Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

Anyone ever go here for your glow plugs..... Cox_ba12

Anyone ever go here for your glow plugs..... Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» STUKA bomb dimentions needed
by latole Today at 5:44 am

» Indexing COX cylinders
by balogh Today at 1:10 am

» 1/2a Skyray plans?
by 944_Jim Yesterday at 10:14 pm

» Postage stamp backplates
by JPvelo Yesterday at 8:52 pm

» my attempt at making an exhaust throttle for Cox .049
by roddie Yesterday at 8:20 pm

» Another of C.T. engines cleaned ---- Cox Tee Dee .09 --- Just today (3/26/2024) more Cox parts
by sosam117 Yesterday at 6:58 pm

» Cosmic Winds, - Big Guy, Little Guys, Silver Guy and Wounded Guy.
by rsv1cox Yesterday at 5:18 pm

» My friend Ramón, his Cox .09 & Cox .010
by MauricioB Yesterday at 12:31 pm

» Introducing our Cox .049 TD Engines
by Cox International Yesterday at 12:27 pm

» Parts Cox TD-4
by rsv1cox Yesterday at 8:40 am

» On ebay a very special Cox engine
by davidll1984 Yesterday at 6:32 am

» Introducing the new - "QZ" RR-1
by Admin Yesterday at 12:51 am

Cox Engine of The Month
March-2024
balogh's

"COX Budapest" .049 engine

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

Anyone ever go here for your glow plugs..... Empty
Live on Patrol

Anyone ever go here for your glow plugs.....

Go down

Anyone ever go here for your glow plugs..... Empty Anyone ever go here for your glow plugs.....

Post  rsv1cox Wed May 01, 2019 1:51 pm

rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Anyone ever go here for your glow plugs..... Empty Re: Anyone ever go here for your glow plugs.....

Post  NEW222 Wed May 01, 2019 7:43 pm

Yes, I have. I bought one or two before to use. As I do not know much about glow plugs yet, I can say this. It did arrive as packaged, looked good, and I did try it out in a couple engines. One was my MDS .40 on my Air Car Trainer, but I went back to an idle bar plug in it. The other one was an OS FP .40 that I was breaking in on the stand to replace the MDS engine. I can say that it did work good and I did not have any problems with it. It is back on my 4-way wrench right now as a spare, cause I was playing around with different plugs to see if I could see any differences. Also, I cannot say I got it from teh same vendor, but the packaging was the same.
NEW222
NEW222
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Anyone ever go here for your glow plugs..... Empty Re: Anyone ever go here for your glow plugs.....

Post  Marleysky Wed May 01, 2019 7:44 pm

Bob, I have not bought any from this web site. There was a modler on another balsa building forum who had and was excited about the good deal they offered.
I have not been disappointed in any of the items I’ve purchased from Oversea’s seller’s fairly quick shipping. I can’t support a LHS, cause there ain’t one. So, Internet shopping it is. lol!
Marleysky
Marleysky
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox Thu May 02, 2019 6:43 am

Sixteen bucks and free shipping for five glow plugs is hard to resist. Vice Thirty three $ and up for three or four Enya #3's.

The #3 Enya plug is the only plug I have bought for years and it's my go to plug. But yesterday I went through three plugs (not Enyas) that came on engines I was trying to run to no happiness.
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Oldenginerod Thu May 02, 2019 6:46 am

*Just to note, I wrote the following not having seens Bob's reply. His post bumped mine out of the way. You would think we had discussed the matter first.

I grabbed a few of the HSP plugs but haven't tried any yet.  Can't complain about the price.  Got them for under $5 AUD each (around $3.50 USD). Lot's of vendors selling them on-line.  I've read reports about them being equal to anything else out there.  If I could afford it, every engine in my fleet would be running Enya plugs- can't get better quality.   Still got the original plug from my first Enya .09- 45 years old- works a treat.
Oldenginerod
Oldenginerod
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  getback Thu May 02, 2019 9:15 am

They look good but have no idle bar witch for RC is a must most time / med. sport Humm
getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox Thu May 02, 2019 10:17 am

getback wrote:They look good but have no idle bar witch for RC is a must most time / med. sport Humm

I have never seen an idle bar Enya glow plug, doesn't mean they haven't made them in the past.

