Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register! Guests are limited to posting in the "General Questions (Guest Posting Allowed)" section only. Becoming a member is fast, easy and FREE!

British Warlord  Babe_b10

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» ENYA .35 rod
by Dave P. Today at 6:33 pm

» Follow The World's Smallest Traveling Engine!
by modelbuilder49 Today at 6:03 pm

» Coved-19 and how it affects life
by OhBee Today at 5:54 pm

» Printing in tile program
by andrew Today at 1:23 pm

» It’s the Pitts….
by rsv1cox Today at 9:49 am

» os wankel?
by robot797 Today at 9:18 am

» Start a collection
by Oldenginerod Today at 1:46 am

» COXADOODLEDO
by Admin Today at 1:45 am

» Testors project engine??
by Oldenginerod Today at 1:45 am

» Another proposed design by Roddie
by OhBee Yesterday at 7:10 pm

Cox Engine of The Month
March-2020
Dave P.'s

"Tee Dee .051"

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

British Warlord  Empty

British Warlord

Go down

British Warlord  Empty British Warlord

Post  Ken Cook on Wed Mar 25, 2020 7:05 am

This is one that Ian would enjoy. My son and I have a good bit of involvement with combat but this is something entirely new to me. A friend of mine was in a hobby shop that was recently closing. He called me due to stumbling onto this combat kit. I figured why not pick it up and I'll build it. So I get the kit and I will say never building a British kit before this was nothing like I ever experienced. The bellcrank supplied is a piece of sheet brass you cut and file to shape, the tank supplied is a bunch of pre bent parts that need to be soldered together. The leading edge is just a piece of square stock that requires extensive planing and shaping. The ribs were just rectangular pieces of 3/32" stock that requires all ribs to be sanded to shape. All in all it was a neat build and now it needs to be covered. This plane is built like a tank and weighs about the same. 10 oz's as it sits now, the engine is 8 oz's and I'm still without covering.

Yesterday, I assembled the entire wing completing the engine nacelle last evening. I drilled for the dowels and epoxied and glassed the nose in last night. Other than that the entire model was assembled with carpenters glue and rubber bands. My engine choice will be the Enya MK II 2.5 diesel. I added the phenolic pads to the nacelle due to the case being so deep.

British Warlord  Dscn2914

British Warlord  Dscn2915         My tank of choice wouldn't fit without a lot of rework to the plane so I decided to just offer a open bay for the tank.

British Warlord  Dscn2916  Engine nacelle awaiting a bit of sanding. and microballoon fillets
Ken Cook
Ken Cook
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

British Warlord  Empty Re: British Warlord

Post  ian1954 on Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:59 am

A prime entry for Vintage combat over here!
ian1954
ian1954
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum