Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register! Guests are limited to posting in the "General Questions (Guest Posting Allowed)" section only. Becoming a member is fast, easy and FREE!

"Against all Odds" Rodd-E-Liminator vids Babe_b10

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Cox Engine of The Month
June-2019
robot797's

"cox 049 gasoline"

More info on this engine!

PAST WINNERS
Speed Contest 2019
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
The Traveling Prop
Gallery

"Against all Odds" Rodd-E-Liminator vids Empty
World of Aviation

"Against all Odds" Rodd-E-Liminator vids

Go down

"Against all Odds" Rodd-E-Liminator vids Empty "Against all Odds" Rodd-E-Liminator vids

Post  roddie on Sat Jun 08, 2019 9:04 pm

I ran the car again today, with two wraps of rubber on the drive-wheel on the same 12' length tether (.031" SS stranded-cable)

The 1st run tore-up the "outer-wrap" of rubber in short-order.. and the car flipped end-over-end.. before completing a full lap.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AhD2MqNDje4

For the next trial, I added weight to the mid-frt. of the car by using a binder-clip and pinewood-derby car weights. This added 1.25oz. to the car.. for a total weight of 6.75oz.

"Against all Odds" Rodd-E-Liminator vids 20190640

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j4oEwUS2xF4

The torn outer-wrap of tire-rubber came-off when starting the engine for the 2nd-run.. but I was able to at least get a few laps on the car, without it flipping over again. The inner-wrap of tire-rubber gave-way after about the 5th lap.

"Against all Odds" Rodd-E-Liminator vids 20190641
"Against all Odds" Rodd-E-Liminator vids 20190642
"Against all Odds" Rodd-E-Liminator vids 20190643
roddie
roddie
Top Poster
Top Poster

View user profile http://www.stilburnin.com

Back to top Go down

"Against all Odds" Rodd-E-Liminator vids Empty Re: "Against all Odds" Rodd-E-Liminator vids

Post  Davenz13 on Sat Jun 08, 2019 10:10 pm

Five laps Roddie, I would call that a successful run. It was even doing a few wheelies in the first lap.
Get the tire problem sorted and it'll be all go, although you might want something a bit more substantial for a front wheel for prolonged runs.
Nothing like proving a concept. Thumbs Up
Davenz13
Davenz13
Gold Member
Gold Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

"Against all Odds" Rodd-E-Liminator vids Empty Re: "Against all Odds" Rodd-E-Liminator vids

Post  getback on Sun Jun 09, 2019 7:58 am

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Clapping Clapping Clapping Clapping Clapping Good deal man way to get out there and make the run work , I AM ENVY OF YOU AFTER I COULDN'T GET MINE TO DO RIGHT !!! Hand Shake I just watched the other vid and sounds like Lynn was having the right amount of fun !! lol! Beer Cheers
getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  roddie on Sun Jun 09, 2019 9:27 am

Davenz13 wrote:Five laps Roddie, I would call that a successful run. It was even doing a few wheelies in the first lap.
Get the tire problem sorted and it'll be all go, although you might want something a bit more substantial for a front wheel for prolonged runs.
Nothing like proving a concept. Thumbs Up

Hi Dave, yea.. the front-end was lifting.. affraid even after I added weight. The weight could probably have been placed more forward.. but it kept the car from flipping-over again. When the tire starts to shred, it def. ends the fun.. but at least it causes the engine to stall.. and not over-rev. The 2nd vid shows a faint 24 foot diameter ring of burnt-rubber from the tire breaking-down. I actually thought that was pretty cool! Smoking

The front wheel(s) need to be some type of soft foam, if I continue to run on the rough pavement.
roddie
roddie
Top Poster
Top Poster

View user profile http://www.stilburnin.com

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox on Sun Jun 09, 2019 9:42 am

Way to go roddie. You are now an official member of The Knights of the Land Based Circle.

Congratulations........

Bob
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Cribbs74 on Sun Jun 09, 2019 10:13 am

Good job man! I bet that once you work out the kinks that thing will go pretty good. Thanks for taking a second run at it! It was worth it.

Ron
Cribbs74
Cribbs74

Trusted Seller

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Marleysky on Sun Jun 09, 2019 12:42 pm

Congratulations Roddie! Those videos were great! It was fun watching you get a decent run of of your own design car. Now, I know why the tires on the Shrike I have are worn unevenly. That outboard wheel really took a beating on the asphalt! Thanks for sharing the videos!
Marleysky
Marleysky
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

I Support My Forum

View user profile

Back to top Go down

"Against all Odds" Rodd-E-Liminator vids Empty bottle rocket JATO

Post  fredvon4 on Sun Jun 09, 2019 1:32 pm

dang that was fun for nearly a year.......more!
fredvon4
fredvon4
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Trusted Seller

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down