18, 2019 9:18 am

I'm very envious of all that wide open Argentine pampa free flight space.
ticomareado
ticomareado
Account Under Review

Back to top Go down

Post  Dave P. Mon Feb 18, 2019 9:45 am

Simply outstanding, Mauricio.  A beautiful airplane, very well constructed.  Your engine runs exceptionally well too.  Very, very impressive.

Thank you for documenting the whole thing, start to finish.  What a great thread!
Dave P.
Dave P.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  getback Mon Feb 18, 2019 9:58 am

Thank You Mauricio !! You bring tears to my eyes Friend !! Your passes are so close sometime give me the shake Shocked That one that cae over your shoulder out of nowhere got me good lol!  I see ur getting very use to the plane and it responds to you like a child . Very good to see you having the time of your life out there doing what you like Best !! Biplane Futaba Radio Crazy Eyes Beers !!! Big Hug my Friend !

Last edited by getback on Mon Feb 18, 2019 10:00 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : add hug hehe)
getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  ticomareado Mon Feb 18, 2019 10:20 am

I bet that Medallion is unwinding to 17K plus in the air. That plane moves like a control line model with .19 engine.
ticomareado
ticomareado
Account Under Review

Back to top Go down

Post  1/2A Nut Mon Feb 18, 2019 10:26 am

Lovely sunny day sunny  for flying Mauricio, thank you for sharing your flight with us! Thumbs Up

Well, well, my first Biplane for Cox! VIDEOS!! - Page 4 Cox_me13
Fireworks  Small Cox Logo RC Plane Small Cox Logo  Fireworks
1/2A Nut
1/2A Nut
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  MauricioB Tue Feb 19, 2019 4:41 am

Thank you guys for being there and sharing your thoughts with me ... I'm very happy that you like the model and I'm really getting to know it and it has a very safe and spectacular flight.
I have made inverted flights and the model maintains the line practically without supporting the depth lever, very very stable ... as soon as I have a video to share here I will do it.
Finally it has been a day of rest and joys for me! ... Thank God with temperature, hardly a breeze of wind and amazing visibility ... so all I have left is to thank that everything went very well.
I leave some photos and already beginning to darken ... the moon there in the background ending the day! Beer Cheers Beer Cheers cheers

Well, well, my first Biplane for Cox! VIDEOS!! - Page 4 20190216
Well, well, my first Biplane for Cox! VIDEOS!! - Page 4 20190215
MauricioB
MauricioB
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Marleysky Tue Feb 26, 2019 6:05 pm

Great plane, super video , really enjoyed watching you fly. thanks for sharing with us!

Marleysky
Marleysky
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  TLAnderson Tue Feb 26, 2019 7:05 pm

That's a cool looking airplane. Great job. Thumbs Up

TLAnderson
TLAnderson
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  MauricioB Tue Feb 26, 2019 8:57 pm

Marleysky wrote:Great plane, super video , really enjoyed watching you fly. thanks for sharing with us!

Thank you very much friend!!... Beer Cheers
MauricioB
MauricioB
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  MauricioB Tue Feb 26, 2019 8:58 pm

TLAnderson wrote:That's a cool looking airplane. Great job. Thumbs Up

Thanks, you're very kind! Beer Cheers Thumbs Up
MauricioB
MauricioB
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4