Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

Enya engines Cox_ba12

Enya engines Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» STUKA bomb dimentions needed
by Gordinir8 Today at 9:04 am

» Indexing COX cylinders
by davidll1984 Today at 7:56 am

» Another of C.T. engines cleaned ---- Cox Tee Dee .09 --- Just today (3/26/2024) more Cox parts
by Yabby Today at 7:47 am

» Introducing our Cox .049 TD Engines
by Yabby Today at 6:33 am

» 1/2a Skyray plans?
by 944_Jim Yesterday at 10:14 pm

» Postage stamp backplates
by JPvelo Yesterday at 8:52 pm

» my attempt at making an exhaust throttle for Cox .049
by roddie Yesterday at 8:20 pm

» Cosmic Winds, - Big Guy, Little Guys, Silver Guy and Wounded Guy.
by rsv1cox Yesterday at 5:18 pm

» My friend Ramón, his Cox .09 & Cox .010
by MauricioB Yesterday at 12:31 pm

» Parts Cox TD-4
by rsv1cox Yesterday at 8:40 am

» On ebay a very special Cox engine
by davidll1984 Yesterday at 6:32 am

» Introducing the new - "QZ" RR-1
by Admin Yesterday at 12:51 am

Cox Engine of The Month
March-2024
balogh's

"COX Budapest" .049 engine

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

Enya engines Empty
Live on Patrol

Enya engines

Go down

Enya engines Empty Enya engines

Post  Ken Cook Sat Feb 29, 2020 7:59 am

I see a lot of people are big fans of the Enya. I had many of them and still do. Without a doubt, they're well made. Some of them have their drawbacks while others supercede all manufacturers. Bob posts his pictures of his museum of engines which I think is exceptionally cool. He has some real prizes in there. I have had some not so good experiences with them such as breaking rods and bending cases. I love the older versions with the cast venturi stack, they're truly my favorite Enya engines. I have the .29's-.35's 5224's which I enjoy however some of them were quite problematic earning the nickname enema vs Enya. I still call them enemas . These haven't seen the light of day in quite some time. I decided it was time to excercise some pistons and I pulled them out. To my surprise, I thought I owned a lot more Fox engines in which I do but to my shock when I opened the box, I thought they multiplied in there. I have several on planes not in the picture from .45-.60's. I  will say they will outlast me.

Enya engines Dscn2863 The .19X in the bottom right corner is my all time favorite Enya. It's one mean engine and I hope to get it on the nose of something. A bit heavy but man does it run like no other .19.
Ken Cook
Ken Cook
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Enya engines Empty Re: Enya engines

Post  MauricioB Sat Feb 29, 2020 9:47 am

Hi Ken, you have an important stock of Enya engines there!
I have some experience with Enya engines.
I used the .09 RC and the .40 RC, I was really surprised by the quality and reliable running. Some consider them a better brand than O.S. engines ... but hey, everyone with their opinion.
I've always recommended it to the Enya engine, it's a great engine.
Here I share a video of me, from an original Kyosho model, MUSTANG P-51 and an Enya .09 2T RC IV, it's a great engine! Thumbs Up
MauricioB
MauricioB
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Surfer_kris Sat Feb 29, 2020 11:16 am

I don't have the .19X myself, but the .21X and .25X share the same bottom parts I believe and they are great engines. The CX ones are even better though and really spin up well on the Enya tuned pipe. Smile
Surfer_kris
Surfer_kris
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Ken Cook Sat Feb 29, 2020 12:53 pm

The top left with the muffler in the package sticking out of the box has a Enya .45X in front of it. Unreal powerhouse as it was swinging props I wouldn't of expected. I have never used the .45X. I have a .Fox .45 which I really like and consider to be powerful. The Enya though really turns up when you start dialing the needle in.
Ken Cook
Ken Cook
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox Sat Feb 29, 2020 3:28 pm

Hi Ken,  Nice selection of my favorite model engine, I see a diesel or two in there.  Your's are working engines, many of mine just sit around being looked at.

But enema Enya...…….that description is going to be rattling around my brain for a day or two.  Smile  But I must admit, I have several that would fit in that category.  I bought a bunch of trashy examples.

Your post gave me an excuse to fondle some of mine, more collectables than favorites.  My favorites are sitting in my models up in the loft, tried and true engines including my first Enya, a .29 5224 on my R/C Fledgling.  BTW some models of the .29 and .35 shared the same 5224 designations, the only Enyas of different displacements to do so.  

Got some out.  An ex Bob Allen .63 Typhoon, first and last editions of the .09 NIB, a mailer sent to MRC for repair by a Doctor Jacobus, a .35 Classic, a one off .09 "Special" made for a collector in Australia, and perhaps the rarest Enya of them all a .36 only made for a few months.  Forgot about adding it so I took a second picture.

The .09 Special has a story that I might have related here before..

Enya engines P8170013
          Enya engines P8170014
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Ken Cook Sat Feb 29, 2020 3:44 pm

Bob, I have also noticed that the .19, .29, 35 also were available in ball bearing versions and the case still retains it's designation. I own a BB version of all three. For instance, I believe your .35 Classic which by the way is beautiful is a BB engine. I wish Enya made that version in a plain bearing when they re issued. I recently had a line break which was my down line and I stuffed my .35 into the ground. It was on grass but nonetheless the case bent. I've had this happen to numerous cases in which the momentum just tweaks the case enough forward that the conrod binds internally against the back of the case. Shtterman to the rescue and all is good now.
Ken Cook
Ken Cook
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox Sun Mar 01, 2020 7:20 am

Yes, the .35 Classic is a ball bearing engine.  But it's the little guys that intrigue me.  Especially these 11 CX diesel and CX car engines.  I haven't ran either and was wondering if you had any experience with them?  The .11 CX/CT glow engine was marketed by Altech yet shared the same box style as MRC minus the MRC logo.

Enya engines P8170017
          Enya engines P8170018

Enya engines P8170015
          Enya engines P8170016
          Enya engines P8170019

I have flown and restored these for years, but you have much more practical experience running these than I have.  My air time would be but a fraction of yours.
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Ken Cook Sun Mar 01, 2020 7:58 am

Bob, one of my club members Rob has the diesel .11. Rob and I are both carpenters and we haven't crossed paths in a while. My son, also a carpenter has seen him recently. Rob is monumental in diesel flying as he inspired many of us to give it a whirl. Rob is also a Enya enthusiast owning the .30SS which is his only Enya glow engine. His other glow engines consist of ASP and Magnum .25's. Other than those, it's all diesel for him. I own two of the Enya Altech branded .25's in the AAC version which I haven't run but plan to this season.
Ken Cook
Ken Cook
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Surfer_kris Sun Mar 01, 2020 11:01 am

Yes the small CX engines are great. Some are (AAC) while some are (ABC), this makes the .11 Ultra quite a lot heavier than the earlier AAC .11CX engine (without the "Ultra" prefix). I think that there is about 1oz difference between the two models.

On the diesel engines I like to use the special "super quiet" mufflers from Enya, they give the engines a soft and nice exhaust note (but will add some extra weight). The AAC .11 diesel will spin a 9x4 prop at around 10000rpm, and it is a very easy to use engine.

Enya engines Img_1316
          Enya engines Img_0911
          Enya engines Img_1317
Surfer_kris
Surfer_kris
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down