My best running engine of all time is this Enya .29 equipped Sterling Fledgling that I have had for years.  I flew it in Florida then sent it to Mark in Colorado where he added hi-vis stripes and flew it there.  It has an idle bar plug of unknown type, but I bet that Ken could ID it on sight.

Anyone ever go here for your glow plugs..... Fledgl10
Anyone ever go here for your glow plugs..... Fledgl11

My only other nitro R/C model is this plane that Kim sent me gratis years ago, all others are electric.  I love the thing, but it has never seen air time under my watch.  Still waiting for some of you R/C hot sticks to show up and fly it.  

Anyone ever go here for your glow plugs..... Cox_co23

Last edited by rsv1cox on Thu May 02, 2019 10:27 am; edited 1 time in total
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox Thu May 02, 2019 10:26 am

Oldenginerod wrote:*Just to note, I wrote the following not having seens Bob's reply.  His post bumped mine out of the way.  You would think we had discussed the matter first.

I grabbed a few of the HSP plugs but haven't tried any yet.  Can't complain about the price.  Got them for under $5 AUD each (around $3.50 USD). Lot's of vendors selling them on-line.  I've read reports about them being equal to anything else out there.  If I could afford it, every engine in my fleet would be running Enya plugs- can't get better quality.   Still got the original plug from my first Enya .09- 45 years old- works a treat.

Good to know Rod

I have robbed all the plugs from my stash of OK Cubs, and burned out several in the past few years so I'm looking for a cheaper alternative to Enya's to replace those. So I'm going to order several and will run some tests.

Ran the tracking number on your package Rod. Mailed 22 April and left LA for Australia on 1 May. Taking the leisurely route I guess, ok as long as it gets there and doesn't suffer the fate of a few of my recent shipments.

Bob

rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  getback Thu May 02, 2019 10:32 am

Nice , I have just been way more busy than i would like / between carbs./carb. jobs. coils going out then i just get the Scag 48 " Zero turn back from having a 2000 - engine and other things done to it and O yea the spindle finally came out from under the Troy Bilt POS roder , i am still trying to get some more seed and plants in the ground // Through my hands up (and some other things) after the Mantis mini tiller Coil went out after i put a carb. on it and ran 1 good time .... But is still on my list to FLY RC lol! RC Plane
getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox Thu May 02, 2019 12:00 pm

getback wrote:Nice , I have just been way more busy than i would like / between carbs./carb. jobs. coils going out then i just get the Scag 48 " Zero turn back from having a 2000 - engine and other things done to it and O yea the spindle finally came out from under the Troy Bilt POS roder , i am still trying to get some more seed and plants in the ground // Through my hands up (and some other things) after the Mantis mini tiller Coil went out after i put a carb. on it and ran 1 good time .... But is still on my list to FLY RC lol! RC Plane

I planted corn, bell peppers, watermelon, and squash last week Eric.

The previous owner left me (for a price) this 42" John Deere Z-225 which he had used for three years. I have added 10 years to that, beating it almost to death mowing 3 to 6 acres depending upon my mood.

I have had no problems with the motive part, but the mower deck has been repaired several times.

Anyone ever go here for your glow plugs..... Z225_e10

A ball to operate aren't they! Almost makes mowing fun.
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Oldenginerod Thu May 02, 2019 5:21 pm

rsv1cox wrote:
Ran the tracking number on your package Rod.  Mailed 22 April and left LA for Australia on 1 May.  Taking the leisurely route I guess, ok as long as it gets there and doesn't suffer the fate of a few of my recent shipments.

Bob

Yep.  Thanks Bob. Aussie tracking site shows nothing (as usual) except last stop Chicago. USPS only gives us one extra days location, then it vanishes into that Atlantic postal black hole.  Pretty typical.  Don't worry, it will get here (whatever it is!)
Oldenginerod
Oldenginerod
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox Thu May 02, 2019 6:29 pm

Oldenginerod wrote:
rsv1cox wrote:
Ran the tracking number on your package Rod.  Mailed 22 April and left LA for Australia on 1 May.  Taking the leisurely route I guess, ok as long as it gets there and doesn't suffer the fate of a few of my recent shipments.

