Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

Run What Ya Brung winners Cox_ba12

Run What Ya Brung winners Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» How's the weather?
by HalfaDave Today at 12:02 pm

» Cox .35 and .40 in Nürnberg Toy Fair
by Levent Suberk Today at 11:57 am

» Wen Mac .049 - Conditioning.
by MauricioB Today at 11:39 am

» music vids.. some of your favorites
by HalfaDave Today at 11:23 am

» Enya .09 II Questions
by Surfer_kris Today at 10:59 am

» Jim Walker Firebaby
by rsv1cox Today at 8:27 am

» Draco Goes Flying, But Misses the Eclipse
by HalfaDave Yesterday at 9:59 pm

» A prototype Cox Reed-valve marine engine
by davidll1984 Yesterday at 9:15 pm

» Happy 53rd birthday Mauricio!!!
by MauricioB Yesterday at 11:47 am

» Testers Sprite engine swap
by Greenman38633 Yesterday at 10:57 am

» UV Restore of Yellowed Decals
by Levent Suberk Yesterday at 8:59 am

» 22mm 2-blade nylon marine prop and solid-shaft drive
by roddie Yesterday at 6:46 am

Cox Engine of The Month
April-2024
OVERLORD's

"Kress ducted fan with new Cox Conquest 15 RC"

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

Run What Ya Brung winners Empty
Live on Patrol

Run What Ya Brung winners

Go down

Run What Ya Brung winners Empty Run What Ya Brung winners

Post  Cribbs74 Thu Sep 05, 2019 10:10 pm

First let me apologize. I took this on when I was already overwhelmed. I wanted my buddy Fred to be relieved of some stress and it appears that I made a mess of things yet again.

The winners of the actual flights are Ken and Alan. With Ken taking first and Alan second and third

I am having a real hard time with the builds as I only see where Ken and Doug provided pictures and made actual flights.

Modelbuilder049 provided a nice build log, but I can’t see a flight from him.

I could be wrong. I want to put this to bed. If anyone can help set this straight I would be very grateful.

Ron

Cribbs74
Cribbs74

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Run What Ya Brung winners Empty Re: Run What Ya Brung winners

Post  rsv1cox Fri Sep 06, 2019 6:25 am

Cribbs74 wrote:First let me apologize. I took this on when I was already overwhelmed. I wanted my buddy Fred to be relieved of some stress and it appears that I made a mess of things yet again.

The winners of the actual flights are Ken and Alan. With Ken taking first and Alan second and third

I am having a real hard time with the builds as I only see where Ken and Doug provided pictures and made actual flights.

Modelbuilder049 provided a nice build log, but I can’t see a flight from him.

I could be wrong. I want to put this to bed. If anyone can help set this straight I would be very grateful.

Ron

Your not alone Ron, I followed it closely and I'm totally confused.

Fred laid out some rules, but everything is and was subject to interpretation.

Bob
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  aspeed Fri Sep 06, 2019 10:37 am

I interpreted two classes. A reed and rotary class. I figured I got the reedy one, and missed the rotary by one or two places. Whatever you guys decide is great though. I suppose there were not 5 in each class if another interpretation is needed. I have some pics there somewhere, but all I really did was saw off the firewall from an old mouse racer, and added a nut for tail weight for the TD. Luckily the Norvel mount fits the Bee lug pattern. I was really quite happy to run that plane again after 30 years. I have another better old proto, the one in my avatar, but won't run it on grass. It hasn't flown in 43 years. Yikes. Anyway everyone put in a good effort and most results were pretty close.
aspeed
aspeed
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

Post  1/2A Nut Fri Sep 06, 2019 10:54 am

Alan that's what I figured too, TD and Reed should both have a 1st place slot.

Small Cox Logo Popcorn
1/2A Nut
1/2A Nut
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  fredvon4 Fri Sep 06, 2019 10:58 am

Paying winners to three places for each of the two classes...REED and FISE
$100 cash PayPal or snail mail
$75
$50
fredvon4
fredvon4
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox Fri Sep 06, 2019 11:55 am

That was a long duration effort covering nine pages. Some laughs along the way, some not so funny but a learning adventure for many here including me. Thanks to Fred, Ron and all others that actually contributed.

I would love to see an individual follow-up from all those that actually participated featuring the models involved as they appear now.
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  GUS THE I.A. Fri Sep 06, 2019 11:36 pm

Ta-Da!
I was able to build a plane for the contest, and get it to fly- With the reed valve engine, and a Tee Dee .049 engine; then made certain that the parts of the plane were shown prior to cutting them out; then assembled, and finally painted. I was even able to present a video of it flying, with help from a CoxEngineForum.com member for everyone to see. Here's what I think is a riot: My reed valve engine made the plane fly faster than the Tee Dee. 049 was able to make it fly!
Thanks to everyone that made the event possible! It was a fun challenge to make an airplane; then get it to fly! Woo-Hoo!
GUS THE I.A.
GUS THE I.A.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  modelbuilder49 Sat Sep 07, 2019 2:38 pm

Cribbs74 wrote: Modelbuilder049 provided a nice build log, but I can’t see a flight from him.

Ron

Howdy!  Shocked  I posted the original flight video a while back, Sat May 18, 2019 5:31 pm, with the YouTube link (https://youtu.be/6OFxljY9-ds) .  The final video was posted on page 8 of the "Re: 2018 to 2019 CEF Run What YA Brung UNLIMITED speed contes (CLOSED)" and it brought some criticism from a couple of the guys on this site because it was claimed that it was flying too high on a couple of the laps Shocked  Sad  Sad .  Well, there was nothing I could do about that because the little thing is so sensitive to the wind gusts and what I thought were thermals (it was about 90 degrees that day) the way it jumped around  Doh! .

My biggest complaint was having the date changed for a second time just because some guys couldn't or wouldn't comply with the founders rules and deadlines for all sorts of reasons  No!  No!  No!  No!  No! .  Now I know this is a fun event thing and I truly thank Fred for his kindness and inspiration but looking back to the way I was "brought up" .... when the call for formation "Fall IN" was given, there were no excuses and so forth.  Nevertheless, I did my best to comply in time and on time.

To avoid confusion going forward, maybe there should be a dedicated page/post for all build logs and flight videos.  When I searched the site  Paranoid , there seems to be seven (7) individual postings with slightly different titles although they did come out under the search option "Run What Ya Brung".  Anyway, I enjoyed my time and my hat's off to Fred Hand Shake !!
modelbuilder49
modelbuilder49
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Oldenginerod Sat Sep 07, 2019 8:45 pm

modelbuilder49 wrote:
Cribbs74 wrote: Modelbuilder049 provided a nice build log, but I can’t see a flight from him.

Ron

Howdy!  Shocked  I posted the original flight video a while back, Sat May 18, 2019 5:31 pm, with the YouTube link (https://youtu.be/6OFxljY9-ds) .  The final video was posted on page 8 of the "Re: 2018 to 2019 CEF Run What YA Brung UNLIMITED speed contes (CLOSED)" and it brought some criticism from a couple of the guys on this site because it was claimed that it was flying too high on a couple of the laps Shocked  Sad  Sad .  Well, there was nothing I could do about that because the little thing is so sensitive to the wind gusts and what I thought were thermals (it was about 90 degrees that day) the way it jumped around  Doh! .

My biggest complaint was having the date changed for a second time just because some guys couldn't or wouldn't comply with the founders rules and deadlines for all sorts of reasons  No!  No!  No!  No!  No! .  Now I know this is a fun event thing and I truly thank Fred for his kindness and inspiration but looking back to the way I was "brought up" .... when the call for formation "Fall IN" was given, there were no excuses and so forth.  Nevertheless, I did my best to comply in time and on time.

To avoid confusion going forward, maybe there should be a dedicated page/post for all build logs and flight videos.  When I searched the site  Paranoid , there seems to be seven (7) individual postings with slightly different titles although they did come out under the search option "Run What Ya Brung".  Anyway, I enjoyed my time and my hat's off to Fred Hand Shake !!

Ah, that's is just soooo us- Complicating that which should be simple. Sad I gave up following the whole exercise because of the excessive number of posts that sprung up. Sorry that it has stressed Ron out. I don't blame him. Maybe wipe the lot and get people to start again on one dedicated post. Build log, photos and flight video. Just a thought.
Oldenginerod
Oldenginerod
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down