Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

A Mustang without a propeller. Cox_ba12

A Mustang without a propeller. Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» my attempt at making an exhaust throttle for Cox .049
by roddie Today at 1:39 pm

» Introducing the new - "QZ" RR-1
by roddie Today at 1:08 pm

» STUKA bomb dimentions needed
by latole Today at 9:36 am

» Indexing COX cylinders
by davidll1984 Today at 7:56 am

» Another of C.T. engines cleaned ---- Cox Tee Dee .09 --- Just today (3/26/2024) more Cox parts
by Yabby Today at 7:47 am

» Introducing our Cox .049 TD Engines
by Yabby Today at 6:33 am

» 1/2a Skyray plans?
by 944_Jim Yesterday at 10:14 pm

» Postage stamp backplates
by JPvelo Yesterday at 8:52 pm

» Cosmic Winds, - Big Guy, Little Guys, Silver Guy and Wounded Guy.
by rsv1cox Yesterday at 5:18 pm

» My friend Ramón, his Cox .09 & Cox .010
by MauricioB Yesterday at 12:31 pm

» Parts Cox TD-4
by rsv1cox Yesterday at 8:40 am

» On ebay a very special Cox engine
by davidll1984 Yesterday at 6:32 am

Cox Engine of The Month
March-2024
balogh's

"COX Budapest" .049 engine

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

A Mustang without a propeller. Empty
Live on Patrol

A Mustang without a propeller.

Go down

A Mustang without a propeller. Empty A Mustang without a propeller.

Post  rsv1cox Fri Apr 17, 2020 8:34 am

Mark just sent me this picture that has been floating around various Mustang Facebook forums.  I don't do Facebook so it's a new one on me.  

A Mustang without a propeller. Painti10

Mark snapped this picture of me painting his rather rare K code Mustang some forty years ago.  I posted it on the MGB (MGExperience) forum while we were discussing various painting methods and forgot about it.  Someone recently must have picked it up and posted it on the Mustang forum where it has garnered some 450+ likes and, according to Mark, no dislikes.  But I think he is just being kind as I can think about 20 negative snide comments off the top of my head.  He did mention however that someone commented about the Mustang silhouette I must have left on the side of the building.  

Sorry guys, Ron's "It's happening" thread has got me thinking cars again.  

BTW, that's lacquer back when you could use it without going to jail.  About 5 coats rubbed out between coats. Final product was smooth as glass and looked great.  Best back yard paint job that I ever did.
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

A Mustang without a propeller. Empty Re: A Mustang without a propeller.

Post  944_Jim Fri Apr 17, 2020 8:44 am

Cool beans, Bob!

You give me hope that I can use a 30 yo Craftsman spray gun to "Outdoor paint" my TR6. I plan on using Rust-Oleum, or possibly a similar Sherwin-Williams product with catalyst (discovered that one last week).

What ever happened to the Mustang? Wish you had it back?
944_Jim
944_Jim
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox Fri Apr 17, 2020 8:57 am

944_Jim wrote:Cool beans, Bob!

You give me hope that I can use a 30 yo Craftsman spray gun to "Outdoor paint" my TR6. I plan on using Rust-Oleum, or possibly a similar Sherwin-Williams product with catalyst (discovered that one last week).

What ever happened to the Mustang? Wish you had it back?

That is a Craftsman spray gun Jim. I had several including a Binks but that Craftsman was always my first choice.

Mark was in the Navy at the time and wanted to take it to school in Tennessee, but I made him take my 82 Camaro and I kept the Mustang and drove it occasionally.

He eventually sold it to another sailor who within weeks wrecked it. Mark used the money to buy a new second generation Mazda RX-7. And yes, he kicks himself daily.
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  fredvon4 Fri Apr 17, 2020 8:58 am

944 Jim
your 30 year old gun a rebranded Sears Craftsman...Is a Model 19 Binks...very good gun. I painted a few bikes n cars and one truck with the one my dad gave me

all parts still available I believe....you need to inspect and refurb the leather seals before you use it...If been sitting unused for a while

on current auto paints and thinners....sticker shock .....

I actually had Earl Scheib paint two customer cars I hot rodded for money....I did the final detail but there were faster and cheaper that I could do the entire car color, door sills and all....I know the $299 paint job days are long gone...but IMO the shop I used did a very good job
fredvon4
fredvon4
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox Fri Apr 17, 2020 9:09 am

Coincidently, today is the day Mark informs me that Progressive arrived five years ago to haul off his two destroyed Mustangs. They were crushed when an eighteen wheeler crashed into the back of the car carrier they were being transported here from Colorado. Posted about before.

A Mustang without a propeller. Mustan12
A Mustang without a propeller. Mustan13
A Mustang without a propeller. Mustan14
A Mustang without a propeller. Mustan15
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  fredvon4 Fri Apr 17, 2020 10:56 am

i REMEMBER THE INITIAL POSTING...THOSE PHOTOS STILL MAKE ME NAUSEOUS

HATE MY CAPS LOCK.....SORRY NOT SHOUTING

fredvon4
fredvon4
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  944_Jim Fri Apr 17, 2020 11:50 am

Oh, the pain of seeing two sweet Mustangs going away! My sympathies to the owner.

Fred,

Thanks for the heads up regarding the paint gun. I tried to look for other nozzles hoping to spray latex. Sadly, I only found the SearsPartDirect link describing this gun as obsolete. An eBay search turned up nothing. Using your reference will re-invigorate potential parts supplies. I hate to throw out an unused, yet otherwise fine piece of, well, anything! Yes, I'm a packrat!

This gun was sold as a set; 33 gal compressor, 1/2" impact gun, 3/8" air ratchet, and the paint gun.

I never used the paint gun, but all other parts work fine years later. The compressor just got a new regulator. The original tow-gauge regulator is also obsolete, so the new one has only the regulated air supply gauge (Tractor Supply on sale name brand $4!).

I have found other obsolete stuff later. It is just a matter of waiting until it pops up. This is something one learns with antique vehicles.
944_Jim
944_Jim
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  balogh Fri Apr 17, 2020 1:57 pm

rsv1cox wrote:Coincidently, today is the day Mark informs me that Progressive arrived five years ago to haul off his two destroyed Mustangs.  They were crushed when an eighteen wheeler crashed into the back of the car carrier they were being transported here from Colorado.  Posted about before.

I remember those heartbreaking pics in your post Bob..any one if those 2 beauties recovered or both ended up in the junkyard?
balogh
balogh
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox Fri Apr 17, 2020 2:26 pm

balogh wrote:
rsv1cox wrote:Coincidently, today is the day Mark informs me that Progressive arrived five years ago to haul off his two destroyed Mustangs.  They were crushed when an eighteen wheeler crashed into the back of the car carrier they were being transported here from Colorado.  Posted about before.

I remember those heartbreaking pics in your post Bob..any one if those 2 beauties recovered or both ended up in the junkyard?

Awhile back Mark traced the vin # of one to a body shop in Pennsylvania, the other who knows.

Lot's of nice original parts on both of them. Unibody, the bodies are trash but some unscrupulous person may cut the vin numbers out of the frame. With the permission of the Insurance Company he managed to salvage the Carroll Shelby signed glove compartment door but that's about it.

Bob
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down