Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register! Guests are limited to posting in the "General Questions (Guest Posting Allowed)" section only. Becoming a member is fast, easy and FREE!

Fox .15 Round 3! Babe_b10

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Cox Engine of The Month
June-2019
robot797's

"cox 049 gasoline"

More info on this engine!

PAST WINNERS
Speed Contest 2019
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
The Traveling Prop
Gallery

Fox .15 Round 3! Empty
World of Aviation

Fox .15 Round 3!

Go down

Fox .15 Round 3! Empty Fox .15 Round 3!

Post  NEW222 on Thu Feb 14, 2019 5:57 pm

So, today I guess I can say Happy Valentines Day to me! My other Fox .15 parts and parts engines had arrived here safely. So, I now have a couple more projects to work on, and am thankful for it. The steel fin .15 turns over very snugly, but does turn over. The other .15x does have very little compression as was told in e-mail between Paul and myself. So I now can take my time to diagnose it and try to find out where the problem is. With this all said, I am starting to feel like one that may just start to collect Fox engines now too. Gotta have a hobby!
Fox .15 Round 3! F110
NEW222
NEW222
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Fox .15 Round 3! Empty Re: Fox .15 Round 3!

Post  aspeed on Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:08 pm

You do know that is the motor used for the engine hurl event. Take the needle valve assembly out first.
aspeed
aspeed
Gold Member
Gold Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Cribbs74 on Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:19 pm

The Fox hurl is an event that is based on fun, but is disparaging to the Fox .15X

The Fox .15X has a bit of a bad rap, for whatever reason. My guess is because of the bad needle and poor Fox plug.

Make the decision for yourself, in my experience they run very well and have adequate power for it’s intended use.

If I had to pick a Fox engine to hurl it would be the .10. Most gutless thing on the planet.
Cribbs74
Cribbs74

Trusted Seller

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  NEW222 on Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:36 pm

Who would want to hurl one of these little beauties? I could think of other engines to hurl. However, I have not yet run one, but am eagerly awaiting the weather to get nicer so I can! And while at it, I cannot wait for some free time so I can work on the newest additions to my family!
NEW222
NEW222
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  aspeed on Thu Feb 14, 2019 10:01 pm

They were about average for their day. Around the 1950s. pretty much everything designed since then was an improvement. They can get you puttering around fine. Fer sure skip the Fox plugs and needle valves. I have a remote needle valve made near the end of the Fox days that is OK. They finally got it right.
aspeed
aspeed
Gold Member
Gold Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Cribbs74 on Thu Feb 14, 2019 10:03 pm

By family I hope you are talking about your significant other. It’s Valentines, go have fun with your wife!
Cribbs74
Cribbs74

Trusted Seller

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Cribbs74 on Thu Feb 14, 2019 10:06 pm

aspeed wrote:They were about average for their day.  Around the 1950s.  pretty much everything designed since then was an improvement.  They can get you puttering around fine. Fer sure skip the Fox plugs and needle valves.  I have a remote needle valve made near the end of the Fox days that is OK.  They finally got it right.

Day late and a dollar short. Shame really as they had finally improved the offerings. I have a couple late needles. They work very well.
Cribbs74
Cribbs74

Trusted Seller

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  aspeed on Thu Feb 14, 2019 10:32 pm

I am certainly not a Fox fan. I grumbled when I had to buy a Fox .35 to race in the Foxberg class, and again with the LA .25 class and had to retire the Foxes. I really liked his out of the box designs and advertising in the day. I got a Fox .15 BB that is fairly docile, but I got to run pretty strong. even with the LA .15, maybe a bit better. But ya, too little, too late.
aspeed
aspeed
Gold Member
Gold Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  getback on Fri Feb 15, 2019 7:03 am

Good luck with the Fox .15x Chancey , hope you will keep us informed on the progress . I Love This Forum!
getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  YakNine on Fri Feb 15, 2019 7:33 am

The 15 X is a great Stunt / Sport engine they were top of the class in 62 or 63 when they first came out the design is 55 years old now a lot of things have changed since then, they are still relevant for today's flyer looking for an affordable small size sport motor, you might have to change the needle valves as I have ( my choice is the Super Tigre copy from RSM for 9 bucks ) There are many choices for glow plugs and you might have to doctor up your own fuel with a little more castor but I have enjoyed many many flights on my first one that I bought off Ebay for 6 bucks and probably run 2 gallons of fuel through it, I have 5 spares because I kept hearing they will wear out in a couple hours but that hasnt happened yet 7 years later. They are not a racing motor or a combat motor they are a FUN motor they also happen to be very light. Maybe I was born to late but I like the old stuff I like OK Cubs & Cox's Wen Mac's and Testor's I like figuring out how they like to be run and then go try them out. But that's just me your mileage may vary ! LOL
YakNine
YakNine
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down