Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

Out in the Shop..."Camera-Packing Poolboy"...well, not so much... - Page 4 Cox_ba12

Out in the Shop..."Camera-Packing Poolboy"...well, not so much... - Page 4 Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Draco Goes Flying, But Misses the Eclipse
by HalfaDave Yesterday at 9:59 pm

» A prototype Cox Reed-valve marine engine
by davidll1984 Yesterday at 9:15 pm

» music vids.. some of your favorites
by crankbndr Yesterday at 7:26 pm

» Enya .09 II Questions
by Surfer_kris Yesterday at 2:45 pm

» Wen Mac .049 - Conditioning.
by MauricioB Yesterday at 12:21 pm

» Happy 53rd birthday Mauricio!!!
by MauricioB Yesterday at 11:47 am

» Jim Walker Firebaby
by rdw777 Yesterday at 11:22 am

» Testers Sprite engine swap
by Greenman38633 Yesterday at 10:57 am

» UV Restore of Yellowed Decals
by Levent Suberk Yesterday at 8:59 am

» 22mm 2-blade nylon marine prop and solid-shaft drive
by roddie Yesterday at 6:46 am

» Post edit??
by roddie Yesterday at 5:33 am

» Original Super Power fuel formula?
by HalfaDave Wed Apr 17, 2024 7:28 pm

Cox Engine of The Month
April-2024
OVERLORD's

"Kress ducted fan with new Cox Conquest 15 RC"

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

Out in the Shop..."Camera-Packing Poolboy"...well, not so much... - Page 4 Empty
Live on Patrol

Out in the Shop..."Camera-Packing Poolboy"...well, not so much...

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Out in the Shop..."Camera-Packing Poolboy"...well, not so much... - Page 4 Empty Re: Out in the Shop..."Camera-Packing Poolboy"...well, not so much...

Post  Cribbs74 Wed Jul 17, 2019 11:23 am

Nice project Kim! Can’t wait to see it done!
Cribbs74
Cribbs74

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Out in the Shop..."Camera-Packing Poolboy"...well, not so much... - Page 4 Empty Re: Out in the Shop..."Camera-Packing Poolboy"...well, not so much...

Post  NEW222 Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:08 pm

Hope you have fun with the build. They sure are a nice looking little plane. Picked up this one back in November 2009, and still have yet to fly it! I am just scared of crashing it as it is an original kit built well. Maybe one day I will get it back up to where it belongs.....

Out in the Shop..."Camera-Packing Poolboy"...well, not so much... - Page 4 Img_2710
NEW222
NEW222
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Kim Thu Jul 18, 2019 3:34 pm

Thanks guys!  I'm still reading some of the instructions (probably making too big a deal out of it, but my brain can be slow), and also took a diversion to meet a volunteered deadline of Wednesday to finish the Breezy Hill R/C Flyer's new official pamphlet.

Even using the original as a guide, this thing took a day and an evening of sitting at my computer (out in the shop, so the the name of this thread is STILL intact!).  It was getting to be a strain, trying to list all the info, crop new photos, AND get it all to be readable on a standard size sheet of paper.

E-mailed it last night for the club officers to peruse, and haven't heard a thing!  I'm hoping they're simply overwhelmed with it's magnificence, and too dumbstruck to reply.

Anyway, please gaze upon the glorious results of a bunch of hours of screen time, resulting in a headache, backache, and a laptop that now, will not type c's and x's !!!!  OK...maybe can't blame that on the pamphlet...

Out in the Shop..."Camera-Packing Poolboy"...well, not so much... - Page 4 1_fron10

Out in the Shop..."Camera-Packing Poolboy"...well, not so much... - Page 4 2_back10
Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  ticomareado Thu Jul 18, 2019 6:35 pm

That seems like a nice club you've got there. It's rare around these parts for an R/C club to tolerate control liners.
ticomareado
ticomareado
Account Under Review

Back to top Go down

Post  Kim Thu Jul 18, 2019 8:00 pm

ticomareado wrote:That seems like a nice club you've got there. It's rare around these parts for an R/C club to tolerate control liners.

True on the control line deal. Four of the guys were childhood buds, and flew control line planes way back in the day, with one flying as an active competitor in Stunt.

I heard about these guys while working in Tailwinds Hobbies back in 2015, and joined soon after. LOTS of fun with everything from Radio Control to Rubber Band Power.

Out in the Shop..."Camera-Packing Poolboy"...well, not so much... - Page 4 2_131

Out in the Shop..."Camera-Packing Poolboy"...well, not so much... - Page 4 00_10_10
Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Kim Sat Jul 20, 2019 11:06 pm

Well, I'd kept waiting for another nice evening to fly Lil' Punkin again, and get the camera placement I missed on the last flights.  The winds have not given me a break, so I went ahead and crunched down some of the video I had.

