Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register! Guests are limited to posting in the "General Questions (Guest Posting Allowed)" section only. Becoming a member is fast, easy and FREE!

What's been happening? Babe_b10

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» So, I get this call from Mark while he is shopping a local flea market
by Admin Yesterday at 11:11 pm

» The Cars are the Stars Contest.
by Cribbs74 Yesterday at 11:09 pm

» Bad Weekend For A Wizard.....
by Cribbs74 Yesterday at 11:01 pm

» The adventurous journey of LJ553716520US
by Davenz13 Yesterday at 7:22 pm

» Cox .074 Queen Bee nelson plug
by 1/2A Nut Yesterday at 5:24 pm

» Ok, everybody gets a week off
by Marleysky Yesterday at 3:23 pm

» Cox T-6 Texan bomb drop value?
by smooth_bill Yesterday at 3:09 pm

» Shrike X3 Experimental
by Davenz13 Yesterday at 2:33 pm

» Conquest .15
by aspeed Yesterday at 2:03 pm

» music vids.. some of your favorites
by Kim Yesterday at 11:48 am

Cox Engine of The Month
May-2019
Tee Bee's

"This RR1 was restored for all the right reasons"

PAST WINNERS
Speed Contest 2019
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
The Traveling Prop
Gallery

What's been happening? Empty
World of Aviation

What's been happening?

Go down

What's been happening? Empty What's been happening?

Post  Oldenginerod on Fri May 17, 2019 11:15 pm

Hey guys, I know it's only been a week or so, but I've missed the interaction since surgery last week.  Went away for some beachside R&R for a week immediately after and have developed a particular hate for trying to make sense of this site on my phone.  Back on the 'puter now and finding it much easier, although my two finger typing is now reduced to one finger.

Had a "rehash" done on left elbow and getting pretty impatient for it to become useful again.  Back to the surgeon next Tuesday to get stitches out (quite a few, in 7 incisions) and figure out what my therapy will involve.  Meanwhile, I grow to appreciate having a reasonably useful body with most parts functioning like they should.  Looking forward (in time) to having a shot at Bob's Testors .19 Series 21 gift.  He couldn't get it running, but I hope to.  If not, it will still make a handy parts engine.

Can't swan around here doing nothing too long.  Self employed, no income protection, so the next month's going to reduce the reserves a little untill I can get back on the job.  Surgery was fully "out-of-pocket" due to a ridiculous waiting time in the public hospital system.  Paying to have it fixed properly & quickly was a better long-term option, but $950 just for the anaesthesia?  affraid

Rod.
Oldenginerod
Oldenginerod
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

What's been happening? Empty Re: What's been happening?

Post  rsv1cox on Sat May 18, 2019 7:18 am

The usual Rod, my convoluted ramblings and pictures while everyone else is making sense.

Been there Rod, at about your age. 3 plates, 13 screws, and part of my hip bone.

After about 6 weeks in a cast.

What's been happening? Foot_010

It's been fine for the last 25 years but I loosened it up a bit a couple of weeks ago. Thankfully I don't type with my toes. Smile

Good luck with your rehab and that stubborn series 21. You should have no trouble with it, I've just lost my touch with these little engines.

Bob
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Marleysky on Sat May 18, 2019 7:29 am

Rod, Glad to hear you are recovering and yes I am anxious to hear you have full use of your arm again. Oh don’t get me started on medical costs or Billings. My son is just now getting a bill from a service provider for MRI done in January of this year Oops! we thought we’d had everything paid. It’s a three-way pay, pay the guy to take the picture, pay a guy to “look at” the pictures, then pay the Dr for his interpretation of the pictures. Of course, then fight the insurance company to pay (their portion) of the bills! And we found out the hard way that the Emergency Room of the largest local hospital is run by a out of state Emergency Service provider, who unfortunately is NOT in our insurance company network? Once you’re admitted, your covered, but not for the emergency services. What a crock. So, now I’m getting robo-calls from the collection department on a bill I just now received, but is “past-due” because of the date of service. Oh oh, i did get started...sorry for the Rant.
My wife had to have her shoulder rebuilt. The work was done by a well known “sports-medicine “ Doctor with lots of experience rebuilding sports injuries. Best advice she received from him was to follow through the Physical Therapy to regain full use of motion. She did, and now is happy with the results. Yeah, anesthesia..they just don’t give ya a bottle of whiskey and a bullet to bite down on anymore. lol!
Marleysky
Marleysky
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

I Support My Forum

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  fredvon4 on Sat May 18, 2019 8:19 am

they just don’t give ya a bottle of whiskey and a bullet to bite down on anymore......thankfully!
fredvon4
fredvon4
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Trusted Seller

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  modelbuilder49 on Sat May 18, 2019 12:52 pm

fredvon4 wrote:they just don’t give ya a bottle of whiskey and a bullet to bite down on anymore......thankfully!
Nah Mad !  Ya' gotta' "BYOB" .... (bring yer' own bottle") !! Damn!
modelbuilder49
modelbuilder49
Gold Member
Gold Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  KariFS on Sat May 18, 2019 2:20 pm

modelbuilder49 wrote:
fredvon4 wrote:they just don’t give ya a bottle of whiskey and a bullet to bite down on anymore......thankfully!
Nah Mad !  Ya' gotta' "BYOB" .... (bring yer' own bottle") !!  Damn!

Whiskey and a bullet would still be better than the old ”whack on the forehead with a rubber mallet” Shocked

Hope you will get back in business soon Rod Thumbs Up

KariFS
KariFS
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Oldenginerod on Sat May 18, 2019 10:48 pm

KariFS wrote:
Whiskey and a bullet would still be better than the old ”whack on the forehead with a rubber mallet” Shocked

Hope you will get back in business soon Rod Thumbs Up

I don't know what they used to knock me out, but I can't find any bruises around the head,  lol! so I guess they went for some safer method.
The anaesthetic seemed different to previous times- I watched the clock for probably 15 minutes before I succumbed this time- previously I went out in a matter of seconds.  This was a far longer surgery than I've experienced before (being under for more than 2 hours), so maybe they took a different approach.  I know I woke up a lot quicker.  Maybe because I hadn't eaten for around 18 hours and I was starving.

The scariest thing was the nerve-block in my arm- completely numb from shoulder to finger tip from the time I woke (2pm) until 8am the next day.  It just felt like a lump of warm dead meat laying beside me.  Had to pick it up and move it where I wanted it.  Makes you appreciate the trauma paralysed people must face.

Anyway, I'm just hoping to get onto a couple of projects to keep me occupied.  Once I have the all-clear from the Doc and I'm feeling up to it, I just have to get back onto a build.  RM Bipe is first on the list.  

6-8 weeks off work says the Doc.  Going that long with no income, I gotta make the best of it.

Airplane
Oldenginerod
Oldenginerod
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down