Bob

Yep.  Thanks Bob. Aussie tracking site shows nothing (as usual) except last stop Chicago. USPS only gives us one extra days location, then it vanishes into that Atlantic postal black hole.  Pretty typical.  Don't worry, it will get here (whatever it is!)

Smile Smile

Here's a hint Rod:

https://www.coxengineforum.com/t12814-testors-series-21

rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  getback Fri May 03, 2019 7:36 am

I planted corn, bell peppers, watermelon, and squash last week Eric. wrote:
That sounds GOOD , Here bells are about 1;00 apiece Shocked i love them but thats hurts when you see them hanging on the vine Laughing I planted squash once Nothing , right now 9 in potters ready for the ground , cucumbers have been drowned out twice (( then my coil went out on mini tiller ))) No tongue silent Eyebrows Rolling Eyes Tomatoes going in hot barn lol Yep mowing is A Lot better Jeep
getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox Fri May 17, 2019 6:49 am

Got the glow plugs, Thirty one $ and change for 10 shipped. Made in Taiwan.

Looks to be a medium reach and heat range plug nicely made.

Shorty reach plug stripped the threads in one of my sand cast Enyas so I search out long reach plugs for them lessening the chance for stripped threads.

Anyone ever go here for your glow plugs..... Glow_p10
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  NEW222 Fri May 17, 2019 6:51 am

Have to ask. Did you get the N3 or N4? I had bought an N3 and seems to be ok.
NEW222
NEW222
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox Fri May 17, 2019 7:07 am

NEW222 wrote:Have to ask. Did you get the N3 or N4? I had bought an N3 and seems to be ok.

N3 which I think is the same as an A3 or Enya #3.  Should work ok in .09's and up, but I will be doing a comparison.

Lot's of discussion about plugs on the net. Some people sure get upset about heat range selection.
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  getback Fri May 17, 2019 8:00 am

[quote="Lot's of discussion about plugs on the net. Some people sure get upset about heat range selection."] Were you over at RC Groups ? 2 wks. at bad from Taiwan They look good hope the range will work for you / bee watching for the report Eyebrows
getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox Fri May 17, 2019 8:24 am

Yes pretty fast shipping.

Tracking shows the cargo plane landed in the US, probably LA on the 7th. Took the rest of the time to make it cross-country.

Yes, R/C Groups and others. I mostly lurk.

People on other forums can get uppity.

Bob
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  NEW222 Fri May 17, 2019 9:14 am

Me too, I do not know much about heat ranges as I am relatively new to these bigger engines. I put a plug in and it runs... I guess it would not hurt to do some research though so I would understand it better.
NEW222
NEW222
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox Fri May 17, 2019 9:31 am

NEW222 wrote:Me too, I do not know much about heat ranges as I am relatively new to these bigger engines. I put a plug in and it runs... I guess it would not hurt to do some research though so I would understand it better.

This is helpful

https://rogershobbycenter.com/allaboutglowplugs
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  getback Fri May 17, 2019 9:35 am

Well i do try and put the right range in you can Burn a hole in the top of the piston and overheating with to hot plugs and cold just don't perform / more castor blow by ( unburnt) I am sure there is a lot more to it But i am not going into it !?!? Laughing
getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Ken Cook Fri May 17, 2019 3:45 pm

Looking at the cards, they claim 5%-40% nitro. That's incorrect already. You can't have that wide of range of nitro with one singular plug. You can take a hot plug and run it on high nitro but it probably will be it's only run. In addition, pre-ignition takes place and the engine doesn't develop power correctly. It can also cause the engine to bump real hard when starting. Low nitro fuels used in stunt engines have a considerable amount of oil which requires a hot plug. Nitro for these application is normally 0-10% for hot plugs. Enya uses a good system for their ratings and they overlap a few percentages in terms of nitro use. Medium range plugs are generally 10%-20% and cold plugs take care from 25% on up. The hottest available plug on the market is the Thunderbolt. These are available for about $5.50 a piece and are probably the best plug one could buy for any of the engines generally mentioned on this forum aside from the pylon engines. One isn't going to experience loose posts, leaking posts, poor threads, or rapid failures.
Ken Cook
Ken Cook
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down