Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

Mis-anodized .049 crankcases and 8cc Stunt tanks Cox_ba12

Mis-anodized .049 crankcases and 8cc Stunt tanks Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» my attempt at making an exhaust throttle for Cox .049
by balogh Today at 12:07 am

» Testers Sprite engine swap
by Greenman38633 Yesterday at 9:32 pm

» Elfin 0.5cc (Arnie Hende replica)
by dan vincent Yesterday at 9:18 pm

» Introducing our Cox .049 TD Engines
by layback209 Yesterday at 9:10 pm

» Anderson Baby Spitfire - looking for the aft tank and gasket
by Boats13 Yesterday at 8:18 pm

» Fuel residue stain clening help
by akjgardner Yesterday at 7:53 pm

» Another of C.T. engines cleaned ---- Cox Tee Dee .09 --- Just today (3/26/2024) more Cox parts
by sosam117 Yesterday at 5:55 pm

» Cox powered boat litle shrimp hidroplane
by davidll1984 Yesterday at 2:52 pm

» Introducing the new - "QZ" RR-1
by roddie Yesterday at 1:08 pm

» STUKA bomb dimentions needed
by latole Yesterday at 9:36 am

» Indexing COX cylinders
by davidll1984 Yesterday at 7:56 am

» 1/2a Skyray plans?
by 944_Jim Wed Mar 27, 2024 10:14 pm

Cox Engine of The Month
March-2024
balogh's

"COX Budapest" .049 engine

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

Mis-anodized .049 crankcases and 8cc Stunt tanks Empty
Live on Patrol

Mis-anodized .049 crankcases and 8cc Stunt tanks

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Mis-anodized .049 crankcases and 8cc Stunt tanks Empty Mis-anodized .049 crankcases and 8cc Stunt tanks

Post  Cox International Thu Feb 07, 2019 5:13 pm

We ordered gold fuel tanks and got bronze ones instead; so we are selling them with a 40% discount https://coxengines.ca/8cc-aluminum-stunt-fuel-tank-bronze.html?cat=1

We ordered golden crankcases and got Huh... so we are selling them with a 65% discount  https://coxengines.ca/cox-.049-.051-crankcase-flawed-anodizing.html?cat=1
Cox International
Cox International
Top Poster
Top Poster

Official Cox Dealer

http://www.coxengines.com

Back to top Go down

Mis-anodized .049 crankcases and 8cc Stunt tanks Empty Re: Mis-anodized .049 crankcases and 8cc Stunt tanks

Post  NEW222 Thu Feb 07, 2019 5:19 pm

Wow. Is the finish smooth, or is it lightly textured like it looks? They are definately different!
NEW222
NEW222
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Mis-anodized .049 crankcases and 8cc Stunt tanks Empty Re: Mis-anodized .049 crankcases and 8cc Stunt tanks

Post  Cox International Thu Feb 07, 2019 5:28 pm

Sort of smooth but definitely spotty.

However, for someone simply looking for a new part to fix up an engine, it won't matter as the mis-anodizing will not affect performance.
Cox International
Cox International
Top Poster
Top Poster

Official Cox Dealer

Back to top Go down

Post  roddie Thu Feb 07, 2019 6:04 pm

Do the tank-bowls and the crankcases match in color/texture?
roddie
roddie
Top Poster
Top Poster

http://www.stilburnin.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Cox International Thu Feb 07, 2019 6:08 pm

They do not, sorry.

Cox International
Cox International
Top Poster
Top Poster

Official Cox Dealer

Back to top Go down

Post  Jason_WI Thu Feb 07, 2019 8:22 pm

Good to make rat rod engines. Mix n match colors. The bronze tank would look good with a red crankcase.
Jason_WI
Jason_WI
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark Boesen Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:25 pm

Jason_WI wrote:Good to make rat rod engines. Mix n match colors. The bronze tank would look good with a red crankcase.  

lol, yep, new custom engine! trim with red or blue tank and opposite color spinner!
Mark Boesen
Mark Boesen
Top Poster
Top Poster