It's all from the key fob cameras stuck to the plane's wings (need to hire someone to run the big camera).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eAuuMR1RqnE&t=6s
Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  1/2A Nut Sat Jul 20, 2019 11:57 pm

Lovely fly by der pilot moment Kim! Thumbs Up

Small Cox Logo RC Plane
1/2A Nut
1/2A Nut
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  ticomareado Sun Jul 21, 2019 6:16 am

Good to the last drop!! Incredibly smooth flight. There's a lot to be said for a well trimmed rudder only plane, as I am of the mind that if you were diddling with an elevator on this flight, it would be about as smooth as a pinball banging between rubber bumpers.
ticomareado
ticomareado
Account Under Review

Back to top Go down

Post  Kim Sun Jul 21, 2019 7:13 am

Thanks Guys!

It's a lot of fun for a little "Junk Yard" airplane.  Figure that the last time it flew was probably in the 1970's...a long time parked in the cobwebs!
Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Kim Wed Jul 24, 2019 3:45 pm

So, taking a break from the balsa hacking-glueing-trimming-sanding part of my Jr. Skylark project, I finally gave in to the brain nagging that been after me for an engine change.

After all that hoo-doo about test running a couple .020's on Skycopter backplates, I've decided to go to .010's after all.  (Of course, the good part is that I've got a couple REALLY nice running .020's!)

I had swapped out Poolboy's Tee Dee .010 for an .020 for some more power to counteract it's weight gain over the past 25 years, and this gave me an extra .010 to go with the one that was patiently waiting in it's drawer.

This also gave me the excuse to use the two beautiful red tanks I'd gotten from Bernie a while back.  So, I built up the two tiny engines, and headed out to the engine shelf.  After some coaxing, both came to life and ran out their fuel.

I also finally decided to put an elevator on the little plane so I could fly it out of my front yard, and it may or may not get some landing gear.

So it goes on the hill at the moment...

Out in the Shop..."Camera-Packing Poolboy"...well, not so much... - Page 4 3_126

Out in the Shop..."Camera-Packing Poolboy"...well, not so much... - Page 4 1_139

Out in the Shop..."Camera-Packing Poolboy"...well, not so much... - Page 4 3_52

Out in the Shop..."Camera-Packing Poolboy"...well, not so much... - Page 4 5_41

Out in the Shop..."Camera-Packing Poolboy"...well, not so much... - Page 4 6_32

Out in the Shop..."Camera-Packing Poolboy"...well, not so much... - Page 4 8_25

Out in the Shop..."Camera-Packing Poolboy"...well, not so much... - Page 4 9_21

Last edited by Kim on Thu Jul 25, 2019 3:12 pm; edited 5 times in total
Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Cribbs74 Wed Jul 24, 2019 4:27 pm

You might be a good candidate for a couple of Jason’s .020 horseshoe backplates...
Cribbs74
Cribbs74

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  1/2A Nut Wed Jul 24, 2019 4:55 pm

extra fine steel wool will brighten that glow head.

Popcorn
1/2A Nut
1/2A Nut
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Kim Thu Jul 25, 2019 7:22 am

1/2A Nut wrote:extra fine steel wool will brighten that glow head.

Popcorn

Yeah Brad! Gonna clean it up, along with the rest of the gummy little rascal!!!
Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox Thu Jul 25, 2019 7:41 am

Yes, pretty good "Junk yard" airplane Kim. The winds did give you a break. Smooth as butter on warm toast.

Enjoyed the flight and the sunset scenes were stunning.

Bob
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  getback Thu Jul 25, 2019 8:29 am

Love the Litl. Pumkin flight and the .010s are looking good !! Thanks Kim Small Cox Logo Babe Bee .049 Small Cox Logo RC Plane
getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Kim Thu Jul 25, 2019 9:03 am

Thanks for your posts guys!!!

Lil' Punkin is an odd little plane...ought to be fun watching it make laps at S.M.A.L.L. !

Last edited by Kim on Thu Aug 01, 2019 8:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Kim Thu Aug 01, 2019 3:13 pm

From my Facebook page:
-------------------------------------------------------

My Ken Willard "Poolboy" flying boat busts out of it's 'Envelope'.

It may sound like a good thing...like being freed or some such, but in airplane terms, not so!

I've pretty much gotten a free ride with putting cameras on my planes, but this time, I was just asking for too much. Even with the bigger engine (.020) on the little plane, it wasn't gonna happen.

Poolboy tried valiantly to pack it's cameras into the sky, but got gravity-dragged down on each attempt. On the bright side, instead of snap-rolling into the ground (which it had every right to do), it settled smoothly in the tall pasture grass each time, and emerged undamaged.

I'm STILL determined to get some inflight video...maybe trim down a two blade prop to up the RPM's a bit, and pitch the engine up a couple degrees.

Out in the Shop..."Camera-Packing Poolboy"...well, not so much... - Page 4 1_140

Out in the Shop..."Camera-Packing Poolboy"...well, not so much... - Page 4 6_33

Out in the Shop..."Camera-Packing Poolboy"...well, not so much... - Page 4 5_122

Out in the Shop..."Camera-Packing Poolboy"...well, not so much... - Page 4 4_127

Out in the Shop..."Camera-Packing Poolboy"...well, not so much... - Page 4 2_132
Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4