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/049Collectors/

Back to top Go down

Post  getback Fri Feb 08, 2019 9:57 am

The tanks don't look that bad CC is another thing BUT the price is right !! Small Cox Logo Babe Bee .049 Small Cox Logo
getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Mis-anodized .049 crankcases and 8cc Stunt tanks Empty Mis-anodized .049 crankcases and 8cc Stunt tanks

Post  Jenuine Motor Fri Feb 08, 2019 5:21 pm

Good Afternoon Bernie, I looked a the Bronze / Burnt Deep Oranger? and it is a shame that this happened to the Tanks. I have found it impossible to get the quality of Anodizing one may want through an anodizing company. Here in Portland when I first got into Cox engines and wanted to do "Something Different" on a Bee or Tee Dee Or? I was Quoted an "Un-Godly Sum and no guarantee of quality.
So I started doing  my own. I learned from the school of "Hard Knocks". However, I alway's Polish before anodizing removing the tooling marks on what I guess was close to the end of Cox as we new it in the 60's-70's crankcases. Even NOS stock in the Bag for a few years have a large amount of Striations along the bottom of the Cox Bee"s and .74 crankcases. They Drive Me Crazy. What happened to your tanks is what I call Industrialized. Also, in speaking with people who don't know alot about anodizing, You do not have every option of the rainbow to chose from. Most is mixed to what you like.
Anodizing world /Toronto Cycle shutdown where I used to get my chemicals and dye's. I am now doing a change up to Caswell Platting. However they are very expensive, mark up must be 65%, so now it is getting more expensive to anodize. Over the years I have been collecting the Colors I really Like after use and ""Properly" Preping them for the shelf. I found a blue I did for a friend, that had a date of I believe it was 2015 that had gotten pushed back on the shelf, I believe Carl / carne234 will have the Blue 8cc listed on ebay shortly.Good Luck and if you need something personally done for yourself, let me know, I owe You One.
As for anyone on the Forum, If I have offended you, My apologizies, just what my eye's have seen, and my Ear's have heard.
Jenuine-motor
Jenuine Motor
Jenuine Motor
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Cox International Fri Feb 08, 2019 5:36 pm

Thanks James Smile

The first time the anodizer did those two parts in gold, they were superb!

What I believe happened is that they accidentally did them in copper (they made our CopperHead parts as well). After realizing their mistake, they stripped them and tried to make the crankcases gold and then accidentally made the tanks in copper again … sigh.

Cox International
Cox International
Top Poster
Top Poster

Official Cox Dealer

Back to top Go down

Post  Jenuine Motor Fri Feb 08, 2019 5:54 pm

Bernie, it is th end of my Day, and I just wanted to bring one issue up and that is if they stripped /chemically more tham once, one strip is nornal part of the process, I have hd to throughout a couple of new items as I made a mistake in anodizing and they were not a good fit. I am glad to hear that You do have someone to work with, that can give you the look or color You are Looking for.
I am not usually on the Forum as there is not enough time in the day to do what I do. I was in search for possibly an article/Review from Peter Chinn, as he did some great evaluations of some of the cox engines that were produced. Then I got to thinking, if I am reading an article in 1972-4-6, also earlier and they show a picture of him and atwood, He Has Probably Passed, and I am seeing more and more of that. And it Hurts.
So Again, Thank You for your time /Patience
Jim "P" Jenuine-motor
Jenuine Motor
Jenuine Motor
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  crankbndr Fri Feb 08, 2019 6:05 pm

Im going to have to say those pieces are BUTT UGLY!! They need to be buried like nuclear waste. Down here we have and ugliest dog contest, those would win the ugly Cox contest.
Make a few up and see if they sell, hope you didn't loose a large lot.
crankbndr
crankbndr
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Jason_WI Fri Feb 08, 2019 6:09 pm

crankbndr wrote:Im going to have to say those pieces are BUTT UGLY!! They need to be buried like nuclear waste. Down here we have and ugliest dog contest, those would win the ugly Cox contest.

I got some of those "butt ugly" tanks and crank cases coming along with a few other goodies. I'm going to build one up and submit it to the EOM contest Smile

Can never seem to keep my orders under $200........

I would have ordered more but I see the anodized head clamps and insert plugs are no longer being offered.....
Jason_WI
Jason_WI
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Cox International Sat Feb 09, 2019 11:32 am

crankbndr wrote:Im going to have to say those pieces are BUTT UGLY!! They need to be buried like nuclear waste. Down here we have and ugliest dog contest, those would win the ugly Cox contest.

They are not pretty lol!

There are 225 pieces but they are selling well at reduced pricing. For someone what wants inexpensive but new replacement parts, the discolouring is irrelevant.
Cox International
Cox International
Top Poster
Top Poster

Official Cox Dealer

Back to top Go down

Post  Cox International Sat Feb 09, 2019 11:36 am

Jason_WI wrote:

I got some of those "butt ugly" tanks and crank cases coming along with a few other goodies. I'm going to build one up and submit it to the EOM contest Smile

Can never seem to keep my orders under $200........

I would have ordered more but I see the anodized head clamps and insert plugs are no longer being offered.....

Thanks Jason Very Happy

Tip for keeping orders under $200:
Place an order for $195.
Pay for it
Repeat immediately
Result = orders are under $200 Clapping

Since Merlin went out of business, we don't sell the clamp rings and inserts but are working on a replacement product.
Cox International
Cox International
Top Poster
Top Poster

Official Cox Dealer

Back to top Go down

Post  GallopingGhostler Sat Feb 09, 2019 12:29 pm

Jason_WI wrote:I got some of those "butt ugly" tanks and crank cases coming along with a few other goodies. I'm going to build one up and submit it to the EOM contest Smile
They could be a good upgrade for Bob's Franken-Roy-Mobile. Devil sunny lol!
GallopingGhostler
GallopingGhostler
Top Poster
Top Poster

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Levent Suberk Sat Feb 09, 2019 1:05 pm

I think that they can be spray painted. Small Cox Logo Babe Bee .049
Levent Suberk
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox Sat Feb 09, 2019 1:26 pm

GallopingGhostler wrote:
Jason_WI wrote:I got some of those "butt ugly" tanks and crank cases coming along with a few other goodies. I'm going to build one up and submit it to the EOM contest Smile

Ok, that sent me over the edge. Ordered two of each plus some other stuff.

Fly ugly........... Smile

Bob
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Cox International Sat Feb 09, 2019 2:14 pm

rsv1cox wrote:
GallopingGhostler wrote:

Ok, that sent me over the edge.  Ordered two of each plus some other stuff.

Bob

Thanks Bob and please keep in mind that, for $9.95, you get three crankcases … so you need to buy four more tanks lol!
Cox International
Cox International
Top Poster
Top Poster

Official Cox Dealer

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox Sat Feb 09, 2019 4:42 pm

Cox International wrote:
rsv1cox wrote:
GallopingGhostler wrote:

Ok, that sent me over the edge.  Ordered two of each plus some other stuff.

Bob

Thanks Bob and please keep in mind that, for $9.95, you get three crankcases … so you need to buy four more tanks lol!

Embarassed Embarassed Looks like I will be flying a lot uglier.

Those will match the gold painted PO's installed ugly engine mount.
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Jason_WI Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:05 pm

Nuclear waste!

Mis-anodized .049 crankcases and 8cc Stunt tanks 04456b10
Jason_WI
Jason_WI
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  GallopingGhostler Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:32 pm

It actually looks good. Smoking Tired w/ Coffee Read Popcorn Thumbs Up Beer Cheers
GallopingGhostler
GallopingGhostler
Top Poster
Top Poster

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark Boesen Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:39 pm

ditto!
Mark Boesen
Mark Boesen
Top Poster
Top Poster

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/049Collectors/

Back to top Go down

Post  Oldenginerod Wed Feb 20, 2019 4:25 am

The tank sort of looks like a "hammertone" finish. Not so bad after all.
Oldenginerod
Oldenginerod
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  getback Wed Feb 20, 2019 6:42 am

Nuclear waste! lol! lol! lol! lol! I Love This Forum! Still waiting on mine
getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next